GET READY!

+
The problem is that there are too many distractions. People are so busy retreating and escaping that they do not notice the stench of racism and injustice at their front door and the entitled scream "But what about ME???" when companies push the release schedules to the right.

I have a feeling that the game we all want to play will be out on time and then we can all go back to ignoring each other in favor of logging game hours.

Or we can choose to recognize the worth of all human beings and address this insult to humanity.
Don't make me write long-ass tirade about why USA has come to this pls...

My apologies that the murder of a black man at the hands of the authorities is interfering with your gaming schedule.

What's with this assumptious attitude? That I somehow don't care about what's happening at all? No, I just don't see how these two realms should interfere in any way. Here's a thought; I had family friends in that Ukrainian plane that was shot down a few months back. They didn't get much justice for what was done to them, so should I just throw my computer away because of that? Because that seems to be your logic in all of this.

I deeply care about what is happening in the world. I really do. I just don't think it should interfere with entertainment. Now if you have constructive feedback/thought on my opinion, I would LOVE to hear it. Otherwise, that kind of attitude is unwarranted and just totally unfair.

We decided to move Night City Wire to Jun 25th. We still look forward to sharing new information about Cyberpunk 2077, but more important discussions are happening right now and we want them to be heard. We wholeheartedly stand against racism, intolerance and violence. Black Lives Matter.

Respect, witcher :ok:

What's with this assumptious attitude? That I somehow don't care about what's happening at all? No, I just don't see how these two realms should interfere in any way. Here's a thought; I had family friends in that Ukrainian plane that was shot down a few months back. They didn't get much justice for what was done to them, so should I just throw my computer away because of that? Because that seems to be your logic in all of this.

I deeply care about what is happening in the world. I really do. I just don't think it should interfere with entertainment. Now if you have constructive feedback/thought on my opinion, I would LOVE to hear it. Otherwise, that kind of attitude is unwarranted and just totally unfair.

You wanted to have this conversation and now we're having it, right? A man has been killed for nothing more than being himself and yet CDPR's delay made no sense to you on a "moral level." Your words, not mine.

I do not doubt that you are a caring person and a decent individual, but lauding that the events of the real world should not break in to your game time just sounds really suspect.

And I am sorry for the murder of your friends.. I have had three close friends and the relatives of friends die from the virus. Loss is not universal and I grieve with you.

You wanted to have this conversation and now we're having it, right? A man has been killed for nothing more than being himself and yet CDPR's delay made no sense to you on a "moral level." Your words, not mine.

I do not doubt that you are a caring person and a decent individual, but lauding that the events of the real world should not break in to your game time just sounds really suspect.

And I am sorry for the murder of your friends.. I have had three close friends and the relatives of friends die from the virus. Loss is not universal and I grieve with you.

I too am sorry for your loss, and I think we should agree to disagree here. Still looking forward to the event and I hope to see you there.

This delay is really not a big deal to me, but there is room for debate here right? I'm not an US citizen and know too little about the whole thing but what benefits have come out of these wave of protests? I think dealying the event is somehow a way of encouraging people to go out and cause more anarchy, entertainment in 2020 for some people have become a way to keep sane, and taking it away from everyone will not help in any way at all...

This delay is really not a big deal to me, but there is room for debate here right? I'm not an US citizen and know too little about the whole thing but what benefits have come out of these wave of protests? I think dealying the event is somehow a way of encouraging people to go out and cause more anarchy, entertainment in 2020 for some people have become a way to keep sane, and taking it away from everyone will not help in any way at all...

Technically, political discussion is prohibited on those forums. But apparently when it fits Vattiers political views, it gets allowed....

Before this game gets released, I will lose my whole interest in it.

Not me. I've already blocked off a nice long weekend for myself after release day on the 17th of September. I'm not even going to answer my work cell or log in to business e-mail.

I believe the point is this kind of stuff isn't a new development. It's a bit odd for people to suddenly become champions of righteousness because such an event becomes breaking news. And... it's not like entertainment related events would take away from discussions to be had on the matter.

The most mystifying part to me is why it takes 3-4+ people to basically sit on a person on the ground with their hands restrained behind their back to suddue them. Oh boy, one guy puts his knee on the neck, another sits on his back and the third tickles his toes. Guess what, the guy dies from lack of oxygen. Shocker. "Sorry sir, I wrapped my arm around his neck and squeezed for 10 minutes straight and now he's non responsive.". How many morons does it take to screw in a light bulb?

^
This kind of stuff shouldn't be a thing.

It seems to me the correct approach is to put the guy in the back of the damn police car ASAP instead of sitting around with thumbs in asses while exerting authority for 8+ minutes. Even if there is a wait for said car to magically appear this level of effort to restrain one person, one likely in the middle of a heart attack no less, is a complete joke.

I'd add, it's a good thing I've never personally witnessed such events. I'd likely get arrested too because I probably would intervene.

Absolutely a no brainer decision to move the event, makes perfect sense (from a moral, business, PR etc. perspective).

