Gameplay Stream Announcement

+
You’d get 50 minutes of normal gameplay.
that's not what journalists saw: they saw menu, character creation, progression system, 2 different approaches (stealth+netrunner vs tank solo), vendors, both melee and gunplay, driving... we'll probably see gunplay, driving, stealth and netrunning and that's it. It can't be everything in 1/3 of the time, so they'll cut all the "boring" stuff (and what doesn't work as intended).

that's not what journalists saw: they saw menu, character creation, progression system, 2 different approaches (stealth+netrunner vs tank solo), vendors, both melee and gunplay, driving... we'll probably see gunplay, driving, stealth and netrunning and that's it. It can't be everything in 1/3 of the time, so they'll cut all the "boring" stuff (and what doesn't work as intended).

My impression is merely that they're getting rid of all the story stuff. Which seemed to take up a sizable chunk of the demo. Walking around, sitting down to talk, driving from point A to point B (I'm sure we'll see a brief snippet of the driving), threatening someone and talking, getting "killed" and then talking, going back and then talking, getting into a netrunning pool and talking, entering cyberspace and talking (major "spoilers" there). LOTS and LOTS of talking and walking. Which is great! I love that stuff. But it takes up a lot of time, and I think you're underestimating that.

We will be able to say for certain what was cut when we see it, because we have reviews/write-ups/Yong Yea's ridiculously-good memory to refer to. We will see who is right.

several devs and CMs answer questions, clarify stuff, etc. on the Discord, and on Twitter.

Sadly, they don't interact as much here,

That’s what I was getting at. ”Other” communitues. This place has always seemed to have a drought of dev interaction compared to those ”other” places.

Yes, and I’m sure all the relevant new things (which mostly consist of normal gameplay... really hackibg minigame is normal gameplay, so is watching an animation after a skillcheck, and so is briefly checking up a perk tree) will be fit inside the promised 15 minutes.

There’ll be little to no talking about specifics on skills or stats or anything like that; even if the demo was full 50 minutes.

Really? And yet they did just that with the 2018 E3 demo which they knew was from a very early pre-alpha build of the game. They themselves have stated in several interviews that the current state of the game looks nothing like that demo. So why show it to the public?

Oh, yeah. There was that GoG mishap on Twitter that they were desperate for people to get past. Has everyone forgotten about it already? Jeez, CDPR has some mighty Teflon coating on their wings.

They have build up a lot of hype since the last demo. Especially with the E3 presentation and the "you're breathtaking" moment. They can not afford to loose all the build up hype and there were some huge backlashes because of the 2019 demo, maybe they just want to make sure that it wont happen again. Or they want to cut out some story parts, because it could spoiler something. We do not know why they decided to cut the demo, but they will have a reason to do so.

Why show the 2018 demo? So people can get an idea of what the game looks and feels like and as far as I know they did not even plan to release it to the public. They just changed their mind.

By the way pushing back a game because the publisher feels like it is not quite ready yet, isn't a bad thing. It is better than releasing an unfinished product.

Guest 4211861

OK, see you then.:beer:

There, I set a reminder on my phone. :smart:

Last edited by a moderator:
Because they've been raking in pre-orders since E3 with nothing more than Keanu Reeves' appearance to go on. No actual gameplay footage of any kind and now they'll just be showing a 15-minute edited down version of the 2019 E3 demo.

You have to hand it to them. They've got some industrial-sized balls.

You're forgetting the cinematic trailer before Keanu's entrance...

A trailer that was not even made by CDPR, it's some other company's work under the direction of CDPR.

That trailer made tons of pre orders...

Sooooooo excited to see Miss Hollie B. !!!! She's sorely missed from the PlayStation Access channel :cry:. You guys have hired quite a gem and she's left big shoes to fill at PA but the "newbs" are awesome, and I know working for CDPR is absolutely a dream fulfilled for her, so cheers!:beer:and can't wait to see what CyberPunk 2077 goodness you have in store for us Miss Hollie!!! :ok:

I wonder how many spoilers there were to cut it down from 50-45mins to 15mins!

