Iron Judgment — newest GWENT Expansion Arriving on October 2

+

Gyg

Forum regular
Yeah. The added excellent Novigradian Justice, good Cleaver's Muscle nad very niche Gord. Apart from Justice, recent patches had more impact on Dwarf decks.

Yeah. The added excellent Novigradian Justice, good Cleaver's Muscle nad very niche Gord. Apart from Justice, recent patches had more impact on Dwarf decks.

Muscle is really only impactful with justice. Gord is not good in a dwarf deck.

It's kind of funny that with Homecoming CDP Red decided to cut out a ton of mechanics, only to put them back in through expansions and updates (Shield, Crew, Bonded(?)). And now Armour comes back in. Kinda makes you think. Radovid and Redania's arrival is long overdue, but at least they're also bringing in some TW(1) stuff with Salamandra.

It's kind of funny that with Homecoming CDP Red decided to cut out a ton of mechanics, only to put them back in through expansions and updates (Shield, Crew, Bonded(?)). And now Armour comes back in. Kinda makes you think. Radovid and Redania's arrival is long overdue, but at least they're also bringing in some TW(1) stuff with Salamandra.

Looking forward to the reintroduction of Quen.....

I kind of feel like the spiel they gave us on why they did homecoming was just PR speak. It must have been decided just to serve the mobile release. It doesn't make sense to say that the game needed a revamp when the revamp itself just put the game into a worse state and we had to wait until now to get everything back.

That is perfectly reasonable and makes much more sense than having everything of it from the start. This way they can make the mechanics actually matter, be meaningfull and have synergies. If they just threw all the mechanics into homecoming, it would have been a complete mess.

And I really like that from what we have seen so far, armour will make sense as a mechanic now, compared to Beta.

Looking forward to the reintroduction of Quen.....

Isn't Shield basically Quen?

That is perfectly reasonable and makes much more sense than having everything of it from the start. This way they can make the mechanics actually matter, be meaningfull and have synergies. If they just threw all the mechanics into homecoming, it would have been a complete mess.

And I really like that from what we have seen so far, armour will make sense as a mechanic now, compared to Beta.

That would depend on how many cards there were available compared to when HC was launched. If the cardpool was significantly reduced in size when HC come out then I'd agree with you. Otherwise more mechanics would've created more possibilites for deck types. Not that I'm of the opinion that every keyword demands a deck of its own. In beta I used to have this nice counter to weather with the Redanian Knights/Cavalry that would boost itself when its Armour was removed. That didn't mean that I build my entire deck around it.

Whats funny is they didn't even add much to dwarves then.

I meant the art. The last expansion added three ST cards, all depicting dwarves and there is a dwarf berserker showcasing the upcoming one. Given that armor seems to play a big role, I am not enjoying the prospect of a bunch of dwarves as ST again as the only artistic option. I am more of a dryad guy.

Since the new Gwent trailer "Iron Judgment" launched there were changes on the Witcher storyline, especially within Wiki page.

"In the end, Radovid managed to defeat the invading Nilfgaardian forces, winning the Third Northern War. With this victory, Radovid restored the old borders but attempted also at uniting most of the Northern Realms creating a powerful union with him in control as the "Protector of the North".This seemingly involved further fights, during which his soldiers faced the Aedirnian and dwarven armies."
═══════════════════
End of game canon content.
═══════════════════
"Having no love for mages and elves due to the circumstances of his father's death, Radovid allowed for the witch hunts to continue in the North for four more years until 1276. He seemingly lived up to an elderly age and was remembered in the history as Radovid the Stern."

"Despite it no longer being canon to the game continuity, there's a possibility for Radovid to be killed in The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt"

-source: https://witcher.fandom.com/wiki/Radovid_V

Since the new Gwent trailer "Iron Judgment" launched there were changes on the Witcher storyline, especially within Wiki page.
[...]
"Despite it no longer being canon to the game continuity, there's a possibility for Radovid to be killed in The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt"

-source: https://witcher.fandom.com/wiki/Radovid_V
I mean Azar Javed is also in the expansion and that one is gutted by Geralt, so I am curious for further justification (given that I cannot extract that from the trailer).
Apart from that I would have no problems if that were to be canon, Radovid is at the very least better than Emhyr and the Witch Hunt is the lesser evil to Nilfgaard enslaving the entire North, but I am getting of topic.

On a more general note, those new armor cards apear to actually be designed rather well, being lower impact engines that translate their armor into further points, in case they are answered.

Effectively they are less hit or miss as conventional engines.

Since the new Gwent trailer "Iron Judgment" launched there were changes on the Witcher storyline, especially within Wiki page...

Is there any official confirmation on this beside a Wiki page and the trailer? I mean, like InkognitoXI said, we also see Azar Javed in it, who can't possibly have survived, and there's no dialogue in the trailer that implies Radovid survived TW3.

Is there any official confirmation on this beside a Wiki page and the trailer? I mean, like InkognitoXI said, we also see Azar Javed in it, who can't possibly have survived, and there's no dialogue in the trailer that implies Radovid survived TW3.

Gwent already has leaders who are dead according to the games (and some according to the books too).

Gwent already has leaders who are dead according to the games (and some according to the books too).
Exactly. I think people are reading too much into it if they think Gwent is setting some sort of CDP Red Witcher universe canon.

Exactly. I think people are reading too much into it if they think Gwent is setting some sort of CDP Red Witcher universe canon.
It could if it would be stated like that (e.g. if Radovid has a story node stating he wins the war it would be canon).
However simply appearing in a trailer, without any context, means nothing in that regard.
Him appearing as a leader means nothing when leaders like Eredin, Demavend, Foltest, Ardal, Crach, Henselt, Eldain, Bran, Gernichora etc are dead already (with others potentially being dead based on decisions like the one concerning Detlaff and Radovid).
(With the ones above being confirmed in the games).

I really don't know. I don't even know who put that info on Wiki in first hand..
My opinion on this matter is that this just seems to be "What if". What if Radovid won? Then this would have happened.
But besides that, Radovid winning seems to be more in line with books story.

I would like to write here a propose for incoming Arachas Queen Drones change, actually the idea is from reddit. It's simple solution, by the way taken from MTG: let's make Drones with different card arts. Drones from Arachas with current Arachas Drone card art, and Drones from Endrega with the same tag and name, but different art - and that's it. We can have token card with couple different arts I think, because why not?

... let's make Drones with different card arts. Drones from Arachas with current Arachas Drone card art, and Drones from Endrega with the same tag and name, but different art...
And you will be the one that will draw them for free? Come on...

I like introducing of new old mechanics, but have problem that we still have tons of unplayable cards. Thus said - I would prefer the team focuses more on balancing stuff than releasing expansion every other month, that will brake the game even further.

I'll dig into this article, if not today, tomorrow, to clean up some stuff. Canon-wise though it would be either Dijkstra or Radovid who wins (NR are still independent next century)

E: done

Last edited:
And you will be the one that will draw them for free? Come on...

I like introducing of new old mechanics, but have problem that we still have tons of unplayable cards. Thus said - I would prefer the team focuses more on balancing stuff than releasing expansion every other month, that will brake the game even further.

I think team responsible for card arts is not the same as team responsible for gameplay, so your argument is invalid [ . . . ]. And the thing in my post is about exactly 1 card art.

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom