E3 2019 & post-E3 2019 - Media News & Previews

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Gamestar, German website which has a really good contact with CDPR developers, already contacted them about it and they confirmed that this information is misleading.

"Cyberpunk 2077 will not have any micropayments and other in-game payment options. We always said and will stay that way. You pay for this game exactly once - if you buy it."

I thought this part in the E3 trailer, where some guy has his eyeball ripped out, would be mentioned in one of the rating detail summaries.

I haven't seen anything like it though, so I guess it's not a big deal or it has been removed from the final game.

I thought this part in the E3 trailer, where some guy has his eyeball ripped out, would be mentioned in one of the rating detail summaries.

I haven't seen anything like it though, so I guess it's not a big deal or it has been removed from the final game.

it was never in the game, that's not game footage, it's a trailer.

I find amusing the importance given to being able to customize your genitals, in the last days.
I assume from now on if there is no such rich feature present a character creation or game can be deemed bad.

it was never in the game, that's not game footage, it's a trailer.
I believe that most of those scenes in the trailer (maybe with exception of V travelling via the Metro and pulling the gun from the car in front of Arasaka building) are from the game, but they are given a more cinematic angle for the purpose of the trailer, for example the scene when Trauma Team takes down all the Scavengers inside of the apartment is very likely one of the possible outcomes of the first quest we saw in the first gameplay video, but in the game we will see that happening from our character perspective. Some others, like the scene inside of space shuttle, might be a part of the intro cinematic.

I believe that most of those scenes in the trailer (maybe with exception of V travelling via the Metro and pulling the gun from the car in front of Arasaka building) are from the game, but they are given a more cinematic angle for the purpose of the trailer, for example the scene when Trauma Team takes down all the Scavengers inside of the apartment is very likely one of the possible outcomes of the first quest we saw in the first gameplay video, but in the game we will see that happening from our character perspective. Some others, like the scene inside of space shuttle, might be a part of the intro cinematic.

The trailer it's self says "using game engine" qualifiers like that are there to tell you it is not the game or game play. Game assets, the right look to the world, but not actually anything you will play and possibly not see either.

The trailer it's self says "using game engine" qualifiers like that are there to tell you it is not the game or game play. Game assets, the right look to the world, but not actually anything you will play and possibly not see either.

That's not right. "Using game engine" literally means that it is the game. It means that they are capturing footage running on the REDengine in-game, rather than it being just CGI generated for a trailer.

That's not right. "Using game engine" literally means that it is the game. It means that they are capturing footage running on the REDengine in-game, rather than it being just CGI generated for a trailer.
no, it means that it's done with the same engine, but pumped up to its best, rendered in hours and hours on a uber pc. It's like "what our engine could deliver in 10 years' time from now". In-game footage means it's real gameplay. There's plenty of examples.
If you expect CP77 to have those graphics, you'll be extremely disappointed.

no, it means that it's done with the same engine, but pumped up to its best, rendered in hours and hours on a uber pc. It's like "what our engine could deliver in 10 years' time from now". In-game footage means it's real gameplay. There's plenty of examples.
If you expect CP77 to have those graphics, you'll be extremely disappointed.

Ok, thanks for clearing that up. I stand corrected. I thought they would be actual cutscenes in the game.

Man it's gonna be such a huge false advertising when this 'genital customization' will be nothing better than Saints Row where you don't actually see what you customized, only size of the bulge behind pants.
Or just "choose between penis and vagina". I can already see the shitstorm. (not CDPR's fault but media's)

Man it's gonna be such a huge false advertising when this 'genital customization' will be nothing better than Saints Row where you don't actually see what you customized, only size of the bulge behind pants.
Can't be false advertising when CDPR didn't advertise it in the first place. All this information is from the ESRB website and not official Cybeprunk 2077 marketing material.

Can't be false advertising when CDPR didn't advertise it in the first place. All this information is from the ESRB website and not official Cybeprunk 2077 marketing material.
In this day and age, every piece of info can be turned into advertising, good or ill fame doesn't matter. Just because it isn't official doesn't mean it doesn't exist. Blame your favorite media, not me.

Except we already saw some things and scenes from the trailer in the gameplay video, like the Scavenger's apartment, their boss, Trauma Team and the guy fighting a robot, so saying "That scene when Jackie removes some dude's eyes out is not going to be in the game, because it's a trailer" is a stretch. Again, I believe most of these scenes we will see in the game proper, but not from a cinematic perspective, but our own.

If you can be nude and want to see your bulge, or lack thereof, why not just run around without pants? :shrug:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom