STREAM WITH THE DEVELOPERS

+
Frankly, I don't see any need to even change the current system, except maybe adding options for excluding cards from extra copy milling.
I've made suggestions on these forums at various times in the past for some much needed improvements to both the collection manager and the deck builder / manager. Without going through all of them, one thing I would like to see is for the "mill spares" button to instead act as a "show spares" filter. It could then be combined with the other filters to select a subset of cards which you could then either mill manually, or click a "mill all shown" button to do it automatically.

Now that CDPR have also added the little hammer icon to cards to show where a card is craftable (i.e. is missing from a full collection), it would also make sense to have a matching "show craftable/missing" filter - perhaps using the little hammer icon on a button. You could then combine that with the other filters in the same way to select a subset of cards that you are missing and might want to craft. A "craft all shown" button could also be added here too.

In conjunction with both of these, the filters and sorting functionality also need improving. Additional sorting options and a card rarity filter should be added at a bare minimum. It is pretty sad that this has been omitted for well over a year now, much longer in the case of the rarity filter. Even sadder still, both of these were present way back in closed Beta.

DRK3

Forum veteran
Lets take a break from the negativity wave that the stream brought and share what we want to try first, with this new changes.

I will probably start with a Wild Hunt deck. With the new Imlerith, its ironic the best leader ability for the job is not Eredin but probably Arachas Queen or Gernichora, since they can easily spawn a 1pt unit. Adrenaline rush also seems a good pick for this deck, getting one of those 1pt units to 9 to assure dominance for the new Nithral.

The new Eldain lost a lot of its flavour, but i want to try a elf movement deck which now is more viable because im not forced to use more traps than i want to for leader ability and still have the elves for the elf swarm strategies.

I already played quite a lot of congregate swarm decks, and these buffs to the archetype are welcome but not really interesting to make me play that anymore.

Why did you do this to Epidemic? Why?
Whe need more cards that attacks multiple units.
I guess they did it because sometimes(much more times then it must be) Epidemic can work like Scorch for opponent's board. But Scorch is very expensive epic card while Epidemic pretty cheap rare card(so you can put even 2 copies of it) for that AOE effect. But still, now it looks very poor

The new Eldain lost a lot of its flavour, but i want to try a elf movement deck which now is more viable because im not forced to use more traps than i want to for leader ability and still have the elves for the elf swarm strategies.

I need to try the Rain of Arrows. ;)

Guest 4368268

What I don't like about this is that once again they speak of "we're kind of afraid of adrenaline rushs' potential and epidemic's potential so we're reworking them." but with cards that they know for a fact are OP they'll say "we took a couple provisions off, we don't wanna nerf this into the ground, let's wait and see."

I have pretty much not seen adrenaline rush though? Epidemic I've only seen from beginners that had it in their starter deck. Both were unique effects that are now apparently gone and are replaced by a generic boost effect and a 'destroy so and so' effect. Adrenaline rush was very expensive and a genuinely healthy way of securing carryover, almost the only real way to secure it.

There's a trillion 'damage by 1 cooldown 1' sort of cards out there and they seem very protective of those but cards that have a unique effect and can be toyed with by creative people just get thrown out. They are playing it too safe. A lot of people out there are saying the meta is stale and HC has too little potential and they are still playing it too safe.

Overal I'm dissapointed not only by this patch but also that they said next month's patch won't be that big. I'm fine with waiting a longer time for the next expansion especially if avoiding crunch is their explanation, but small balance patches suck.

On a positive note of course at least there's a provision nerf for the strongest leader abilities out there and some of the poison cards get taken out of the cheapest pool. It's also good to see some of the completely unplayable cards like crows eye (a faction specific card that was a neutral for some reason) get reworked although I can't remember what it'll do now. Nothing too interesting I think.

When I heard them speak of reworking unused cards the first thing I thought of was Nova though, but apparently she remains untouched (assuming she'd have been one of the highlights if changed)

I'm gonna play the same deck I've been playing this patch. Need to get rid of three Provisions due to nerfs, but that'll be easy because I have a filler Gold in there. :p

Edit: Except there will be more changes than just what they mentioned... oh well, maybe I'll get lucky.

Last edited:
What I don't like about this is that once again they speak of "we're kind of afraid of adrenaline rushs' potential and epidemic's potential so we're reworking them." but with cards that they know for a fact are OP they'll say "we took a couple provisions off, we don't wanna nerf this into the ground, let's wait and see."

I have pretty much not seen adrenaline rush though? Epidemic I've only seen from beginners that had it in their starter deck. Both were unique effects that are now apparently gone and are replaced by a generic boost effect and a 'destroy so and so' effect. Adrenaline rush was very expensive and a genuinely healthy way of securing carryover, almost the only real way to secure it.

There's a trillion 'damage by 1 cooldown 1' sort of cards out there and they seem very protective of those but cards that have a unique effect and can be toyed with by creative people just get thrown out. They are playing it too safe. A lot of people out there are saying the meta is stale and HC has too little potential and they are still playing it too safe.

Overal I'm dissapointed not only by this patch but also that they said next month's patch won't be that big. I'm fine with waiting a longer time for the next expansion especially if avoiding crunch is their explanation, but small balance patches suck.

On a positive note of course at least there's a provision nerf for the strongest leader abilities out there and some of the poison cards get taken out of the cheapest pool. It's also good to see some of the completely unplayable cards like crows eye (a faction specific card that was a neutral for some reason) get reworked although I can't remember what it'll do now. Nothing too interesting I think.

When I heard them speak of reworking unused cards the first thing I thought of was Nova though, but apparently she remains untouched (assuming she'd have been one of the highlights if changed)
It's a bit amusing when they rework bad unusable cards into bad unusable cards.

rrc

Forum veteran
Around 19 cards in each faction are going to get some changes in this patch (iirc). Even Crow’s Eye, a neutral card is changed from being a joke to just an useless 4p bronze card. Given all these if Eleyas and Hattori (the worst useless junkest pathetic cards) are not touched, I will lose some faith I have on CDPR. I wish Bribery is also one of the cards that gets changed.. at least provision wise. Let’s see.

Duhad

Forum regular
Going to be a bit of a contrarian here and say I actually DO like the changes to Crows Eye and A-Rush! A worse Dryads Caress is still a 4p purify that I can add as a flex slot to counter poison and that's nothing to sneeze at.

A-Rush as well has gone from a card that was basically unusably bad (and would be REALLY unfun if it was actually good since resilience is a seriously annoying mechanic when its not a super rare and nitch) card too one that actually has some interesting potential. If the other player cannot counter it, its a MASSIVE point swing card, but since it can only be played on rows with no other units it cannot be hidden behind a defender right away making it an easy pick off for Geralt, Baron or Peter. Its high risk, high reward and encourages careful deck building considerations about how much you need/want one super tall unit at the cost of painting a huge bullseye on it?

If nothing else it will be a WAY more fun meme card since 'I wasted 8p to get carry over that will just win me the game 1/10 times' is less interesting then, "I tossed a couple 5p cards in to make a +16 point monster arachas drone! Tremble mortals!"

As for epidemic... No to be fair that card was more fun with its old design, but I mean at least it might be a useful tech option in tournaments if stuff like Sly Seductresses end up becoming oppressive. I don't love the rework, but it likely will go from having a 0% play rate to being a possible consideration in some shup decks.

The rest of what we have seen so far has not really been mind blowing for the most part, but Monsters are looking WAY more viable and Wild Hunt is looking like it could actually be a fun theme to work around with a strong bronze core and some fun big players using the improved Imlerith + Wrath combo. SK likewise looks like it might actually be able to use some of its more underutilized themes like Bloodthirst and Discard and SY's scenario seems much less awful then it was. ST has a few okay changes, NG Justice is still playable, while limiting the engine spam nonsense it used to do. (It might look bad, but keep in mind that Muscle was a common use for it early on and now that the spawned unit is played first you can actually use it for a big Guard play now which can make swarm dwarves a bit more viable.) NR we have not seen yet, but I am assuming they will have a few nice tweaks along with NG and f***ing Pincer Maneuver being nerfed is... GOD FINALLY!

Anyway point is, I know allot of people are feeling antsy that they are mostly just shuffling around bad cards that won't change the meta at all, but I think allot of these changes have more potential then people are giving them credit for and with the pretty large number of cards we have yet to actually see the change on... I'm thinking this might end up being a pretty good patch.

And worst case scenario, scenario's continue to be oppressive and the meta underwhelms for one more month and then they finally get around to seriously addressing that stuff along with announcing the next expansion and we all get on the hype train to see what comes next!

I know allot of people where hoping for world shaking changes after the 2 month brake post MoO, but keep in mind, they where on vacation for a fair bit of that time and are now trying to get around to some housecleaning that allot of us have been hoping for for a long time now. Addressing and BUFFING bad cards that never saw any play! Even if you don't love all the stuff they are doing now, this is a VERY positive sign that they have heard our complaints and are working to start implementing changes we as a community have been asking for. Even if they are not the changes we where specifically asking for over the last month or so. Which they might still be, we won't know for sure till tomorrow.

Anyway, as always remember:

DON'T PANIC

How about this, we all just wait a bit longer until the patch arrives. Then, we actually play the game some time before we finally try to decide which of the changes were good and which ones bad...

Obviously it is unclear at this stage exactly what he meant by this, but I hope CDPR keep one thing in mind. You might actually want to hold on to 2 copies of a standard gold card or 4 copies of a standard bronze card so that you can later transmute the extras to premium versions. If those extras had been auto-milled for you, you would end up having to expend additional scraps to recreate them for transmuting. That would mean losing out on 600 scraps in the case of a legendary card.

My thoughts exactly.

Top Bottom