Multiplayer is in the works, how can we help?

+
PvE griefers will just kite enemies your way lol or block off the area you need to go for a quest. Killing you themselves is simple. There's lots of ways they can be a nuisance

@Danyel_Longbow

Well, in the end that's YOUR subjective preference, but not everyone might agree with it.

My main point is that you can make an online environment shared by many players (who may be strangers to each other) work - several ways lead to Rome. It's proven to work, too, at the latest if players themselves can run dedicated servers and run their own communities with their own rules. Look at all the Armed Assault RPG or G-Mod communities. Or even private GTA (RP) communities, as another example where we use GTA 's technical platform, the game itself.

If official servers or different game modes (PVE, COOP, PVP, whatever) can't offer it, private player communities and servers can. Same with DayZ as yet another example.

If people want it to work, it works. The devs just need to provide the appropriate framework, foundations or possibilities. And since some dislike the mere mention of "GTA": Yes, even GTA works. Look at the private servers there, policed by the community or respective server owners and staff.

Oh I agree private servers would be great in that you could have private run pvp or non pvp servers. My point however is more about "official" servers or the official game itself because as far as I know it not certain at all private servers will be a thing. Hell I think we don't even know what shape or form multiplayer will take.

My point is also that I don't agree with your opinion that, "you can make an online environment shared by many players" work if they force open world PVP on people that are not interested in such. If they force such a thing in open world on official servers it has been proven again and again that safeguards just don't work and even leads into developers coding in "rewards" for to try and force or entice you into gameplay you dislike that turn you into meta content for others.

My point is that I don't care what so and so does on their private server.. all the more power to that/them but I will not hold my breath on there being private servers tbh thus my post in this regard.

Pvp in private servers or non pvp private is basically a non factor, it's what happens in the official server or official game that matters.

Frankly right now I don't think there will be servers period. I just hope they do give us some form of hosting method so we can play the game with others...the things is they need to make it work better than say how Grim Dawn does it to avoid syncing issues and broken quests/missions etc etc

Last edited:
PvE griefers will just kite enemies your way lol or block off the area you need to go for a quest. Killing you themselves is simple. There's lots of ways they can be a nuisance
Yup, just look to Red Dead Redemption Online as an example. Sure, you can stop someone from shooting you and killing you by activating Defensive mode, but griefers can still lasso you and drag you, horse-jack you, etc...never underestimate the lengths a griefer will go to just to aggravate people.

Multiplayer is in the works, how can we help? We can't. CDPR will do, what CDPR thinks is best for the market at that time.

Bad wording I guess. I didn't mean it in an MMORPG kind of way where you join a server maintained by the devs, I mean we don't have to expect a classic MMO(RPG) in the first place with MP. With "official" I mean something perhaps automatically generated via the game like a session that you cannot really modify, and of course any sort of official "hard set" game mode.

Perhaps to get mentally away from the word "official server", what I mean or hope for in the end is that if you can run your own servers continously and modify them with scripts and mods, then you can probably have customizable communities and cater to different needs. For example standard DayZ was the Wild West and still likely is. Someone you run across could just decide to help you or shoot at you, or get your trust and shoot you when you least suspect it. Shoot or kill on sight. Ironically here some could label that as griefing, toxic, etc although it's part of the game design and actually intended (not that I want to compare a survival game to potential CP77 MP, but anything has a place somewhere).

Yet thanks to dedicated servers and whatnot (next to "official" ones you can't really modify) you have all kinds of communities including those who focus on RP or an immersive experience, with tweaked KOS rules. You can still technically shoot or slash anyone but if you don't do it right you can be excluded from the community. Not to mention whitelisting, dictating who can play in the first place and under what conditions or requirements.

Long story short, big potential if players can run their own customizable servers and communities. Couple sufficient modding, enough players that can join a server, the assumption you could roam most or all parts of Night City you also see in the SP game in MP and custom servers and you have vibrant online communities. A bit like in Armed Assault life servers.

Will we get this? I have no friggin clue and when in doubt, assume not, but it would be great. And to anyone having concerns about this, I've seen enough of those communities and they work - players police themselves both from an in-game standpoint as they usually have police and whatnot, and an out-of-game standpoint via community rules and preventing certain scenarios or people doing too much questionable stuff.

I like the idea of being able to create factions that police/moderate themselves as much as they can. I would really like to experience a game where people there get to know the players around them like they were actually citizens of NC. Where the die hard fans could set up factions that shun the griefer types, focus on problem solving, and allow a supportive social experience. I would love to be surrounded by people who were as into the game as I know I'm going to be.

It would be amazing to see the same players throughout the city as if you were running into them in a IRL city. Or, to see people you have seen hanging out around bars, or somewhere, suddenly show up in missions.
To watch the growth and progression of your friends, trade stuff, hang out, die together, live together...it seems like a reasonable way to have an MP for the Cyberpunk world.

I would also be a good thing for CDPR, because I know they want superfans to congregate, it's the best thing they can do for the "public image" of 2077. Setting up something like that would also provide a new form of immersion that CDPR is shooting for with the single player, it would just be a worthy continuation of it into the MP. Which will be one of the biggest challenges.

I like to think of playing the MP would be like streaming, where consistency is rewarded by being able to play with people who are also going to be consistent anti griefers/serious players, they will be the ones who will make the world truly immersive. If players also decide to actually stream gameplay, then there is a really interesting dynamic of the Cyberpunk world melding with the real world. That form of networking is, at least, one of my own personal goals. I really think this is an important subject and could even be something that helps people feel involved, or a part of something, just like streaming channel communities end up doing.

I wouldn't mind paying for some things as well. I don't like subscription based things, but I would make an exception for an MP I cared about. I would completely expect a free to play option for everyone, but would gladly pay for something priced reasonably if it was my #1 social experience. I would see it as a form of donation to CDPR for being badazz mofos.

Badazzmofodonoz, I am ok with this.
Post automatically merged:

Multiplayer is in the works, how can we help? We can't. CDPR will do, what CDPR thinks is best for the market at that time.

True story, but it's still far off and I hope CDPR reads and dissects the thread as much as they need to for inspiration or insight.

Even if it helps a dev just a little with a obstacle or idea then we have done something meaningful.

Making this MP is going to be hard AF. Godspeed CDPR.

Last edited:
I am not exactly a fan of multiplayer for several reasons. Do we know what kind of MP are they thinking about? Group vs environment as in Mass Effect 3 (pretty good aside from horrible lags) or PvP (I avoid those like plague)?

The whole GTA thing is a prime example of what cdpr should not do IMO. I want to play by myself offline or in some form of coop MP either via private server or lan or private online group OR if need be in some coop only server where there is no pvp period.

I want my pvp to be separate from the main game so then I can choose to participate or not with the usual hubrara that games with pvp in open world have. I don't care about the "safeguards"..... they invariable never work well and end up in a divided community where it's "carebears vs "griefers" both in game and in the forums.
ghost recon is what I see as a perfect example of what a good mp option to be added in where 2-3 friends can join in and assist you

ghost recon is what I see as a perfect example of what a good mp option to be added in where 2-3 friends can join in and assist you

I haven't played it, but it looks amazing. To have an stealthy option for the Splinter Cell fans would be amazing, because (hopefully), if set up correctly, a badass Cyberpunk team could consist of the sneaky types with straight up slayer types. That juxtaposition would be so much fun...especially if there was a timing and place crucial aspect. Like one team on one side of the city doing work, while other team(s) make sure they are able to do so...

I like to think of controlled chaotic situations happening throughout the city and the consequences rippling through the various groups of people who inhabit NC. It would be awesome to be able to somehow hear about how other cyberpunks are accomplishing crazy things through rumors and "scuttlebutt".

Underline and italics added for emphasis. Given that, I think if they do it, it'll most likely be a co-op with story based missions.

so if they said that they're not working on MP, basically this thread is ruined XD

so if they said that they're not working on MP, basically this thread is ruined XD
they have said the mp feature is what one of side teams is working on and that it wont be ready at launch it will be one of dlc adons post launch if at all

well does anyone knows if they pay attention to this thread???
or is this thread just some brainstorm to throw away to the garbage??
Post automatically merged:

I really hope they have a side campaign for co-op. and side campaign for pvp. wich will influence factions control in nightcity and inlfuence on streets creds or eddies for belonging to a faction....of course (and there's no running away from it) Multiplayer becomes a loop wich gets to be pretty much the same everytime....therefore releasing vehicles, appartments, clothes, weapons, tattoos, high-tech, new air style, new body mods is pretty importante to give variety to a rpg multiplayer game wich in my opinion its what makes a good rpg game in multiplayer aspects..... but just storming the place with this idea.

Last edited:
The REDs definitely keep an eye on the forums, and do post here from time to time. As to this specific thread, I don't think they posted here, and don't have any knowledge of how much it's "under observation."

exactly.... well thanks anyway :) ... I Still very addicted to this game just by looking at gameplay and listen the developers of the game in interviews...just pitty that they putting multiplayer on the corner

CDPR definitely pays attention to these forums.
But with the game, and more importantly specific gameplay details, not yet made public they rarely comment except in very general terms. And that only rarely.

just pitty that they putting multiplayer on the corner
Wasn't even until recently that we found out some team members are working on it. I think most would agree that we'd rather them come out with a more fleshed out single player game first and then work on MP. If they split the team off too much during the single player development, that takes resources and possibly quality away from that. The game should first and foremost be a single player game. MP is just going to be an add on later

Top Bottom