Announcing Cyberpunk 2077 – Afterlife: The Card Game!

+

Dominika

CD PROJEKT RED

We’re excited to announce Cyberpunk 2077 – Afterlife: The Card Game, a standalone physical card game created in collaboration with an international board game publisher CMON!

Cyberpunk 2077 – Afterlife: The Card Game thrusts players into the dark alleyways of Night City, where ruthless gangs clash with corporations in an endless war for money, power, and control.

In the game, you become Fixers — databrokers and masterminds of Night City. Your job is to recruit cyberpunks, equip them with gear, and send them out on missions. Each successful mission raises your Street Cred, with mission survivors becoming Veterans, imparting their knowledge and experience to newer recruits. In this chrome-infused world, Street Cred is the only currency that matters.

And nothing comes cheap in Night City. You need to balance between what you want and what you can actually afford. Using an innovative drafting mechanic and special dashboard, you must decide which cards you want to buy, and which to sacrifice for funds in order to purchase new ones.

Cyberpunk 2077 – Afterlife: The Card Game will be released in 2020.

If it's going to be an LCG (living card game) which it looks like right now you might want to take inspiration from fairly succesful LCGs like Legends of the five rings or Battlecon if you plan on making this more than just a one-off.

I play every card game I can get my hands on so take my money you beautiful bastards

WHAAAA??!! I've been thinking a Gwent-esque 2077 game was coming out, but didn't at all think it would be a physical version.

Awesome! I lub ett.:love:

Annnnnd you all know that if a physical version is happening then a digital Gwent-like game could be somewhere in the future. It would be easier to update as well.

I can only imagine it is physical because it could easily overshadow Gwent if released digitally...
All of these 2077 marketing surprises are amazing...and it's slowly becoming a situation where there is a whole lot of 2077 things to buy. This is just another thing to add to the list! <3<3<3

Can't wait to see all the Art!

That's the # 1 reason I am so excited for it. If it is anything like Gwent, or RED, (which it has to be) then it's going to be absolutely amazing.

Hopefully they let some art out as the year goes by. It's weird they would throw this info about a physical card game out with it's release being so far off. Do they wait for a lull in the hype and then release these little bits of info to keep us drooling?
It's a great marketing strategy, and yes, I will be broke by time it ends...

It's another example of something we didn't see coming. First Keanu, now cards? :love:

What other things do you have up your sleeves, CDPR?

Is it connected to the current lore, plot / subplot, characters in the game? If released before the game it would suck having something spoiled by playing it before playing the video game.
Post automatically merged:

As a fan of tabletop miniature games I can see cyberpunk being adapted to this genre.

Cool Miniatures

Copo leading some mercenaries, nomads with customized vehicles, specfic gangs. militech units, specialized cyberpunk crews

Gameplay

Imagine hacking a street light turning it on or off to affect LOS or opening a door gate affecting cover. Destructable terrain.

Suddenly I need this!
Post automatically merged:

Can't wait to see all the Art!
Are you the same NeonArcade who has a Youtube channel about cyberpunk content? If so, then I am a fan. I have learned so much about the game and the lore. Thank you! and keep doing what you are doing.

Last edited:
Can we create a video game about this card game so that we can play against another player online?

Hope this isn't introduced in the video game. I hated collecting all the cards for Gwent.

"I've got so much street cred they put my name on the signs..."

Is this like Gewnt? Heartsone? Or a tabletop game?

Top Bottom