However, let's not pretend this event would have taken attention away from current events in any meaningful way. Messaging could have dropped the pretence that moving the date of the event achieves anything beyond bringing awareness and showing support in a token, noncommital way. Acting like it's anything beyond that just weakens the message, imo.

Absolutely a no brainer decision to move the event, makes perfect sense (from a moral, business, PR etc. perspective).

However, let's not pretend this event would have taken attention away from current events in any meaningful way.

I would agree to a certain extent, but it is still comforting to see these companies put human concerns before business.

Whether or not there is any sincerity to the message remains to be seen, but I'd like to think that the CDPR guys are being honest.

I would agree to a certain extent, but it is still comforting to see these companies put human concerns before business.

Whether or not there is any sincerity to the message remains to be seen, but I'd like to think that the CDPR guys are being honest.

I disagree that this is putting human concerns before business - I don't see how it's good for business not to move you event when other companies are doing so. Not to mention when your business model is built on fostering good PR. I also have no doubt that the guys at CDPR care about human lives, so it isn't a business-only decision either.

But yeah, just seems like an easy decision to make all around. I bet you if the game was releasing tomorrow, they wouldn't delay that though. Of course, this is pure conjecture on my part.

Social Media RN are turning into a mess.
We decided to move Night City Wire to Jun 25th. We still look forward to sharing new information about Cyberpunk 2077, but more important discussions are happening right now and we want them to be heard. We wholeheartedly stand against racism, intolerance and violence. Black Lives Matter.

All* Lives Matter
Take care, people, see you around later.

'm not an US citizen and know too little about the whole thing but what benefits have come out of these wave of protests? I think dealying the event is somehow a way of encouraging people to go out and cause more anarchy, entertainment in 2020 for some people have become a way to keep sane, and taking it away from everyone will not help in any way at all...

In the US, minorities face harsh realities, some on a daily basis. Discrimination is a common one and, as of recent, murder. Over the past decade, many African-American were murdered by police brutality, and to raise such awareness to stop this from going on, a movement was formed: Black Lives Matter. People marched, preached, and it all went viral for a couple of weeks. But the police brutality continued. Another innocent black man was killed. He was choked to death in public. This time athletes began a protest of their own and kneeled during anthems. Folks ridiculed it, conservatives targeted them as traitors to the country. The NFL dropped the athlete responsible and banned such gesture to ever be used during the anthem. The message became derailed by ignorant folks. This year two more black Americans died from police interference, one which had nothing to with anything, shot and killed in her home. No matter what form of protest, here in the US, it gets brushed by memes, entertainment, games, or derailed to fit someone's narrative outside of what the protests are really supposed to be about.

So people wonder, after George Floyd died, what's with all the rioting? Simply, nobody knows what else to do other than lash out in anger. It's heartbreaking because it seems like things will always be on repeat. And no matter what, blacks will always be punished for the color of their skins, like, it's some permanent fate. It only seems permanent because the majority would rather escape rather than end racism.

I'm tired of this cycle. I'm tired of it being brushed under the rug with memes, video games, entertainment, and so on.
We're dealing with centuries of trivial hate that's still going (for some reason). I'd gladly trade a few days of postponement
so that we can closely end a centuries-old ugly problem.

Last edited:
In the US, minorities face harsh realities, some on a daily basis. Discrimination is a common one and, as of recent, murder. Over the past decade, many African-American were murdered by police brutality, and to raise such awareness to stop this from going on, a movement was formed: Black Lives Matter. People marched, preached, and it all went viral for a couple of weeks. But the police brutality continued. Another innocent black man was killed. He was choked to death in public. This time athletes began a protest of their own and kneeled during anthems. Folks ridiculed it, conservatives targeted them as traitors to the country. The NFL dropped the athlete responsible and banned such gesture to ever be used during the anthem. The message became derailed by ignorant folks. This year two more black Americans died from police interference, one which had nothing to with anything, shot and killed in her home. No matter what form of protest, here in the US, it gets brushed by memes, entertainment, games, or derailed to fit someone's narrative outside of what the protests are really supposed to be about.

Thank's for putting some effort to clarify that. I did a bit of research and confess I really didn't know racism was still that big of a deal in the US. It's quite ridiculous to say the least.

I disagree that this is putting human concerns before business - I don't see how it's good for business not to move you event when other companies are doing so. Not to mention when your business model is built on fostering good PR. I also have no doubt that the guys at CDPR care about human lives, so it isn't a business-only decision either.

I think you missed my caveat about sincerity and took my comment slightly out of context.

I like to think that this decision was driven by putting humanity over a profit margin, but I am not naïve and understand that the currency of goodwill is far more valuable than hard cash. There are perfectly good business reasons to delay.

No company wants to be the one to stick to the schedule when other prominent companies are delaying their events under the banner of yielding the floor to social grievance. I would hope that some company execs were driven to make these decisions on humanitarian grounds (or at least to shame the US's hypocritical culture of systemic racism), but reaping positive sentiment from the public will invariably pay dividends later on.

Top Bottom