Weekly Poll 3/23/20 - Day/Night

+

I prefer to:

• Total voters
3 and 4 jump out to me , they are a bit opposite to each other but :shrug:

3 I am looking forward to the cycle , i am sure it will be beautiful to see both sides of NC .

4 It makes sense that some missions / quests should be attempted during different sides of the cycle .

3 and 5, but mostly I just want to experience the game and its world in both of these environments. Ideally, I wanna see everything during the day in one playthrough, then everything in the night when I play it all next time.

I'd prefer to play during the day for the most part, but not because it fells more "cyberpunk."

Nighttime has more of a cyberpunk feel than daytime for obvious reasons, but it gets old fast. I'd like to walk around during the night time and soak in the atmosphere for maybe like 30 minutes before I want to go back to the daytime. I think most people will say that prefer night, because it seems like the obvious choice. But I think in reality most people will spend most of their time during the day. Psychologically you are programmed to prefer going out during the day.

4, 5 and 6. Preferences are obvious, but some jobs do not care about that and what is better than to sleep until then?

5. I do try to RP sleeping ... but its not based on day/night aesthetic preferences.

I'm an owl IRL (rarely to bed before 3 AM or up before 10:30-11:00 AM) bur game-wise we'll just have to see what works best.

4 and 5 most of the time, 3 when my V has nothing remotely important to do and wants to just go with the flow. Nighttime is obviously going to be quite atmospheric but daytime city life seems pretty cool too.

3.) If missions change based on the time of day, I'll try the mission at both times if I can.

Its 4am , watcha think? Lol

But truth is, there are rarely any games that let the night last long. Everyone is obsessed with daylight.

In some games, like DAI and MEA, daylight sucked. In DAI, the sun was too bright (and there was no system of day and night), so you couldn't take a break from it.

Those rare games that give you a day and night system, again insist on Night being short and daylight lasting longer. For exemple, Ark Survival Evolved or Fallout 4 .

Me? yes . its hard to see during the night and can be spooky . But i take that over glaring sun in a game I'm supposed to have fun, squinting and having a headech after 1h and no way to switch to darkness for a bit .

All 4 for me. Although, I do like variety and ambiance. So, if the game doesn't really differentiate between day / night in terms of gameplay...I'll still find excuses to operate during the night at times.

1. In Night City 2045 there are night markets, so I assume there will be something along those lines in 2077, no?
Night time is one of the most 'tropiest' of cyberpunk tropes. Night time plus rain. (Or I will make it rain, yeet!)
Also, imagine all those scrumptious neon lights ray traced...hashtag RTX (hard-)ON.

4. I would prefer it if NPCs would hint at what time a quest is better performed at (if time applies at all to quests), rather than a quest description of "Wait until time Y to do X" kinda thing, just to force me to try different ways of accomplishing the quest, perhaps even enhancing roleplay and immersion?

Although, after an intense quest that I did at night (obtaining the Immortality Chip?), perhaps doing something more chill during the day (buying new threads while getting roasted by Johnny) also adds to the immersion experience, maybe?

While the night is the quintessential Cyberpunk-o-Clock, there is something about the Californian Sun, shining upon the Land of Broken Dreams that is quite Cyberpunk, though perhaps with a more TransMet/Thompson-esque twist.

Top Bottom