Are you worried about the Cyberpunk 2077 reviews?

+
I'm really hoping that Cyberpunk 2077 gets at least a 97 on Metacritic making it slightly better than The Last of Us 2. I'm just afraid that the The Last of Us 2 will end up being game of the year and having the better score on Metacritic than Cyberpunk 2077. I'm worried that Cyberpunk 2077 will get below a 90 on Metacritic.

Are you worried? Do you think that Cyberpunk 2077 can be game of the year and get 97 on Metacritic?

Guest 4392008

girl metacritic's game of the year was only worth considering in the 90's
in the 90's it was really good or was that PC gamer
anyway don't worry if metacritic gives 84 to fnv then heed it no mind

Why on earth should I care if CP77 gets the GOTY instead of TLOU2 or any other game? The best game will get it, the one which deserves it. And none of the above games has been released yet, so we don't know their quality.

Blindly supporting a multibillionaire company is one of the worst things that can be done, and I speak generally, not related to CDPR. I like their style, I support their games with my money (when I like them), but there's no way I'll behave like a hooligan for them.

Also, my GOTY doesn't necessarily match with the official GOTY.

P.S. btw, TLOU2 seems to be an excellent game.

Yes, because I want to write my own. Ofc I'm very concerned about IGN, RPS and oneangrygamer getting all the attention.

It likely won't get above low 90s. Couple of reasons for that: most games that get super high (95+) scores are made by industry darlings like Rockstar, Naughty Dog, Nintendo etc. I don't think it's the reviewers getting compensated or anything like that, but something else is in play. It could be that they make very mainstream games and appeal to a larger audience, or it could have something to do with access to publisher privileges and advertising. Either way, CDPR is definitely not an industry darling with regard to their reputation among gaming media and critics. Their games have been too divisive and their employees have said unpopular things. They won't get the kid glove treatment.

I'm just worried about negative review nombs happening if the game didn't cater to the unrealistic expectations some people may have abot this game. But if that happens those reviewes will probably get deleted quickly tbh lol.

It's hard for me to imagine worrying about reviews for a video game that is still a few months from being released. Do I think it will get a 97 Metacritic rating? No way -- expectations are too high. Do I think it will win game of the year? Almost certainly. It's the big release of the year. The only way it won't win GOTY is if it's a bug fest.

It likely won't get above low 90s. Couple of reasons for that: most games that get super high (95+) scores are made by industry darlings like Rockstar, Naughty Dog, Nintendo etc. I don't think it's the reviewers getting compensated or anything like that, but something else is in play. It could be that they make very mainstream games and appeal to a larger audience, or it could have something to do with access to publisher privileges and advertising. Either way, CDPR is definitely not an industry darling with regard to their reputation among gaming media and critics. Their games have been too divisive and their employees have said unpopular things. They won't get the kid glove treatment.

I agree. CDPR gathered a lot of consumer love since they started and it pays off tremendously when it comes to their reputation among gamers, word of mouth marketing and sometimes even defending the company on the webz.

Gaming media outlets are more of a mixed bag. There are definitely a few out there that view CDPR in a balanced(or sometimes even slightly favourable) way, like Eurogamer, PC Gamer, Gamespot. But as you said - due to CDPR games content and some things they said in the past there will definitely be media that will give CDPR hard time and biased reviews(Polygon, RPS etc)

There are more reasons to this, but if I was to explain it in more detail I would have to get into political discussion, and then most probably ban myself, so I won't go that way for now :)

All I hope to see from the few reviews that I may happen to read is the lack of unnecessary political, racial or any other agenda. Cyberpunk 2077 is something that I wish to see judged fairly and sincerely, not like that one time when people freaked out over the in-game advertisement.

I don’t give a hoot about reviews.
I worry about the game and how it feels to me.
I am the same as Kofeiiniturpa. If it's fun and makes me feel part of the game world I'll play that game no matter the reviews.
If I am interested in a game I'll go and watch live streams on twitch, videos on twitch and youtube, and read on the associated forum how the game is.

Now, I do read some reviews when the curiosity gets me, to see how people think, or to see gaming media journalism skills.
This is because I am always curious and interested in observing how others react and think.

Guest 3573786

Not really. Gaming sites are by and large a complete joke, little more than publisher mouthpieces these days. I'll look to user scores and certain youtuber reviews.

Guest 4211861

I'm not worried about it, although CDPR does tend to set a high bar expectation-wise.

I'm more worried about surviving.

Top Bottom