PBEM Campaign - Suhiira - The Game Itself

+

PBEM Campaign - Suhiira - The Game Itself

• Votes: 2 28.6%
  • Votes: 3 42.9%
  • Votes: 2 28.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
jerome sighs and gives a court nod, he carefully lays the bag with splosives and takes out a single detonator, then looks at the splovies while tugging on his left earlobe trying to determine how much of it he should use to breach to the lower room and still have enough to complete the job ((is shaping the charge so that the force of the explosion will be direct downwards a thing or just a hollywood shtik?))

((is shaping the charge so that the force of the explosion will be direct downwards a thing or just a hollywood shtik?))
(( Nope, totally true, BUT it requires VERY precise measurements in terms of the diameter and depth of the cone the explosives are shaped around, and that's WAY beyond your skill level. Best you can do is "tamp" the explosives by putting something heavy on top of them to direct more of the force downwards else all you get is an explosion atop the floor and all the energy goes up and sideways rather then down into the floor. It's never as easy as Hollywood makes it seem is it? ))

(( Nope, totally true, BUT it requires VERY precise measurements in terms of the diameter and depth of the cone the explosives are shaped around, and that's WAY beyond your skill level. Best you can do is "tamp" the explosives by putting something heavy on top of them to direct more of the force downwards else all you get is an explosion atop the floor and all the energy goes up and sideways rather then down into the floor. It's never as easy as Hollywood makes it seem is it? ))

((having some knowledge in explosives would jerome be privy to that information? [trying to separate meta knowledge]))

((having some knowledge in explosives would jerome be privy to that information? [trying to separate meta knowledge]))
(( ANYTHING I tell you here is something Jerome knows. I'm intentionally leaving out some "minor details" he doesn't. While I'm certainly no RL expert at the stuff I know the basics and have blown a few things up. ))

(( I'd STRONGLY suggest leaving the room entirely. Just stepping out into the hall would be enough. ))

"Lets step outside for the boom. Hopefully the door is sturdy enough to contain it. Once the blast goes, we'll need to be quick. Someone should stay up here to keep watch while the others enter to assess the contents. Clearly Shed needs to go to set up the bombs. Hernando, can you get some shopping done, and help in the safe, or can you stand watch here?"

While talking, talon presses a small switch at his belt to pop out the spikes on his boots and tries to tear out a section of tiling on the floor to expose the concrete beneath. He doubts the tiling would do much to impede the explosives, but every extra chance for success is worth it.

(( Using Talons climbing spikes to damage/weaken the concrete would go a long way toward allowing a hole to be blown in the floor. Of course it means ruining the spikes ... ))

Talon looks down at the torn up section of tiling and wonders aloud, "Hey Shed, You think getting some initial damage into the floor here will help you out?"

Talon doesn't want to damage his spikes if he can avoid it, but if shopping is as profitable as he hopes, then its a sacrifice he'll make to assist the ops success.

shed will explain to talon (what su said), but will add while it could help its up to him since its not certain they'll be able to come out with a worth while haul "to be in the green" regarding damages.

shed will start setting up and mention that they'll probably want to be outside of the room with maybe abit more "room"
just to be on the safe side. ((what am i rolling to set up the explosives and to figure out how much of it to use?))

(( Have to wait and see if Talon uses his spikes to weaken the floor before I know what the target number for the roll is. ))

"Got it, Shed. I'll give it a go. If my claws can make this easier on ya then lets do it. Just make sure you get us through the rest of the way. Where do ya want the hole?"

Talon takes a couple moments trying to make a dent in the floor and weaken the structure around a point that Shed points out to him, without regard for damaging his spikes. Once he's done what he can, Talon takes a minute to detach the spikes from his boots while Shed sets up the explosives and he discards the broken scraps into a corner.

shed watches talon go to work and picks up the spikes into 1 of his bags after explaining he dosent want leave anything that could be traced to them behind ((will he be able to repair talon's climbing spikes?)), he would also suggest to hernando to not leave the ropes in the room for the explosion.

shed will also look around the room for anything that he can put over the explosives to help direct the explosion to the desired direction and will ask the talon and hernando to look for heavy enough items that will help do the job.

((will he be able to repair talon's climbing spikes?))
(( Possible, but probably MUCH easier to just buy a new set. ))

Hernando will look (maybe something outside?)
Hernando finds an old mattress in the corner, it'll help (( won't muffle the explosion tho )) and you can pile heavy stuff atop it. As to heavy stuff ... a couple cartons of liquid cleaning solution, maybe the AutoVacc? The furniture in the stairwell lobby would help ...

Last edited:
shed looks at hernando and the mattress "will have to", he will then explain that after he sets up the explosives they will put the mattress on top the autovacc on the mattress and some of the cartons on the sides and that will hopefully help do the job.

he will ponder aloud if the usage of furniture wont make too much of a mess for them to go in and possibly out?... while fiddling with the explosives((what am i rolling?))

(( Mattress on the bottom, heavy stuff on top of it to hold it in place that extra fraction of a second to keep the explosion directed at the floor rather then the rest of the room. With explosions that fraction of a second really matters. As to the furniture, the more mass atop the mattress the better. Ummm ... you're going to have an explosion, the furniture will be basically kindling so shouldn't be much of an issue. You'll probably have to deal with a room full of smoke tho, so have your flashlights handy. [Tech+Demolitions+Jury Rig+As much LUCK as you want {or have left}} target number = the higher the better. ))

Top Bottom