Monsters' Natural Selection card frequently spawns 1 drone too many (!)

+
Although the special card Natural Selection's description reads "Damage an enemy unit by 4, then spawn an Arachas Drone in a randow row for each excess point of damage dealt", I have on numerous occasions witnessed the card kill one of my 4-power units, then spawn in an extra drone. Perhaps the extra drone spawn is caused by a deathblow? I'm making a thread about this now because I recently lost a ranked round by 1 point because of this bug.

Although the special card Natural Selection's description reads "Damage an enemy unit by 4, then spawn an Arachas Drone in a randow row for each excess point of damage dealt", I have on numerous occasions witnessed the card kill one of my 4-power units, then spawn in an extra drone. Perhaps the extra drone spawn is caused by a deathblow? I'm making a thread about this now because I recently lost a ranked round by 1 point because of this bug.

Not a bug. Look at the leader your opponent is using. Then look at the type of card natural selection is.

Organic cards spawn an extra drone with that leader.

What happens if it kills a 2 power unit with 2 armour?

The NR? leader ability that is damage a unit by 7?, and if there is excess damage, apply bleeding to the adjacent units for that many turns is one I noticed issues with when using in arena. If I used it on a 5 power unit with 3 armour, it'd correctly leave the unit on 1 power. But if I used it to kill a unit with 7 or less combined power + armour, then it'd ignore the armour when calculating excess damage. e.g. use it on a unit with 2 power, 3 armour, and the adjacent units would be bleeding for 5 turns, rather than 2.

What happens if it kills a 2 power unit with 2 armour?

The NR? leader ability that is damage a unit by 7?, and if there is excess damage, apply bleeding to the adjacent units for that many turns is one I noticed issues with when using in arena. If I used it on a 5 power unit with 3 armour, it'd correctly leave the unit on 1 power. But if I used it to kill a unit with 7 or less combined power + armour, then it'd ignore the armour when calculating excess damage. e.g. use it on a unit with 2 power, 3 armour, and the adjacent units would be bleeding for 5 turns, rather than 2.
Clarification: NR leader - namely Adda - deals 8 damage and then applies bleeding to adjecent units by the amount of excess damage. The only leader that deals 7 damage is Syndicates Whoreson Junior; but returning to the topic - I did notice that Whoreson somehow gives money when he should not, i. e. when there is a unit with power 3, armour 3 he should be giving you 1 coin; instead he gives 4. Since I didn't play Adda for a long time I can't confirm it but there were threads in which players declared Adda has the same issue with armoured units as Whoreson Junior.

Haven't tried it with the syndicate leader, but it was happening consistently with the NR leader. So I'm curious what happens if you use natural selection on something like a scarab or endrega larva with 1 power, 2 armor. Does it spawn 1 drone for the excess damage, or 3?

Haven't tried it with the syndicate leader, but it was happening consistently with the NR leader. So I'm curious what happens if you use natural selection on something like a scarab or endrega larva with 1 power, 2 armor. Does it spawn 1 drone for the excess damage, or 3?
Funny thing is that natural selection - unlike Adda and Whoreson Junior - works as it should - if your leader is not an Arachas Queen it will spawn 1 drone when used against endrega larva and scarabs. Although there IS probability that natural selection is in the wrong side of coding and not leaders; however we will only know that for certain when developers release a patch that hopefully fixes these misleading situations.

Top Bottom