I agree, the spoiler reason sounds random.

Meh, either they showed a crucial part of the story (and... Wasn't it planned way ahead?) either they agaiiin remade the whole game or something for "reason".

What kind of non-existent spoiler would we have in 1hour from a 50/100hour game as announced? (unless heh... The less-rpg more-action/adventure side made it waaay shorter and smaller in scale)

Just show us a random side quest we wouldn't complain either.

Anyway I find it kinda unfair, mostly that we had 1h in 2018, with lots of stuff that changed, there weren't boycott or riots because of it.

Even smarter, show it, say that some things will be worked over and it'll be even better.
We'll be even more excited.

As is, it feels like you'd steal a christmas present you teased us with for months..

What if the gunplay bugs they have not fixed them yet, and this is why they are tying to hide it ? thus the 15mins short video?

@CDPR, can you confirm you have fixed the bugs with the gunplay?

That’s what I was getting at. ”Other” communitues. This place has always seemed to have a drought of dev interaction compared to those ”other” places.

Yes, and I’m sure all the relevant new things (which mostly consist of normal gameplay... really hackibg minigame is normal gameplay, so is watching an animation after a skillcheck, and so is briefly checking up a perk tree) will be fit inside the promised 15 minutes.

There’ll be little to no talking about specifics on skills or stats or anything like that; even if the demo was full 50 minutes.

Yeah, I get you. Like I said, it's unfortunate, but not unexpected. Long-form communication sort of means more complicated or at least lengthier questions, which often demand lengthier or more complex answers, which is not CDPR's expertise. They like short, to-the-point questions that can be answered quickly. We have to rely on folks like Kinley for the more in-depth stuff.

Meh, either they showed a crucial part of the story (and... Wasn't it planned way ahead?) either they agaiiin remade the whole game or something for "reason".

What kind of non-existent spoiler would we have in 1hour from a 50/100hour game as announced? (unlike heh... The less-rpg more-action/adventure side made it waaay shorter and smaller in scale)

Just show us a random side quest we wouldn't complain either.

Anyway I find it kinda unfair, mostly that we had 1h in 2018, with lots of stuff that changed, there weren't boycott or riots because of it.

Even smarter, show it, say that some things will be worked over and it'll be even better.
We'll be even more excited.

As is, it feels like you'd steal a christmas present you teased us with for months..
Not sure I agree with all of this, but liked because of the bit about the spoiler reason being a bit random. As I said, if that truly is the reason, it's something they should have anticipated months ago, back before or shortly after E3 (probably much before). Though they aren't always active here, they are very aware of what's going on in the community.

So I personally think this was a conscious choice for marketing reasons, to drip-feed gameplay over the course of the next 6-7 (I forget how long it is now) months till release. But of course, they don't want to say that if it is the case, because that makes them look corporate and not gamer-friendly. Even though they already said it in a hidden message, I guess.

The journos and the youtubers who watched the e3 long demo version have told us all about it.

Spoilers?
We know everything already.

CDPR themselves started spoiling the game...

" ...going after a one-of-a-kind implant that is the key to immortality."
Why do I need to know that?

Then, why choose to show such an important main story mission in the first place?

Not sure I agree with all of this, but liked because of the bit about the spoiler reason being a bit random. As I said, if that truly is the reason, it's something they should have anticipated months ago, back before or shortly after E3 (probably much before). Though they aren't always active here, they are very aware of what's going on in the community.

Reminder, always read my post picturing an old grumpy man waving a cane, ranting against kids playing in his yard. Hahaha

And yeah, the 2019 demo didn't falled from the sky, they prepared it, made sure it wont crash in the middle of it. They knew month ahead what they'd show.
Is it another part of their rollercoaster marketing scheme?

Making us not expecting anything, and bam, feeding us a bit more like "less gameplay buuuut... More ads, teaser, fake tv news etc..." (kind of random stuff you'd encounter in game).

