Weekly Poll 1/6/2020 - Faction Choices!

+

So far, I prefer to help/work with:

• Total voters
Are they split into several factions?
Makes sense.

The articles I read so far always lumped them together, never mentioning any group specifically.

Anyways, I don't mind working for the corporations either if that gives me an opportunity to undermine them and stab them in the back when they least expect it.

Yep. There are multiple Nomad tribes, some small, some millions strong.

I should probably do a poll for factions not described by CDPR so far, but that would be -real- speculative. Trauma Team, Orbital Air, Aldecados, Wraiths, etc.

Will help 6th street or Mox if I can, but regarding Corp I'll go with Militech. :howdy:

Don't know why anyone would go with Arasaka. I really don't. They launched a nuke in downtown Night City.

If I get to choose an antagonist...well easy pick: they launched a nuke...in downtown Night City. :oops:

Will help 6th street or Mox if I can, but regarding Corp I'll go with Militech. :howdy:

Don't know why anyone would go with Arasaka. I really don't. They launched a nuke in downtown Night City.

That was the US govt and Militech. Arasaka didn't, ONLY because Militech beat them to it, heh. Arasaka had a "contingency nuclear weapon" in their building so they could detonate it as a last ditch resort and screw Night City. What a lovely bunch of people.

I picked Arasaka to be contrary and because their gear is so cool - I really didn't expect so many people to pick them. Generally, they are the baddest of bad guys in the setting.

That was the US govt and Militech. Arasaka didn't, ONLY because Militech beat them to it, heh. Arasaka had a "contingency nuclear weapon" in their building so they could detonate it as a last ditch resort and screw Night City. What a lovely bunch of people.

I picked Arasaka to be contrary and because their gear is so cool - I really didn't expect so many people to pick them. Generally, they are the baddest of bad guys in the setting.

Weren't there two nukes? :think:

A pocket nuke directed at Arasaka Towers(by gov't and Militech), and one by Kei Arasaka that took out downtown?

Have fun updating wikis all over, friend. :p

EDIT: Arasaka gear looks sweet! :giggle:

Weren't there two nukes? :think:

A pocket nuke directed at Arasaka Towers(by gov't and Militech), and one by Kei Arasaka that took out downtown?

Nope. That's from V3, not main line canon. Self-growing buildings, cyberwear-as-bracelets, lots of not-canon stuff in there.

The Arasaka one has vanished unto urban legend by 2045...still live, apparently.

I don't update wikis - they are pretty inaccurate and it's not my job. Fairly easy to find this stuff out accurately, though. Our Story section alone has the R. Talsorian Year of Lore. Worth a read!

Last edited:
I voted Valentinos and Tyger Claws

I wish I could voted more, maybe four choices? I wanted to choose the Maelstrom and I didn't picked a corp yet.

Now, if you want to see me really struggle to pick a side on some in-game thing, make me choose between the different food brands :oops:Are Capitán Caliente’s kibbledogs (or whatever they call chili dogs in 2077) better than Kabayan Foods’ kibble sisig? What about All Foods’ kibble meats? Buck-A-Slice kibble pizza? Argh, picking my kibble-based snack of choice is hard :p

Nope. That's from V3, not main line canon. Self-growing buildings, cyberwear-as-bracelets, lots of not-canon stuff in there.

The Arasaka one has vanished unto urban legend by 2045...still live, apparently.

I don't update wikis - they are pretty inaccurate and it's not my job. Fairly easy to find this stuff out accurately, though. Our Story section alone has the R. Talsorian Year of Lore. Worth a read!

Oh, Sard, now you're just modest. :ohstopit:

Of course you are correcting where corrections are needed. Well, the Sard I remember did anyway. I mean you corrected me just now. ;) And it's not a job, it's a calling. :p

Had no idea they changed the lore. Arasaka got the blame for the nukes, that's what I thought they went with. Guess I'll have some reading to do. :coolstory:
Hmm, shall I change my vote I wonder? :think:

And, yes, this poll should have a lot more choices or a part two. (y)

Oh, Sard, now you're just modest. :ohstopit:

Of course you are correcting where corrections are needed. Well, the Sard I remember did anyway. I mean you corrected me just now. ;) And it's not a job, it's a calling. :p

More of an addiction..you should see my CDPR Store bill. My kids have forbidden me from going there any more. They are right to do so.

Some of the error comes because Corp IV and Firestorm-Stormfront and Shockwave were orginally going to lead into Aftershock, but Aftershock became Cyberpunk V3 which was later bumped to it's own timeline, like Cybergeneration and Night's Edge.

In V3, the end of the Corp IV war and aftermath went differently than in the main timeline, but that V3 ending is spelled out more clearly, follows on from 2020 and uses dates, names etc from Firestorm: Shockwave. So that data made it's way onto the Internet and now gets confused with 2020-RED timeline. I don't bother to correct unless it shows up here or someone asks me.

So now (and for years now) it goes Cyberpunk (original, aka 2013 version), Cyberpunk 2020, Cyberpunk RED, Cyberpunk 2077.

That's a unicorn.

Yessss..yes it is!

1591474818091.png

the gang whose ideals most align with mine is maelstrom... (the only merch I could afford myself was a maelstrom t-shirt :) ) but I dont know if its possible to have meaningful dialogue with them if they are mostly batshit crazy and murderous. Other than that its mostly equal.

I want my solo to be totally badass and hang around in the Totentanz club.

Top Bottom