E3 2020 & Gamescom: Third Demo Suggestion

+
I'm good, creating demos and whatnot would take time and resources that they can put in the game. And your ideas are too revealing for me. The only thing I would want to have announced/shown at e3 or whatever would be TPP photomode. lol

Yeah, I hope we can take photos from combat. Even better if we could "tweak" to look more better. FO76 had nice feature you could put your photos to loading screens.

I get it photo-mode can take tons of resources, but I suppose they could use it for the ad-system too.

I look forward to seeing the rich districts.
Neon, holograms, technology and please more flying cars! :cry:
I don't want to see just degradation the whole game..

my only suggestions would not be to not show the demo just to journos and and the people who go to e3 for the third time but to everyone at home too

I think we'll be very disapponted.

There's the taipei game show in february and:
We’re also promised “previously undisclosed content from Cyberpunk 2077” that will be “premiered to a select audience”. We’ll do our best to be in on that select audience and bring you our findings.

Good job, CDPR, good job! :cool:

Unfortunate that they're once again premiering behind closed doors. I can't say I'm happy about that.

But I also understand it. The game is now many, many months from release due to the ~5month delay, so they would be put in the position of showing content that isn't representative of the final game again.

They show longer demos to press, if they show us those same demos, they will be picked apart and analyzed to death. I assume that's one of the true reasons (c'mon, "spoilers"? :rolleyes:) they edited the 15min demo so heavily. Then people get upset when a specific thing isn't in the final game, and CDPR is forced to respond officially, or one ad is shown that bothers people, blah blah blah...

The usual internet culture stuff, basically. Not great for marketing a game.

With all of that said... I don't really fall into the "well why should CDPR be different when other companies don't release that many demos before launch?" because Cyberpunk 2077 is a unique case. It's going to be at a total of THREE... YES... THREE... E3s which, as far as I know, very few (if any, in recent memory) games do. It also showed very very early gameplay in its first 48 minute demo, which basically doesn't even count anymore due to how unrepresentative of the final game it is. Plus, it was announced 7 freakin' years ago.

So an updated extended look would be nice.

My idea would be:

- night time or day time but it's raining. Or even better - night time and it's raining.
- place - City Centre
- sure, look at new character creation would be nice.
- whole goal of the video would be to show of the locations, places you can visit outside of the missions. Maybe it could start with showing some short sidequest which would raise our street cred and then it would show us what it unlocked, visit the place, buy something (if it's a shop), maybe some talk about clothes or weapons stats and modifications, and then show some other places we will be able to visit in game and interact with something there. Just some hanging around I guess. Until the evening. Then...
Night life of the city. Showing some bar, playing some minigame (if it's there and if the bar is even enterable). Or maybe get into a fight with some "random" event at the bar. Or visit another shop, with clothes, buy something nice and visit club. (also if it's enterable, because if I remember correctly, answers weren't so clear on this topic) Maybe show us some hook up. How meeting people (love interests) works, how they react to different sex or orientation. And end it with black screen when you get home together.

I'm no longer interested in quests, skills, multiple way to do missions. We already saw that, we know what to expect. But now I want to meet the city. Introduce us. I want to know what I can do if I'm not on a mission.

I'm no longer interested in quests, skills, multiple way to do missions. We already saw that, we know what to expect.

Where?
Could you link that?
Because the only thing I remember seeing about skills is the skill board, nothing about their actual uses and how they changes things.

Where?
Could you link that?
Because the only thing I remember seeing about skills is the skill board, nothing about their actual uses and how they changes things.
Yes, we saw the skill tree or ability tree. Whatever you want to call it. I made a post about it some time ago and this is what I saw and how I understand it.

So here is how it looks like

In the picture you see 46 levels of skill (leveled up, used) in total. And 14 perk points used. Character is level 18.

Cool, reflexes, body etc. are attributes which are upgraded with "attribute points". Who could tell. Don't know how we will be able to get them. They affect the maximum level of skills connected to them.

Skills like Engineering, Handguns, Blades etc. I think are leveled up by using them. Every skill has progress bar which probably increases when you're using the skill.

It looks like it doesn't matter if you level up Handguns and you get perk point that you have to use that perk point in handguns. You can use it wherever you want.

Looks like each perk unlocks after 2 skill levels. (10 skill levels and 5 perks 10/5=2, plus you can see it in the image that skills with 1 level don't have any perks unlocked, unlocked are the dark ones) So that means you get maximum of 5 perk points from each skill. Which means you can earn by just leveling up 60 perk points. (12 skills in total * 5 perks you can acquire by leveling) And 300 perk points are needed to level up and acquire every perk. Maximum level for each perk is 5 (you can't see that from this picture but it's been mentioned in this article

Each attribute and skill goes up to level 10. There are 60 perks too (5 per skill) and each perks has 5 levels of progression

Attributes will also play part in dialogs. Body will for example make you more intimidating. Answer from Tumblr. Starts around 4th minute.
As was said before too, for example the higher the Handguns skill you have, different animation of handling the gun you will have. You'll be more accurate, have faster reloads.

I don't need to know what each perk does, I think this is enough already. If that's what you're interested in. I'm happy just knowing how the system works.

