THE WITCHER 3 SWITCH , MAKE THE GAME LOOK BETTER (WITH MORE SETTINGS).

+
Also created an account just to bump this thread.
I saw the game run and decided not to buy it myself until these settings are made available.

I confess i am bit surprised by the lack of an official reply from CDPR towards this "Disable AA Option" topic. They surely know about the mods of the game running on switch for disabling AA, and they surely know that this thread continues to grow with more people stating that they would like this setting to be added.

Honestly i am putting my hopes in having an official answer until end of November, otherwise i would say we will have to endure a slightly blurry Switcher.

I confess i am bit surprised by the lack of an official reply from CDPR towards this "Disable AA Option" topic. They surely know about the mods of the game running on switch for disabling AA, and they surely know that this thread continues to grow with more people stating that they would like this setting to be added.

Honestly i am putting my hopes in having an official answer until end of November, otherwise i would say we will have to endure a slightly blurry Switcher.
I agree, is an awesome game, and this feature will only add to the experience.

Yeah, i mean in handheldmode it's fine with the AA, but on the tv it messes up the upscaling. If there where no AA my tv could handle the upscaling very well and it would look way better in 4K. With sharpening even more. - That's all regarding docked play, in handheldmode the game looks great as it is.

Guys, I don't think you understand what's going on. I have the inside scoop. Nintendo fronted a decent portion of cartridge costs with an agreement. CD RED has purposely enabled some features to purposely make the game look WORSE. Why would they do this? Nintendo is going to use this game as a show piece for the power difference on old software running on the "Pro Switch". So they'll disable the over aggressive blur, increase framerate, and increase max resolution to 1080p. Those items in combination will make the PRO Switch a must own device. If they disabled the FSAA and enabled sharpening it wouldn't be as dramatic as a jump in graphics prowess.

Guys, I don't think you understand what's going on. I have the inside scoop. Nintendo fronted a decent portion of cartridge costs with an agreement. CD RED has purposely enabled some features to purposely make the game look WORSE. Why would they do this? Nintendo is going to use this game as a show piece for the power difference on old software running on the "Pro Switch". So they'll disable the over aggressive blur, increase framerate, and increase max resolution to 1080p. Those items in combination will make the PRO Switch a must own device. If they disabled the FSAA and enabled sharpening it wouldn't be as dramatic as a jump in graphics prowess.

If this is true, it's a shame

I don't know where did you get this info Justin, but if it is true, it does not shock me completely. Although i understand it from a business perspective, i still think it is shameful to downgrade visual performance so that you can show that a future product will have a better graphical output for the same game.

Could you share with the forum where did you get this info?

Guest 4374956

If this is true, it's a shame

Let me preface this by saying that I can't imagine CDPR being this scummy. Their track record doesn't lead me to believe that they would act in this anti-customer way. But if this happened to be true it wouldn't just be a shame. It'd be really disgusting. Selling an inferior product which for some people even induces motion sickness just to make profits would be on the same level of EA's voraciousness.
But again, as of now this is just a rumor based on one person who hasn't stated his sources yet.
Still, it's really suspicious how no official has even acknowledged this issue yet.

It's complete trash conspiracy theory. I was just trying to poke the bear and see if we could get a CD RedProject response. I mean... my uncle's cousin's nephew works for Nintendo....

As far as the switch pro is concerned - If Nintendo doesn't do something to stay 3rd party AAA viable by Christmas of 2020, they will be looking at wii/wiiU all over again. Nintendo is a great 1st party publisher, but I need a portable version of Call of Duty, Battle Field, or Final Fantasy. If nextgen focuses on 4k/60fps gaming, a 2020 mobile chipset should be able to provide a non-watered down version of next gen running 720/1080p portable and 1080/1440 docked. Existing titles should be able to push 4k. I'm thinking they might be able to pull PS4 pro levels of performance docked which should be just enough.

Last edited:
It's complete trash conspiracy theory. I was just trying to poke the bear and see if we could get a CD RedProject response. I mean... my uncle's cousin's nephew works for Nintendo....

As far as the switch pro is concerned - If Nintendo doesn't do something to stay 3rd party AAA viable by Christmas of 2020, they will be looking at wii/wiiU all over again. Nintendo is a great 1st party publisher, but I need a portable version of Call of Duty, Battle Field, or Final Fantasy. If nextgen focuses on 4k/60fps gaming, a 2020 mobile chipset should be able to provide a non-watered down version of next gen running 720/1080p portable and 1080/1440 docked. Existing titles should be able to push 4k. I'm thinking they might be able to pull PS4 pro levels of performance docked which should be just enough.
CD Project Red will certainly not be triggered by such blatant accusations... 😅 The only way they would react is by ignoring this thread even more xP
Also, while i wish there would be a really powerful switch pro, it certainly won't come out before fall 2020/ mid 2021... And be based on a evolution of the tegra x1 they currently use for backwards compatibility reasons and because they have a 10year deal with nvidia.
Also the Switch does not need more power to match ps5 & xbox Scarlett. The Switch is way more expensive than a ps4 & xbox one, has less power and still outsells them because of it's features & exclusives - not for it's multiplats. The ps5 & xbox Scarlett will probably be a lot more expensive than the Switch and still only propose more power then it. so the current situation remains the same, except the Switch will then be the most affordable of the 3.

Top Bottom