[UPDATE] Important announcement about the future of GWENT on consoles

+
This is the biggest punch in the face ever.
I wonder, is it possible to get all the invested money back???
Gotta read all the manuals, licence terms etc.
Never, never, never will I buy their next anything.

Hell that's what is gonna happen to the whole game anyway if they treat their customers like that.
THEY BLIND GREEDY FOOOOOOOLS.
Yeah I helped back this game in CB its a shame I'm being completely cutoff... I wouldn't expect this from Cdpr but what can you do.

Pff, all this "not possible" messaging about merging accounts. Transfer the console account to a new GOG account. "Since they have complete control over GOG" as mentioned above, CDPR can then merge the new GOG account with the existing GOG account. Anything is possible if people really want it and put effort in it.

Over 2000 hours in Gwent and recently pro rank and now they decide to kick me in the balls. I play games laying on my couch in front of my big screen not huddled over a keyboard staring into a small monitor.

I guess I it's not too surprising considering how 2nd class console has been treated. Anyone else remember the 6 months when Hawker Healer broke the game.... no? oh that was just a console bug

Raunbjorn

Ironically I bought a PS4 for Gwent back then (and Bloodborne to be fair) but I'm not gonna buy a PC for playing Gwent. This is GG for me. Haven't played the game much since HC so i don't mind too much though i'm still pissed for all my console bros out there. I always knew there wasn't going to be a PS5 Gwent since they were so hesitant to give any info on the longevity of console accounts but this still sucks big time. They should definitely give some compensations for console players in some way but that's never going to happen, obviously.

Ironically I bought a PS4 for Gwent back then (and Bloodborne to be fair) but I'm not gonna buy a PC for playing Gwent.

FYI, you can also play the game on mobile. The transfer to GOG works for both the PC and mobile.

So I already have account on my iPad, can I somehow play it on iPad or am I only capable of playing on PC since I don't think I can make multiple accounts for iPad.

PC won't be supported within 6 months. iOS only, and all hands to the Cyberpunk deck.

Gwent - RIP.

If ur gonna leave consoles with an older version of the game, can you make it the beta version? I would still be playing If the current game was anything like the one we tested...
Oh yes bring back beta gwent for consoles, atleast give us that

If ur gonna leave consoles with an older version of the game, can you make it the beta version? I would still be playing If the current game was anything like the one we tested...
Oh yes bring back beta gwent for consoles, atleast give us that

Beta is not one version, there have been many iterations and there hasn't been a consensus as to which version was the best. So, hypothetically, even when beta is brought back, some players are still going to be upset for missing out on "their" version/vision. Furthermore, you are going to split up the community and put in extra work to support two versions. Players are sentimental, but bringing beta back is definitely not the answer.

I feel cheated, you could return the money invested in extensions, since you did not value the platform

It's understandable that some players are upset. However, you can still play the game on both the PC and mobile. Regardless, you've agreed to the terms of use, which state that CDPR reserves the right to shut down the game at any moment without an option for refunds. It may be unfair. But that's the way it is.

Beta is not one version, there have been many iterations and there hasn't been a consensus as to which version was the best. So, hypothetically, even when beta is brought back, some players are still going to be upset for missing out on "their" version/vision. Furthermore, you are going to split up the community and put in extra work to support two versions. Players are sentimental, but bringing beta back is definitely not the answer.
Yeah, I know. I was *mostly* kidding. Just miss the old version(s). I know there's no chance they would actually do that.

It would be cool in theory though. And I wouldn't be shocking if those versions got a huge influx of users.

Yes! I would actually switch to console for beta gwent.

Back to topic.

6 days is a very short time to move a section of your player base you have systematically shorted and then eliminated.

Why are there no incentives mentioned or offered to entice the console player base to rearrange their gaming habits and continue playing?

What is not getting transferred over... i.e. is only the progress I made up to Dec 08th getting transferred?

Along the same path, what is going away? Daily Rewards? Will the entire seasonal mode go away along with Arena?

Finally, am I only going to be stuck with just the PS4 user base? Or are all consoles grouped together?

Is there going to be queuing based on rank, or is pro rank eliminated and all console users just queuing against each other in a level-less endless casual mode?

Raunbjorn

That would be so cool. It's probably never going to happen but I would pay big money to play beta whereas I'm not gonna spend a dime on HC Gwent.
Post automatically merged:

Yeah, I know. I was *mostly* kidding. Just miss the old version(s). I know there's no chance they would actually do that.

It would be cool in theory though. And I wouldn't be shocking if those versions got a huge influx of users.
It would be pretty ironic if they ended up giving console players a beta version of Gwent as "compensation". Pretty sure the console sales would rise a tiny bit then. :p

And why do console players have to wait until 3 days after the update is out to even consider transferring our files to GOG?

The dead horse I am beating, is for console reparations.... I don't care how many Roaches have to die before we get some.

So all the work and effort I put in on Console is going to get fucked??? All that time and grinding, all those cards, Im not even going to get card scrap for any of it and have t pick which account to keep? ... at least give me some scrap to make all these cards im going to lose

Top Bottom