Guns/weapons you wanna see in Cyberpunk?

+
That is why I conceded to a sniper, acceleration is the limiting factor, and because it relies on magnetic fields along the rails you cannot just make it compact enough to be a pistol. It isn’t like smokeless gunpowder that burns fast enough that you no longer need a long barrel to reach lethal velocities. Its closer to black powder because you need the travel time along the rails. There are physical limitations (as in the physical laws of nature) that are the limiting factors. At the point of making a pistol “railgun” it would be a more effective taser.

you will always need length, the only way you can really compact it is through width.

"you will always need length, the only way you can really compact it is through width."

Yes, the physical properties and exact science that follows the laws of physics and general common sense would be appreciated from the creators. It would add realism and overall depth to the world-building. But I would not say it is impossible since it's...

*Jazz-hands*

THE FUTURE!!!!

Who knows, maybe by 2077 in reality, scientists and physicists will solve the weight/acceleration/length conundrum that has plagued pistol-railgun enthusiasts for days...
But for the game world, I don't believe the writers are gonna bore the average person with the in-depth mechanics and logistics of say, the neural implants, as much as someone nerdy, like you, or I would appreciate it. So they're most likely just going to chalk it up to a vague and convincing explanation, like, "It's the future, don't question it!!"

After all, George Lucas didn't care that star-fighters can't make a sound in space since sound-waves can't travel normally up there, and neither did we, because they sounded cool!!

Last edited:
For me, one of the most satisfying guns I’ve ever seen in a FPP game was Fallout: New Vegas’ Tri-beam Laser Rifle (the fully-modded variant). A weapon like this one, with a good combination of decent range and some bullet (or energy) spread, is something I’d be happy to have in Cyberpunk 2077, and it could even become my weapon of choice like the Tri-beam was in F:NV.

would like to see future Versions of the G3 and the MSG90 in Cyberpunk 2077 ^^
as well as a futuristic Weapon like Plasma, Laser, Railgun Rifle or something like
this

For me, one of the most satisfying guns I’ve ever seen in a FPP game was Fallout: New Vegas’ Tri-beam Laser Rifle (the fully-modded variant). A weapon like this one, with a good combination of decent range and some bullet (or energy) spread, is something I’d be happy to have in Cyberpunk 2077, and it could even become my weapon of choice like the Tri-beam was in F:NV.
one of my favorite guns in single player games is Paciencia from Fallout:NV

A good old fashioned longsword, yeah the katana is cool but a longsword is more practical and durable.
If you want practical go with an axe, spear, machete, or sledgehammer. swords really aren’t practical, worrying about edge alignment is a bitch.

If you want practical go with an axe, spear, machete, or sledgehammer. swords really aren’t practical, worrying about edge alignment is a bitch.
2000+ years of human history would say otherwise.

Relatively compact and able to put up a fight against any of those weapons mentioned with a better chance to kill than the machete and axe, swords have been the weapon of choice throughout humans history for a reason.

Relatively compact and able to put up a fight against any of those weapons mentioned with a better chance to kill than the machete and axe, swords have been the weapon of choice throughout humans history for a reason.
We probably need the fold out katana like seen in Star Trek (Sulu had) or some space compression tech like in Ultraviolet. That'd be rad. Could make it whatever width and edge style you like. I would argue future sword tech would very similar of materials, only formed into the variant you like.
o-----{==============>
====|===============--

We probably need the fold out katana like seen in Star Trek (Sulu had) or some space compression tech like in Ultraviolet. That'd be rad.

Found that gif and I think that a similar sword (with redesign for better blade length) would be awesome ^^
The sort of toy I could buy as DLC, lol.

Found that gif and I think that a similar sword (with redesign for better blade length) would be awesome ^^
The sort of toy I could buy as DLC, lol.
I thought this was a staple gun at first. but some kind of brass knuckles, or taser knuckles would be pretty sweet too. Short range blunt force trauma or shocking surprise. Flips and slides out to really cut through the competition. :)
That think is cool. I hope to see these in some cyberpunk cosplay soon.
Edit: Wait, no. CYBERknuckles!

Last edited:

They have been the weapon of choice for trained soldiers for maybe 5,500 years, spears have been around for 300,000 years. Spears require less training to stand on even ground vs a better swordsman, have a length advantage, better maneuverability, cheaper, can be thrown (atlatl, javelin, pilum).

It ain't sexy. But a simple laser dazzler would be an annoyance.
It'd amount to the flash half of a flashbang. Interesting support character choice.

Guest 4211861

That looks like the junkjet from FO4 what is it?
Thunderhead Heavy Autocannon from Deep Rock Galactic

There's also a phat revolver with a 4-shot drum, which would be at home as Johnny's self-defense weapon, intended for cyberpsychos
1098px-GearGraphic_Revolver.png

Last edited by a moderator:
i love archer's weapons. one handed crossbow as per geralt's from TW3. i really like the maneuverability of one handed crossbows (also thinking about the crossbow from Dishonored).

also @CollegeWiFi, Tech weapons in the game are magnetic propelled firearms. so they are in essence "railgun" category weapons. so the universe has figured out someway to employ magnetic propulsion to a relatively compact degree, although i have not seen one-handed tech pistols with the same magnetic propulsion. the Budget Arms Blunderbuss as seen in the gameplay demo (the Maelstrom hideout, the first shotgun V finds) is a tech shotgun.

Top Bottom