FPP/TPP Perspective Thread OPEN. Be NICE.

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
With Cyberpunk and The Outer Worlds, my guess is that the logic went "futuristic, therefore guns, therefore FPP." Plus the latter is clearly in the mold of New Vegas, while the former is at least partially inspired by Deus Ex. Bloodlines 2 devs have called it an immersive sim, so they were probably taking cues from Dishonored. Greedfall, on the other hand, is clearly trying to emulate the Bioware experience circa 2010, so third person makes sense for them.

Incidentally, it's too bad that TOW is a 2020 release for me. I would have considered it for an end of the year purchase otherwise, despite a disappointing history with Obsidian. No room for Baldur's Gate 3 on your list? I didn't care for the originals and wish there was more information out about it, but I loved the D:OS games and I'm intrigued to see what Larian does with 5th edition rules.

It seems paradoxical that in the AAA scene third or first person is essential for RPGs, but MOBA's are still ridiculously popular. Maybe the average gamer prefers story-driven releases to be as movie-like as possible.
Baldur's Gate 3 is certainly on my list, but I consider it a CRPG in the vein of BG 1 and 2, or Divinity OS2, or Pillars of Eternity. So I didn't include it here; these are mostly the "AAA" style RPGs that have managed to catch my interest. There are TONS of CRPG-style games that I've not mentioned, including that hardboiled cop one that keeps changing its name (but was once no x for the furies or something).

You make a good point about each devs' likely reasoning, though. It seems like it's a case of "this is what's worked in the past, makes sense to do it here." And I'm not saying it's the wrong choice, its' just interesting that so many of these bigger games are going that route.

I need to ability to play in which ever one you want. TPP or FPP. Thats why I play Bethesda games they let you go in and out. I feel like this if you can add FPP to games, TPP should also be added. Especially for those who get motion sickness easy. I have a friend who cant play FPP shooters because of it. I want thr option to play in TPP if not im not buying it.
Post automatically merged:

For those people who complain FPP for impossibility to see your character i have 2 confirmed opportunities.
  1. Photomode which was confirmed by CDPR
  2. According to the demo you will be able to see your character every time you open your inventory.
View attachment 10984258

My problem with game devs is they will put FPP in a TPP game, but wont allow TPP in a FPP game. So unless something happens by April I am going to miss this title too. Bethesda treats there fans to that treat. Surprised that CD Project Red went this route.
Post automatically merged:

Only 3 out of 4 games and Bloodlines 2 have mod support from day one so TPP mod will come realy fast.

Adding body in FPP is not bad, but it does not add any thing to game really, you won't look down a lot to see your body, for example my friend like that CP2077 is FPP but he don't see why they adding body it serve nothing and add nothing to the game.
Whats the purpose of customizing a character you cant see? Destiny was the same way. GTA 5 too. Why dress a character up and you cant even see em. All you see are arms or guns lol. Naw TPP or bust

Last edited:
I'd preferred FPP games able to also use TPP (like Fallout 4) until I played TW3. For now, I hope there's a way to see the customized character whenever I'd like to, (e.g through the reflection by a mirror, or while in dialogue)

I need to ability to play in which ever one you want. TPP or FPP.

Same for me that would be best give people option to pick TPP or FPP, i also lost a lot of interest in CP2077 when i found out it is FPP only game, granted i can play FPP games i still do from time to time, but TPP is more fun more immersive more alive for me and i am sure for many other out there.

Besides anyones preference I think games should be either or and don't have both.

As Bethesda games were mentioned, the combat in those and especially in TPP is really bad compared to titles with only FPP/TPP.

I'm pretty sure CDPR tested and played around with both ideas but ultimately settled with one option and now tries to nail that.

I really hope that for all the choombas who can't play FPP or hate it a really good TPP mod comes around but my guess is that it will be very very clunky in combat, but who knows it might turn out ok.

Many game did great shooter combat in TPP, melee is almost always much better in TPP, we give plenty examples of games with shooters and melee mechanics in TPP, if Bethesda made half workable TPP i am sure CDPR would do much better.

All that talk how FPP is here for verticality is also nonsense, what that verticality mean? we won't climbe on outside of buildings, we even not going to enter in 80-90% skyscrepers.

Hell give me TPP option for melee build only, and i will happly play CP2077 that way.

Many game did great shooter combat in TPP, melee is almost always much better in TPP, we give plenty examples of games with shooters and melee mechanics in TPP, if Bethesda made half workable TPP i am sure CDPR would do much better.

All that talk how FPP is here for verticality is also nonsense, what that verticality mean? we won't climbe on outside of buildings, we even not going to enter in 80-90% skyscrepers.

Hell give me TPP option for melee build only, and i will happly play CP2077 that way.
I never questioned melee and TPP or that there are great TPP shooting games. Read my post again. :)

The verticallity argument is not nonsense. You can't look straight up with TPP.

I never questioned melee and TPP or that there are great TPP shooting games. Read my post again. :)

The verticallity argument is not nonsense. You can't look straight up with TPP.

I just say how games did good job in TPP for both shooter and melee, and how if Bethesda can do some half done work CDRP can probably do much better.

What's the point of look straight up????? to see tip of building who is 100+m above you, nice they throw away TPP just for that.

I don't have nothing against you, like i always say all who like FPP good for you, but different people have different preferences.

I just say how games did good job in TPP for both shooter and melee, and how if Bethesda can do some half done work CDRP can probably do much better.

What's the point of look straight up????? to see tip of building who is 100+m above you, nice they throw away TPP just for that.

I don't have nothing against you, like i always say all who like FPP good for you, but different people have different preferences.
For all we know CDPR tried it and didn't get a satisfying outcome and they didn't want to compromise so they settled with FPP and build the whole city with FPP in mind.

Well honestly, for all we know maybe CDPR always wanted game to be more FPS, that are just our guess.

Developers who did The Evil Within 2 made it with TPP in mind but they later add FPP for people who wanted, CDPR can do the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom