[Official Problem] Language Subtitle Packs are incorrect for several users for The Witcher 3 for Nintendo Switch

+
What did you do to play in your language?

They released a patch after the first month, it just fixed Latin American Spanish subtitles on LA-USA cartridges I guess...

I hope you all get what you deserve (nothing less than a game in your own language for that full price)... I read somewhere that Microsoft is buying The Witcher studio or something like that...

Currently I'm playing some other games while they patch all the bugs and add some graphical options...

Don't wait them to inform you, they are absolutely not communicating anything at all here (or in any official way) All I know is by good people posting.

I will not buy any game from CD Project Red from now one... really, I became really really upset with that. Felt scammed. Sorry, the new game will born dead to me.

Same here. I have to add that I don't pre-order games since I bought Bloodstained (a bloody mess of game on NS). But I gave this game a chance since it's a port from a few years ago... I regret doing it...

Dear CD Projekt Red and Saber Interactive!

I want to present you just a couple of user stories for your "Jira" to be done.

- As a Nintendo Switch The Witcher 3 player from any country, I want to have the ability to play in the game in my native language, accordingly, I must be able to download any language and voice pack which I want to play with.

Please add the ability to download Russian/All languages packs (subtitle and voice) without region limit. We are not in the Stone Age and our world is really multicultural and already highly globalized for that. No matter what exact country I am from or in which country I buy the game, because my mother language can be any language. I can give you 5 more real reasons if you need to.

- As a Nintendo Switch The Witcher 3 player, I want to have the ability to read subtitles without difficulty, but only with comfort. Accordingly to that, I must have the ability to change the size of subtitles, at least be able to make it bigger then now.

Please make subtitles bigger or at least give us the ability to make it bigger in the settings. Because now it’s very uncomfortable to read small subtitles on a small screen.

So many of your customers are waiting for these two fixes/features since October.

I hope Saber Interactive will add all this in their promised coming soon "worth to wait" patch for The Witcher 3 on Nintendo Switch...

Sincerely yours,
CD Projekt Red regular customer and player,
Rasim Nadzhafov

Last edited:
Hello everyone.

I have bought the eu version of the game, (didn't know there was a US version of the physical edition) but my account is an american one, now because of this i don't have any lenguages packages, it's just english, and it's very difficult to understand some of the words.

I've been reading and there is a 3.5 version for the US that fix this problem, when we (the ones that have the EU version) are going to get this patch?

Hello everyone.

I have bought the eu version of the game, (didn't know there was a US version of the physical edition) but my account is an american one, now because of this i don't have any lenguages packages, it's just english, and it's very difficult to understand some of the words.

I've been reading and there is a 3.5 version for the US that fix this problem, when we (the ones that have the EU version) are going to get this patch?
Hi there,
Since CDPR doesn't care at all, I will reply instead. This small 3.5 fix was released shortly after release of game and fixed only the spanish language for those who had it before day one patch (which was numbered 3.4). This patch was region-specific, for region-specific issue. We can expect that if there will be patch for EU and other versions, it won't be numbered as 3.5, because it would contain different fixes or features.
Nobody knows if there will be language packs in future or if there will be more graphical options - both of those are highly demanded by players. Unfortunately, game developers are ignoring those requests and Saber Interactive gives small to none informations, too. So right now, you shouldn't expect anything. Nothing is announced officially. Everything else is just rumours. Don't even bother to contact them with this, they will ignore you or tell you they can't comment.

So, the patch 3.6 probably starts to roll out also in Europe. In some discussion threads there were first mentions of UK and Germany folks who got it - they didn't mention if they got it automatically or if they needed to check the update manually.
Either way, first impressions looks like huge improvement when it comes to visual settings, which finally can be changed further. Awesome!
Is there anybody here, who already tried to install it?

Did you guys check if there are any changes regards languages available? I expect this to remain the same, but let's share if somebody will have any change of languages available in-game after patch 3.6.

Here's the patch notes:

Among the features introduced by Update 3.6 is save file integration with Steam and GOG, allowing gamers to continue their PC adventure on the go, as well as HUD, menu and Gwent touch control support.
Additionally, the update expands the range of available text language options for selected regions. More graphical settings can also be found in the options following the update, making it possible to customize visual fidelity.
For the full list of changes, see below.
Update 3.6 — list of changes:
  • Added touch control support.
  • Added save file integration with GOG, Steam and versions of the game for Switch from different regions.
  • Added more text languages (in selected regions).
  • Added more graphical options.
  • Added multiple performance optimizations.
  • Fixed various visual and functional bugs.
  • Various gameplay and crash fixes.
While transferring saves from PC, please keep in mind:
  • Mod-related bugs and blockers might get transferred from a modded PC game save file.
  • If the save file name has been changed on PC, the Switch’s Cloud Save feature won't be able to recognize it.
Additional voice-over languages, added as free DLCs in selected regions, will follow later.

Let's party guys. :)

German, English, Spanish, French, Italian, Polish and Russian text.

German, English, French audio.

Attachments

• 0FE78F3A-1CD5-46AC-A728-DBD7A6D61CC9.jpeg
    0FE78F3A-1CD5-46AC-A728-DBD7A6D61CC9.jpeg
    995.4 KB · Views: 137
Top Bottom