Although I think I must have made some mistakes back than, because I remember that I was reading it, and then someone else's idea, and I found something that didn't fit.

That's what I though.
What we had isn't really useful though, it's like having this:
fallout-4-best-charisma-perks-6.jpg

Without any more descriptions it's just pictures and playing guess about what they do.

Unfortunate that they're once again premiering behind closed doors. I can't say I'm happy about that.
Yeah I heard about that, first the delay and then more of this. I get why they are doing it too but I'd be lying if I said it wasn't a little but frustrating.

I'm all about transparency, so I feel like they're hiding something. It's not that I don't understand, but if the game is in a final state, I wonder how much work will be done on the game itself beyond optimization, bug squashing, etc.

I would like to at least see how in-game content is going to look and the nailed down content like skill trees, customizations, example of the branching quests, etc. The world is smaller and the game is shorter, but by how much? Stuff like that.

"we don't want to make spoilers, that's why we show you dex and placide's betrayals but not uncut story-free gameplay"

I wonder what's worst between CDPR fooling us or CDPR seriously thinking what they say. :ROFLMAO:

Well, a demo has to come from somewhere. I can understand wanting to avoid spoilers. I get lost with showing the same demo multiple times though. The only thing I can think is it may be the same demo in a refined form. It's the only way I can intuitively rationalize a rehash of showing identical content. The issue there is it would make far more sense to show a demo one time and adjust the way information is presented. Showing demos over and over feels like an epic waste of time.

I'd rather they drill down into mechanics, progression trees, etc. By drill down I don't mean flash up a graphic of a progression tree either. Elaboration goes a long way. They may be wanting to surprise people. Hence not doing this as in-depth as presumably possible. Still, it's ultimately a company selling a product. You cannot expect people to keep interest in a product if they don't really know what it is they're getting.

I'd add, marketing doesn't appear to be a strong point. I'll leave it at that....

I can understand wanting to avoid spoilers.
I agree, the problem is they said they want to avoid spoilers, but they avoided gameplay while showing plot twists.
I'd rather they drill down into mechanics, progression trees,
100% agreed here as well.
marketing doesn't appear to be a strong point.
200% agreed here. It's one of the worst marketing campaigns I've ever seen for a videogame in 20+ years (except scams). IMHO

I really didn't think a 3rd demo was necessary at this point, but if they feel they must, then CDPR know what they're doing. I was actually ok with just periodic small teasers and trailers until the release in September. Since they've revealed quite a bit already, I feel like anymore would be encroaching on serious spoiler territory. I believe creating a demo for the press to see would just be a distraction from the job at hand, which is more pressing than ever now that they're in the final stretches of the development stage.

If they have to reveal new info, I'd like to know more about the progression systems. Things like what sort of bonuses are conferred to the player at level up, how Street cred is distributed or gained and what types of mission types that would open up as you get more.

You cannot expect people to keep interest in a product if they don't really know what it is they're getting.
200% agreed here. It's one of the worst marketing campaigns I've ever seen for a videogame in 20+ years (except scams). IMHO

I think the marketing has been fine, actually. They starved us for years before releasing that 2nd trailer back in 2018 and then managed to hit 16 million views on a 48 minute video on Youtube within a month, which is just phenomenal considering it totally outclassed RDR 2's promotional campaign at the time, which was the biggest release of that year. Bringing in Keanu Reeves to E3 was also a stroke genius.

They way I see it, we're not so much buying into the setting or tabletop game itself, even though that does form part of the interest. What's really generating most of the hype here is the brand power of CDPR. If it was any other company making this game, it just wouldn't be the same.

Last edited:
They way I see it, we're not so much buying into the setting or tabletop game itself, even though that does form part of the interest. What's really generating most of the hype here is the brand power of CDPR. If it was any other company making this game, it just wouldn't be the same.

Well depends, many here and outside this forum are interested for CP2077 just because of tabletop game and his setting, also if another company was making CP2077 it still could be great game, CDPR have one game The Witcher, it is fun trilogy but nothing groundbreaking about them.

And demo with deeper look at talents tree, skills, attribute and mechanic would be really good, nice mission where V do some quest and they show all that and talk about it in more detailes, but not like that stupid deep dive demo who was just so so bad.

Also about spoilers, CDPR spoiled part of story when they told that Johnny Silverhand is in you head thankes to that chip you get, but they can pick any side mission from the game for demo and still not have to wory about any spoilers.

I would like to at least see how in-game content is going to look and the nailed down content like skill trees, customizations, example of the branching quests, etc. The world is smaller and the game is shorter, but by how much? Stuff like that.

That's fair. But traditionally these things are shown close to launch for the purpose of raising awareness/interest (I. E marketing). If you show your stuff now, you pretty much run the risk of having to repeat what you've already shown (the sweet spot is to show just enough to grab attention and leave players wanting for more).

I can't speak for others but generally the less I know about something, the more potentially enjoyable the moment of experiencing it is. Kinda like a movie. When i find something that interests me i usually look for review ratings, look at a few pictures, stuff like that that's not too deep in terms of content because i find it's immensely more enjoyable to discover and play around with than reading about it or watching it happen.

Top Bottom