I dunno, I just ranted because I like that and there's not much to do now beside waiting for CDPR to tease us with their game.
It's supposedly a mission you do for the voodoo boys, I doubt it's that big of a spoiler content (I mean, 15mn is a cool compact presentation, but 1hour let you feel the game, the design, in 2018 you had bits of V walking in the streets, you felt the rythm of it, the crowd, etc..)

2019 demo is already all over the place on paper, why not showing it to us too?

I'm not saying we deserve it, but, that's like you're with friends, one open a beer, you share it, it's your turn and they're like "nah, don't bother" and they give you the last sip.

Well you had beer but feels like it could've been better.

Oh it has a boss fight?...
You mean, the "shoot on the big red button" combat thing? Yeah maybe.
I guess kicking a bunch of animals gangers high on crack that hang out in a crappy abandonned supermarket isn't the striking point of the story (is it? Lol)

"V we fucked up, everyone turned into a bum, let johnny guide you to the comfier cardboard couch".

Come on, either show us the game, let us feel it, how you fleshed that world, either give us a badass action packed 15mn of impressiveness.

It just feels a bit off, I dunno, we'll all buy that game anyway, we're like teenage girls waiting for their first date...

Oh well....I try not to get hyped too much with this stuff that way I am not so disappointed if things turn out a little different than what I saw.

With the change to the song we see that's clearly not the case for many people so can you really blame them?

Why show the 2018 demo? So people can get an idea of what the game looks and feels like and as far as I know they did not even plan to release it to the public. They just changed their mind.

You gotta be extremely naive to believe that. They HAD to show something in 2018 amidst all the talk about all the pre-production before 2016 being scrapped, Glassdoor reviews from ex-devs about the poor working conditions, poor leadership in the company and some “out there” rumours about the game being in development hell.

This is disappointing to many fans who've waited over two months to see the gameplay demo that was shown at E3. I really hope you guys come around to understand that cutting the footage down to 15 minutes just because of spoilers is pointless. There are hundreds of videos and articles explaining the gameplay demo in detail. If anything at the very least release the 30 minutes that was shown to the public at Gamescom. If you guys were capable of showing 50 minutes of pre-alpha footage, I'm sure you are capable of releasing 50 minutes of footage over a year later.

What kind of non-existent spoiler would we have in 1hour from a 50/100hour game as announced? (unless heh... The less-rpg more-action/adventure side made it waaay shorter and smaller in scale)

I'm thinking that something big happened in the story writing. Of course, fixing bugs and glitches are probably also included in "motives for not showing the demo anymore", but what if maybe the spoiler wasn't "planned"? Like, they cut off content and something that's not that big ended up being major because of that? Maybe they cut some paths of the story and now things that happened in demo became crucial to it. Or maybe they weren't planning to make what is in the demo canon and now it is. There's a lot of possibilities, cause I doubt they'd just realize this is a spoiler now lol.

I'm just rambling here but I'd be interested to know more about it, of course we won't know what this spoiler is until we play the game, but I hope they tell us in the future if that or something similar was indeed the reason.

If this is just random damage control and the reason is bugs, technical criticism etc it's the weirdest excuse ever because I think shifting the plot is a much more complicated problem at this point lol

I'm just rambling here but I'd be interested to know more about it, of course we won't know what this spoiler is until we play the game, but I hope they tell us in the future if that or something similar was indeed the reason.

If this is just random damage control and the reason is bugs, technical criticism etc it's the weirdest excuse ever because I think shifting the plot is a much more complicated problem at this point lol

I think many of us (at least the ones who have read most of the reports from the people who watched the E3 long demo) know what the spoiler is.

Let's not forget that this is something the devs themselves chose to show to hundreds of people whose primary objective is to inform their viewers of what they saw!

To be honest, back in june I wondered...why are they giving away the story like this?!
They could have chosen a side mission to show them instead.

I mean, after all they said that they wanted to focus their demo on gameplay this time.

Top Bottom