[UPDATE] Important announcement about the future of GWENT on consoles

+
This could've been handled much better. If you're going to have console players wait for up to 14 days, surely this could've been done last season so we could've started playing as soon as the new expansion drops?

This, exactly this. They waited until the last possible moment.

And now I see there is mixed messaging around overwriting accounts.

So, it seems here we are at Midwinter again for console players. Fun times again. In addition to releasing the new expansion, thank you for the 14 day wait and removing Arena without notice...classy.

So again, seems like a good time to once again lobby for some kind of console reparations since unless some of us are really lucky, we are not making the 3 day window for changed cards and even the 1 week for the free keg seems iffy...and those are just this week's bonuses.

Some reparation suggestions,

1) A 3 day full mill period when you transfer your account to GOG
2) A free Welcome Back Console Kit or access to the starter kit again
3) A store coupon for purchases
4) An apology...it occurred to me that throughout all of the announcements, there was never an actual apology to the console players. Regretful tones, yes, but an actual apology, no. Please correct me if I am wrong.

On another note, If you are a console player on this forum, many of us (or at least I) would like to know how the transfer took, so if you could post your Date Transfer Submitted (DTS) and Date Transfer Completed (DTC) here it would be appreciated.

P.S. @Marc_93 what you see left is what we have, so you should probably just invest in transmuting cards.

Ho-hum. I'm pretty resigned to waiting patiently for the Android release. I can spend the time wondering what other content I'll be missing out on.

It's enough to drive me back to Hearthstone... :(

I ve made account transfer request this afternoon...made a fresh gog account.
Was prompted that this is one time process , and that they will send an e mail after it is done.
No check if gog account is viable or that the my support id is correct..
What hapens if either of the two is not viable ,or misspelled?

Guest 4286501

Can us PS4 users at least get full mill on our Premium cards for a couple days after joining the PC community? Or am I going to have to transmute 18K meteorite powder on PS4 only to get a fraction of it back milling on PC?

I save it for cool new ornaments. Theres not enough ornaments to buy on PS4 right now.

Thanks

Jake

Perhaps ending console support had to be done for commercial reasons. But to then rub salt in the wound by dropping an expansion, whilst console players are struggling to migrate, is really scummy behavior.

CDPR could easily have dropped the expansion a few days later, to give console players a chance to join in.

Hey guys, PS4 refugee here.

Turns out the account-transfer is trickier than expected. I need to create a new GOG-account, but apparently I can’t use the same e-mail adress. Do I really need another e-mail to create a new account? Do I have to delete this account? Not sure about this stuff.

Thanks for hearing me out.

Finished backtracking for Thronebreaker chests and submitted request at 11:20 CST in North America.

Thanks to the few people on ps4 who were playing "pro rank" tonight... or whatever we have left. Looks like people are playing what they genuinely like, self included.

My Shupe Pirate ships versus Nilfguard Witcher deck was especially fun descent into terribleness.

Hi. Have a question ... I have 2 GOG accounts , on 1 i have played and have progress and understand that it is not compatible for "transfer" but on the second 1 i have 5 cards from each faction (and 6 from syndicate) is it eligible or i need another one?

Any News about the Site, that should open on the 9th? Or is it delayed because of The Expansion? Not so cool to See the Launch of a very cool Expansion and not be able to open Kegs :(

Hi. Have a question ... I have 2 GOG accounts , on 1 i have played and have progress and understand that it is not compatible for "transfer" but on the second 1 i have 5 cards from each faction (and 6 from syndicate) is it eligible or i need another one?
Even just having launched the game counts as progress, so neither of your accounts is eligible.
They are looking into overwriting existing accounts, but whether it will be possible is unknown at this point.

Hey there!

Just one question regarding the account copying from PS4 to PC:

"The process will be performed within a 14-day window from the date you requested to copy your account. During this time, keep your console account in the same state you would like it to be copied, as the copying process won't take place at point of request. " - does this mean, I shouldn't play any ranked games on PS4 or buy new cards, while the copying process is on?

Thanks for the answers in advance!

When it states partial progress in prestige, mosaic ranks etc. Im assuming as im currently at 5 prestige rank 52, this will remain in the case of the transfer as its the actual 'exp' - 2,200/2,400 you lose between levels.

Also please give necessary feedback that the timing between the expansion and console data transfers ridiculous , both Sony and Microsoft have said they were willing to work on things if demand was there, and they really need a public relations/community manager with a drop of compassion in regards to the treatment towards this fanbase. This is getting to be EA/Blizzard territory of not caring .

does this mean, I shouldn't play any ranked games on PS4 or buy new cards, while the copying process is on?
It also says:
Important! The state of your console account at the moment of copying (not at point of request) will be used.
Not making progress (that you'd like carried over) does seem like the safest option since the moment of copying is not known.

Guest 4352194

I ordered to delete my account and now they will look for an opportunity to overwrite gwent gog progress... Guys better communication. Why telling and spreading clearly "transferring to an gog with gwent progress will not be possible"? because of that communication I ordered to delete my account after your message about the console transfer...
I still love you guys but that was not so lucky...

Still hoping for a litte bonus for the console players after the transfer (ps4, Xbox game boards or frames?) at least I Don't no just some extras.

Hope that everything will go fast.

I ordered to delete my account and now they will look for an opportunity to overwrite gwent gog progress... Guys better communication. Why telling and spreading clearly "transferring to an gog with gwent progress will not be possible"? because of that communication I ordered to delete my account after your message about the console transfer...
I still love you guys but that was not so lucky...

Still hoping for a litte bonus for the console players after the transfer (ps4, Xbox game boards or frames?) at least I Don't no just some extras.

Hope that everything will go fast.

The bonus for console players waiting an extra month for homecoming was 3 premium kegs lol. They aren't going to do anything significant.

Top Bottom