Guns/weapons you wanna see in Cyberpunk?

+
I'd love to see katana + pistol combination actually. Explosive only playstyle would be good too for the 10th-12th playthrough.
We haven’t seen much by way of explosives, I think we’ve seen some airburst rounds, and 1 grenade toss.
They have confirmed katanas that can reflect bullets

In cp2020 there is a wrist mounted blade launcher and throwing knives that fan out once inside a person. I would love to see 1 or both of those.

I believe this is the fanning knife you were talking about:

1590169662537.png

Something else I would like to see are diverse blade options. We have a katana confirmed and we’ve seen a few machetes. I’d like to see a hogsplitter like this.
9269539E-3082-4C54-A177-E67F1B1EED8E.jpeg

What about dual-wield railgun pistols?
Post automatically merged:

Maybe a system where you can interchange weapon combinations at the drop of a hat? Such as,
Left-hand: Right-hand:
Gun + Gun
Gun + Blade
Blade + Gun
Blade + Blade

What about dual-wield railgun pistols?
Post automatically merged:

Maybe a system where you can interchange weapon combinations at the drop of a hat? Such as,
Left-hand: Right-hand:
Gun + Gun
Gun + Blade
Blade + Gun
Blade + Blade
1590429928381.jpeg

this is a railgun. Some people have made some compact coilguns but I do not think it is feasible to have a pistol sized railgun that is also lethal. The power behind a railgun is its long rails that allow it to use magnetic fields to accelerate projectiles over the length of the rails. I could see a railgun sniper rifle but even then it would have to be so long as to reach anime proportions.

View attachment 11042708
this is a railgun. Some people have made some compact coilguns but I do not think it is feasible to have a pistol sized railgun that is also lethal. The power behind a railgun is its long rails that allow it to use magnetic fields to accelerate projectiles over the length of the rails. I could see a railgun sniper rifle but even then it would have to be so long as to reach anime proportions.

Yes, but this is the future we're talking about. They built micro-cybernetics head implants to hack anything. I think a handheld upgraded military grade projectile that's a foot long isn't that far fetched.

Yes, but this is the future we're talking about. They built micro-cybernetics head implants to hack anything. I think a handheld upgraded military grade projectile that's a foot long isn't that far fetched.
That is why I conceded to a sniper, acceleration is the limiting factor, and because it relies on magnetic fields along the rails you cannot just make it compact enough to be a pistol. It isn’t like smokeless gunpowder that burns fast enough that you no longer need a long barrel to reach lethal velocities. Its closer to black powder because you need the travel time along the rails. There are physical limitations (as in the physical laws of nature) that are the limiting factors. At the point of making a pistol “railgun” it would be a more effective taser.

you will always need length, the only way you can really compact it is through width.

Throwing explosive knife. We had explosive bolts, why not make an explosive knife. Pull out the pin, throw it at some enemy's chest, observe spectacular explosion.
Railgun. Maybe some dual-stage rounds (propellant/electromagnetic) system like Chemrail in Elysium.
Tazer SMG (Non-lethal, but effective).
Metal Storm system guns. Why need mags anyway, just throw away the whole barrel and replace it with new, loaded with bullets.
Make certain guns CPU-operated (I mean, feeding new round, cycling the bolt and all the magic, controlled by integrated CPU). Let them be overpowered, but become useless, should some bastard throw EMP-nade at you. Nice gameplay element, I guess.
And, please, don't make weapons which look like some iconic guns (AK, AR-15) fitted with stupidly giant amount of furniture (any future-setting COD).

That is why I conceded to a sniper, acceleration is the limiting factor, <clip>
Actually the limiting factor is power.

The US Navy can put them on ships because they have a ships engines providing power. And while you could fairly easily put a rail gun on a tank the needed power supply is twice, or more, the size of the tank. Sorta impractical. And don't fall into the fallacy some super efficient, super compact, power supply is going to be invented ... physics 101 says no. Now if you want Star Wars fantasy-fiction as opposed to science-fiction then go for it

Metal Storm system guns. Why need mags anyway, just throw away the whole barrel and replace it with new, loaded with bullets.

Well, mags are far more practical than a barrel full of projectiles, have you ever seen a mag and a barrel next to eachother, or tried to change a barrel in a second or two? Military have :) Metal Storm failed because it was clumsy, impractical and borderline useless :)

Well, mags are far more practical than a barrel full of projectiles, have you ever seen a mag and a barrel next to eachother, or tried to change a barrel in a second or two? Military have :) Metal Storm failed because it was clumsy, impractical and borderline useless :)

Eh, as a gun-geek, I totally agree with ya. But, c'mon, look at the Typhoon in Crysis 3 (500 shots per second), ain't that sounds pretty huh?)
In any case, let those weapons be cheap as rubbish, but discardable after emptying it. (Like H&K P11 Underwater pistol) Would be a nice symbolic weapon for some poor gangs, tryin' to make name for themselves. Or, make some M1 Garand's "ping" comeback. But with the whole barrel instead of clip)))

Actually the limiting factor is power.

The US Navy can put them on ships because they have a ships engines providing power. And while you could fairly easily put a rail gun on a tank the needed power supply is twice, or more, the size of the tank. Sorta impractical. And don't fall into the fallacy some super efficient, super compact, power supply is going to be invented ... physics 101 says no. Now if you want Star Wars fantasy-fiction as opposed to science-fiction then go for it
Well a graphene battery could offer leaps and bounds in terms of power supply. I meant power being infinite you would still need a longer barrel/rails for a railgun than you would for a firearm of the same power. You can reach higher accelerations with a railgun but again, that requires a longer barrel/rail.

Well a graphene battery could offer leaps and bounds in terms of power supply. I meant power being infinite you would still need a longer barrel/rails for a railgun than you would for a firearm of the same power. You can reach higher accelerations with a railgun but again, that requires a longer barrel/rail.

Leaps and bounds in terms of battery power, which at the moment requires 200 kg of battery to power a car for 200 miles. doubling that would be a massive improvement, but nothing on the 20 or 30 MW a ship board reactor could put out.

A super future battery would give a car 1000 miles of range, it's not going to put a rail gun in your hand.

Course Cyber punk already has something beyond that, since you have have all these super strength bionic arms, which would need a super compact efficient power supply, so shoulder mounted one shot rail gun maybe, but still not pistol sized.

Yacto sized diseases/nanites I can use for infection.
Either for your cyberware to cause a malfunction or what's left of your meatsack to make it necrotic, causing your cyberware to become an infection, bypassing antirejection substance/enhancement.

...or did I have to choose a gun/blade/explosive?

I would like to see some programmable explosives. Both a delivery device (drone, spider, flyer, digger) and identification (hostile intent, targeted heat/bio mapping, implant signatures). I would also like to see non-localized versions of these. Somewhere between calling in an airstrike and a long range sniper. Some sort of coms could initiate delivery, so after a short delay, you could have a large boom, or multiple targeted small yield versions.
This could also be a decent way to deliver oh shit weapons, ammo, supplies. Call in a favor because you packed light to the BFG convention.

Top Bottom