Platform Discussion Thread

+

Which API do you think CP 2077 will use?

• Total voters
CDPR is featured in those who are releasing for Stadia now:

Looking forward to Linux games from them after they get expertise from Stadia work.
Post automatically merged:

Interesting video about porting Destiny 2 to Stadia:

Last edited:
I've seen that. But not sure what kind of code it could be, that someone is making an issue out it. AMD drivers for RDNA 1 / Navi are open source, and will be open for RDNA 2 too. So anyone can study the architecture if they want to.

1586296080809.png

I hope we'll have an all black version as well, same for the console. Something that ugly can't stay in a living room.

That being said, all the features were already announced and very welcome, except for the microphone which I don't see how it can be useful. But we'll see.

What I liked:

1) ratchet and clank, not for the game itself (I'm not interested in the brand) but for those super cool transition between different worlds that are reaaaally next gen. When will it be released? 2022? 2023? 2021 games had it written.

2) HZD2 will have great graphics and... well, who knows?

3) little devil inside seems a good indie game

What I disliked:

1) the console design is pure shit, I can't edulcorate it because it wouldn't be real

2) too many teasers with not even a release year

3) no real GOOD exclusives at launch: GT7 seems a ps4 game with pop in and some ray tracing on it just because, spiderman is an expansion and it's not clear if the base game will receive any free graphics upgrade on PS5 as it is for xbox games on SX

4) sony refusing to speak about backwards compatibility, eventual smart delivery and other services, so CDPR won't tell us if cyberpunk, if TLOU2, FF7R and GoT will be get free upgrades on PS5. GODDAMN.

5) on a smaller note, I don't like the concept of temporal exclusive for big games.

The more time passes, the more I think about leaving sony after 25 years. Xbox is soooo much more appealing right now.

(Don't start with the "switch to PC" advice, I have my valid reasons to stay on console, to date)

I don't think console approach improved with this. It will stagnate again in just a few years, despite this hardware being new now. Consoles incumbents don't like fast iteration and there isn't enough competition to push them.

Regular computer gaming will remain more advanced always. The only thing that can improve it for consoles is the number of big console makers growing from 2 to something like 5 or 10. That likely won't happen though, since most aren't interested investing in the market that risks going bust in the future due to streaming services like Stadia taking its place for cheap low end gaming.

Last edited:
@Mybrokenenglish I have to say i didn`t mind the look of PS5 ( looks better than a black box :shrug:) and Horizon Zero Dawn was a really good game . The lack of info is bloody annoying , totally agree with your dislike points 2 and 4 . Seems like no one in the industry wants to give the consumers a straight answer on vital questions effecting our decisions as to if we buy their product .

PS on a small note i hated the removal of the coloured buttons on the control . It`s a iconic PS thing , i have a tee shirt of it

1591999363112.jpeg

Last edited:
@Mybrokenenglish I have to say i didn`t mind the look of PS5 ( looks better than a black box :shrug:) and Horizon Zero Dawn was a really good game .
1592039496990.png
1592039507853.png
1592039532911.png

I'm a big sucker for minimalist design, so I'm 100% for team black box this time.

The lack of info is bloody annoying , totally agree with your dislike points 2 and 4 . Seems like no one in the industry wants to give the consumers a straight answer on vital questions effecting our decisions as to if we buy their product .
Microsoft has been very clear, though. We know pretty much everything: almost all games from the last 20 years will be backwards compatible (as it is now on One X), they will receive a nice boost in terms of frame rate, AI upscaling and AI HDR for older games, all Xbox games will receive a smart delivery, for third party games (e.g. CP77) it depends on the company itself, of course...

It's Sony who refuses to talk about these things. On the other hand, the first thing announced during the conference was GTA V paid remaster coming in 2021, second was the new spiderman stand-alone DLC which will have PS5 enhancement but they didn't say anything about enhancement for PS4 spiderman on PS5... I mean, even CDPR has said SX CP77 will be free for people who have the One version, but couldn't say anything about sony's consoles due to Sony's NDA... We don't even know if PS4 CP77 will run on PS5...
I really need to know this stuff, I have a ps4 copy for CP77 pre-ordered on amazon and demand clarity because I refuse to buy the game twice because of Sony's greed. And the same is applicable to TLOU2, GoT, FF7R... I'm not buying any game on PS4 until I know if they'll run on PS5 and if theyìll receive a free/paid upgrade. This is freaking annoying because TLOU2 seems to be a masterpiece and is coming in 6 days... I don't trust sony, its policies have not been pro-consumer at all at least in recent past.

Last edited:
The Xbox is cool but I don't personally see any purpose for it since I already have a PC. I will most likely get the PS5 at some point though. For those Sony 1st parties.

Also what the PS5 can do with its architecture and SSD is pretty insane. And something even the top end PCs at the moment can't replicate.

Screenshot_1.png

I mean, they eventually will ofc, but for now this is very impressive feat. And they demonstrated that in the R&C demo with the rift jump mechanic where entire levels were loaded in an instant.

Last edited:
That won't last for long, since PC iterates fast and regularly. PS5 will be stuck with what it has for years, while everything else will get PCIe5 and DDR5 to benefit from.

Also, if prices will finally drop for HBM modules, GPUs will have really good performing VRAM too.

That won't last for long, since PC iterates fast and regularly. PS5 will be stuck with what it has for years, while everything else will get PCIe5 and DDR5 to benefit from.

Also, if prices will finally drop for HBM modules, GPUs will have really good performing VRAM too.

it's not a bandwidth advangtage though, is an I/O management advantage. until that comes to PC the PS 5 is just going to be faster at loading games.

Top Bottom