Upcoming Changes to Meteorite Powder Economy

+

Burza46

CD PROJEKT RED

Dear GWENT players,

For a long time, we were not quite happy with how meteorite powder was set up in GWENT. While we tried to fix it by introducing tweaks to its acquisition rate, this solution wasn't good and we rolled it back. We asked ourselves what exactly are the issues we're trying to solve and narrowed them down to these 2:

1) Transmutation costs were oddly scaled in regards to rarity in a way that applied different disparities than normally acquiring cards. This made understanding costs and how progress through kegs behave more difficult.
2) It was too easy of a decision to ignore lower rarity premium cards and focus on saving up for legendary cards due to the relatively small gap between common and legendary cards transmutation costs. We are looking forward to seeing a dynamic where common premiums are much easier to get, with the compromise that legendary premiums are much harder to get.

We're rebalancing the transmutation cost of premium cards to follow the existing rarity-based crafting costs. With this change premium Commons and Rares will be easier to get, while Epic and Legendary premiums will be more exclusive.

There are some changes coming to meteorite powder offers in the shop. With new meteorite powder amounts and prices, we're aiming to make meteorite powder more accessible by offering over 45% more MP in the cheapest offer and over 80% more MP in the high-end offer. On top of that, we are staying true to our commitment to release ornaments available for meteorite powder from time to time.

Both changes will be implemented on May 5th at 12:00 CEST, until that time you can make informed decisions about what you want to do with your meteorite powder reserves/card collections.

Thanks for the information!

And what about the changes to Prestige Level 6 and higher? That was not mentioned anywhere

Have you not made it your business to make no hidden changes anymore?

EDIT: Thanks for the clarification!

Last edited:

DRK3

Forum veteran
Time to transmute as many legendaries as you can, boys...

For long time players like me (already have full premium collection on base, starter, Merchants of Ofir and Skellige sets) this wont hit as hard, but for newer players, they can say bye-bye to any chance of getting anything close to full premium collection, at least without spending real money.

Gwent has always been the most generous of cards games, with amazing premium cards, we can not deny this.

But this economy update is definitely an increase of the meteorite powder's value.
If our goal is to transmute Legendary cards, meteorite powder from the shop will cost more, even with these new quantities. I'm not sure that the save of powder from epic/rare/common cards will balance this.
Still, I'm ok than Cdpr get money for his hard work.

I'm more concerned about the futur expension's preorder packs. With preorder packs, we got premium kegs (in addition of great vanity items), which were perfect to get 70-80% of the rare/common cards in premium. If we got 1 or 2 legendary, that was a bonus.
As the rare/common are going to be cheaper to transmute, preorder pack are going to be less interesting for our premium collection. :/

Last edited:
I think this is quite fair and reasonable. Always thought it was dumb to have to spend 200 powder just to transmute a rare card. Now you can transmute an Epic for that. The Legendaries will be a bit harder to do, but that's fair enough.

Thanks for the information!

And what about the changes to Prestige Level 6 and higher? That was not mentioned anywhere

Have you not made it your business to make no hidden changes anymore?

Hello! I'm very sorry for the confusion caused by this. Allow me to clarify what changed and what not - due to the localization error, the descriptions mixed up:

Prestige 1-5: No changes
6 - +1RP to Daily quests
7 - +1RP to Daily quests
8 - Chance for RP in GG rewards
9 - NO CHANGES (localization error, fix is coming)
10 - NO CHANGES (localization error, fix is coming)

No idea why anyone would pay actually money for "premium cards". Many don't even look different than the standard version i.e. the animation is practically nonexistent.

Hello! I'm very sorry for the confusion caused by this. Allow me to clarify what changed and what not - due to the localization error, the descriptions mixed up:

6 - +1RP to Daily quests
7 - +1RP to Daily quests

That's better than the old perks for me! :D
Post automatically merged:

6 - +1RP to Daily quests
7 - +1RP to Daily quests

Prestige 4 was a minor daily reward boost, wouldn't that need change too?

Props to the devs for keeping the game fresh during all this Corona Madness. With the increased time spent at home, it is much appreciated. New deck abilities should be interesting!

Legendary transmutation should stay like today. 800 is too much in my opinion. If I buy the cheapest box from Shupe i will not able to do even one legendary, where today I can do this.

Legendary transmutation should stay like today. 800 is too much in my opinion. If I buy the cheapest box from Shupe i will not able to do even one legendary, where today I can do this.
They're increasing the amount of MP you get from those packs. Sounds like the first one will increase to 800.

I just grinded to level 6 and was ecstatic to open some packs with premiums. Guess i will have to open everything but the ultimate premiums now.

Still, thank you for the notice and for not making this change before the Android release.

It is a fair compromise with a more reasonable sense of scaling. Now a legendary premium will give the impression it deserves.
Nevertheless, it is the time to transmute our favorite legendaries!

Well, this makes a lot more sense as you want people that care about cosmetics to chase something. And at least this time you're notified in advance. This is truly only a bad change for completionists, as most people don't really care if 100% of their deck is premium.

I really dislile the fact that bronze premiums gonna worth very little. Now even if you reach prestige 10 it gonna take a long time to get all premium legendaries because milling premium bronzes gonna give you very little powder.

Top Bottom