Exotics in 2077

+

Exotics in 2077

• Total voters
they where in original game so why wouldnt they be in 2077 just be interesting to see how implemented and if was option for player custimization

So I have many ideas for what kind of tech I want in my character, as does everyone, but I'm seriously hoping to see some kind of personal artistic customization that can occur within the player customization.

Like a gecko-ish tongue that can harden quickly into a large spike before shoving it into someones face and then can be used to lick/clean off eyes/blood/ports on the body, or a tail that can be prehensile and bladed at the same time. I don't think something like that will specifically be able to be bought and it is a long shot to hope for something like that, but it would give opportunities to the people who want to get more artistic with their wares if it was somewhere in the game. Especially for people into exotic stuff.:love:

Custom pieces like that could perhaps be "crafted" somehow from an idea in your head. This would allow more uniqueness in tech and cyberware, because we may not see much exotic-like wares in the initial release. For the people who want certain parts, they should be able to add them by somehow crafting them...hopefully some techies will be able to put a personal/artistic spin on tech after giving them an idea of what you want and how you want it to be used. Maybe after bringing them certain parts, some techies, may be able to build you "whatever you want" within the confines of game mechanic limitations.

So I have many ideas for what kind of tech I want in my character, as does everyone, but I'm seriously hoping to see some kind of personal artistic customization that can occur within the player customization.
But you realize this is exactly the reason CDPR is unlikely to include exotics?

Like a gecko-ish tongue that can harden quickly into a large spike before shoving it into someones face and then can be used to lick/clean off eyes/blood/ports on the body, or a tail that can be prehensile and bladed at the same time.
These would both require custom art, and more importantly animations.

there already art for totally cromed out female character as was in trailer and exotics are in lore so there is no reason not to expect atleast some in 2077

Yeah I know, that's why I think it is a long shot. Just mentioning an idea because I don't expect to see too many exotic things in the first release, but I can only hope small additions to characters can help some people pull off animal-like looks.

I would love to get the option to even make V an Exotic in character creation. Though I understand if V is to poor to do that. I would love to see the options to get exotic mods mid and end game. LEtting you to do some amazing things. Like the Dragon Mod could let V fly with Wings. While the Feline one might give V the ability to wall walk and jump around far and fast. So many cool options that can be opened up. Like Bear could give double your strength.

What I see here is a lot of people making the argument that "Cost" would be too much of a barrier to become an Exotic. What I hear is people trying to make the excuse that the cost of developing exotics is to high, well let me ask you this.

How many billions and billions of dollars have these companies made in the real world from us, the gamers? If it's a matter of monetary budget making exotics become a reality in the game, I'm sorry that argument doesn't hold water. The budget IS there for exotics, and using "Well in lore it's just too cost prohibitive." as a scape goat for not making exotics is an even poorer excuse.

Please, dont use lore as an excuse to exclude something that is clearly apart of the lore more than it is not. If it has to come out as a DLC, so be it, but to exclude it entirely cause some people have their pants in a twist? Not ok.
Post automatically merged:

Im Sorry, considering the money they have made, the excuse of "There's not enough in the budget" is sort of a hard pill to swallow.

Last edited:
Im Sorry, considering the money they have made, the excuse of "There's not enough in the budget" is sort of a hard pill to swallow.

Considering they are a publicly traded company that has to explain their budgeting to their shareholders and show a return on that investment.

Unless the answer to the question;
Would Cyberpunk 2077 sell more, if it had exotics in it?
Is "yes," then the use of that money for that purpose, is not something that Iwinski can greenlight.

So unless CDPR can showcase that the cost is very low or that the cost is associated with a corresponding increase of consumer value, thus incentivizing further sales. Then budgeting for exotics is irresponsible leadership.

CDPR is not one of the biggest American tech companies that has the exorbitant privilege of unlimited budgeting. CDPR cannot cast the glamour of growth over profits that fuels Big Tech, but must instead perform within conventional economics.

But if they can, with reasonable budgeting, release a DLC involving exotics - and hopefully Bozos - that does increase consumer value. Then they can justify the budgeting.

Last edited:
Let's see ... double or triple the cost of art (you need skins for the exotics), at least double the cost for animations (digigrade legs require a different skeleton rig and movement animations), and at least double the cost of motion capture (for movement and combat, probably more because you can't MoCap the legs and have to animate those by hand).

All this in return for what, 10 ... maybe 25% of the players even using such characters?

It's NOT "Is there enough budget", it's "Is this cost effective", and the answers is a resounding .... NO!

A Exotic gang would be more interesting than 6th Street for example..
So many other more interesting gangs/groups in the CP2020 that could be used. :(

Let's see ... double or triple the cost of art (you need skins for the exotics), at least double the cost for animations (digigrade legs require a different skeleton rig and movement animations), and at least double the cost of motion capture (for movement and combat, probably more because you can't MoCap the legs and have to animate those by hand).

All this in return for what, 10 ... maybe 25% of the players even using such characters?

It's NOT "Is there enough budget", it's "Is this cost effective", and the answers is a resounding .... NO!

Im sorry, no. That may have been the case 2010, but we're a decade past Skyrim days where that argument held water. Just... NO. Again, this is why it doesnt hold water because the arguments use decade old's information. Again, and again, and again, this isnt an indie studio, this isn't a start up company, this isnt a company that is on it's last legs, and also the fact they are charging the $60 dollar price tag on a digital game that isnt going to have many hard copies sold during a PANDEMIC again is not an excuse.

And also by the voting on this thread, the grand majority are in favor of having these features. So where are you getting your information from?

Yes, I wouldn't augment my character with any exotics but, if it would be cool to see other players\NPCs who are into that kinda thing.

Im sorry, no. That may have been the case 2010, but we're a decade past Skyrim days where that argument held water.
With over 40 of game development, and 20+ years as a programmer I obviously don't have a clue what's involved in creating a video game.

Your assertions concerning the time/cost to add such a feature are based on .... ???

Last edited:
Im sorry, no. That may have been the case 2010, but we're a decade past Skyrim days where that argument held water.

A decade ago, you could get away with far worse animation than today. Stiff animations where normal. Today people expect much smoother animations. The usual method to get those silky smooth animations, is MoCap.

Any alteration to the human bodyplan, would require unique bespoke MoCaps or worse handcrafted animations of equal fidelity.

And that's just the acceptable levels of animation. Like pointed out before, then there are the textures and the corresponding texture maps that you can't directly see, but would notice if they are absent. Human skin in the game is likely just a single texture set, unto which is applied skin colour as a mask. That would include non-standard colours. Tattoos and less drastic cyber-implants are likely just additional layers that can be turned on or off.

An exotic would need - at worst - a completely new set of everything. From the base texture, through potential tattoos and implants to a whole new way to mask the skin colour or equivalent. And while reflective non-standard skin colours do involve a little extra work, in comparison, they require almost none if compared to a heavy exotic mod.

I'm sorry, but art is the largest budgetory item in the development budget of a video game. Especially since we still use work intensive rasterization hacks to display graphics.

Last edited:
y'all might get your exotics in a DLC. Keep demanding it, I guess.

It's too late for release, but never too late for it to show up in multiplayer or dlc.

So, are we done with this?

What I see here is a lot of people making the argument that "Cost" would be too much of a barrier to become an Exotic. What I hear is people trying to make the excuse that the cost of developing exotics is to high, well let me ask you this.

How many billions and billions of dollars have these companies made in the real world from us, the gamers? If it's a matter of monetary budget making exotics become a reality in the game, I'm sorry that argument doesn't hold water. The budget IS there for exotics, and using "Well in lore it's just too cost prohibitive." as a scape goat for not making exotics is an even poorer excuse.

Please, dont use lore as an excuse to exclude something that is clearly apart of the lore more than it is not. If it has to come out as a DLC, so be it, but to exclude it entirely cause some people have their pants in a twist? Not ok.

I mean, I gotta agree that it's silly to not have good things. How CDPR wants to do that if at all is their choice, but yea I wouldn't mind exotics being in the game. It would be cool. I would be much more excited if CDPR released the greatest mod toolkit the world has ever seen, because that would result in many good things.
y'all might get your exotics in a DLC. Keep demanding it, I guess.

It's too late for release, but never too late for it to show up in multiplayer or dlc.

So, are we done with this?
The person holding a container of liquid, such fancy, such class. such meaning. wow. :smart:

With over 40 of game development, and 20+ years as a programmer I obviously don't have a clue what's involved in creating a video game.

Your assertions concerning the time/cost to add such a feature are based on .... ???

Well that's kinda sad because Skyrim moders were able to figure out digitigrade legs on their own spare time with very little assets. If the moding community with a limited to 0 budget can figure it out, then a AAA game company can. Or are you saying that the Game Dev/Distributor structure of game production is a dying art and needs restructuring? Cause with the debackle that was Fallout 76, and many MANY other AAA titles dying on their feet, perhaps this structure is inefficient.

Who wants to play as a khajiit? Argonian? No thanks!

Uh I do, and so do the grand majority of people voting here. Why are you asking this question when the poll on this thread answers it for you?

Well that's kinda sad because Skyrim moders were able to figure out digitigrade legs on their own spare time with very little assets. If the moding community with a limited to 0 budget can figure it out, then a AAA game company can
The modding community includes some HIGHLY skilled artists and programmers. With virtually unlimited time to pursue projects of passion. To compare them to employees working under a time budget (usually set by execs that have little to no clue what's involved) is like saying virtually everyone can drive a car thus anyone can be a Formula One race car driver. The modding community regularly does things AAA companies can (or will) not.

The modding community includes some HIGHLY skilled artists and programmers. With virtually unlimited time to pursue projects of passion. To compare them to employees working under a time budget (usually set by execs that have little to no clue what's involved) is like saying virtually everyone can drive a car thus anyone can be a Formula One race car driver. The modding community regularly does things AAA companies can (or will) not.

Unlimited time... are you kidding me? They work normal jobs ON TOP of doing their passion. Side Projects even. I don't know if you live off of a fat income or parents, but in the real world most these guys have normal jobs. The gaming industry is not kind to these individuals that much is clear, but considering how many times they've pushed the release date back waiting has not been a problem.

Unlimited time... are you kidding me? They work normal jobs ON TOP of doing their passion.
Comparatively speaking, yes.
They may, or may not have RL jobs, that's irrelevant.
What they don't have, 90+% of the time, is someone telling them they have X amount of time to do Y. They can spend as much time as it takes (or they want) to accomplish what they wish.

I don't know if you live off of a fat income or parents, <clip>
I'll ignore such juvenile comments in the future because they're not worth the time it takes to respond.

The gaming industry is not kind to these individuals that much is clear, but considering how many times they've pushed the release date back waiting has not been a problem.
That they do!
Precisely because the devs aren't given enough time to do the job "right", only "good enough".

You really think any professional developer likes fetch/kill/collect quests any more then the average gamer? Yet so many games are little more then a series of such quests. I assure you the developers aren't responsible for that (99% pf the time) it's management.

Top Bottom