The sheer scale of Night City

+
So, even though I’m a bit overwhelmed with the amount of content shown today, I still couldn’t keep my eyes off the Night City aerial view concept art. And well, suddenly something caught my eye: a green patch of land behind where Japantown is supposedly located. What could that place be?

Well, I found the answer not long afterwards on the game’s subreddit:

cyberpunk2077-westbrook-exteriors-north-oak-rgb-1593035831032.jpg

[Source]

That definitely looks like some fancy corpo estate! It seems to be 2077’s version of North Oaks, now a part of Westbrook. There might be some more info about the place on the sourcebooks but I’ll look for it another day.

That concept art of North Oak looks kinda like it may be separate from the main city. Still curious if that area across from V's apartment is Westbrook or Kubaki ... North Oaks and Japantown are supposed to be somewhat near each other in Westbrook.

Some guy on reddit compared the driving segment to the map and its fairly accurate, and at the very end you can see "entering Little China" so the very japanese-y area V was driving in is surely Kabuki
also in the fist fighting mission, it tells you to meet the twins in Kabuki, where you can see that area across the river
at this point, i find it hard to believe that CDPR made a sub district occupies both sides of the river, especially after having that complete look of NC concept art

aa.jpg

but also, we didn't get to see much of Westbrook, like 2 or 3 shots from the entire trailer, no gameplay

Some guy on reddit compared the driving segment to the map and its fairly accurate, and at the very end you can see "entering Little China" so the very japanese-y area V was driving in is surely Kabuki
also in the fist fighting mission, it tells you to meet the twins in Kabuki, where you can see that area across the river
at this point, i find it hard to believe that CDPR made a sub district occupies both sides of the river, especially after having that complete look of NC concept art
But on the map Kubaki is labled on the other side of that canal. So ... ? I get that Metro maps are not to scale, but you would think an entire sub-district would be on the correct side of a body of water.

pasted image 0.png

And Japantown is a good ways away to the North and East of little China on the Map. They don't seem like neighbors.

Last edited:
Correction: A line is 3 seconds, not 12 seconds (I'm wrong, I'm sorry)

1. A line represents 3 seconds (about 90~100 per hour)

373957.jpg

2. From the northernmost side (A) to the southernmost side (B), 64 lines (192 seconds) are used, so the map can be
crossed in about 3 minutes

4535454385.jpg

******************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
The missing part of the map above :

0b5a62e03765b2b0ff010f16fdd5ed82.jpg

Last edited:
wait...!

35km from point a to point B??? cant be that BIG.

are u sure is not 35 square KM?

a city 35km large seems too unreal

and we missing badlands to the south and junkyard to the north of point A

I messed up. The car is going 100 mph not 100 km/h.

So the calculation comes to 44,7 m/s. Which makes it 35 km!

Correction: A line is 3 seconds, not 12 seconds (I'm wrong, I'm sorry) :giveup:

1. A line represents 3 seconds (about 90~100 per hour)

2. From the northernmost side (A) to the southernmost side (B), 64 lines (192 seconds) are used, sothe map can be crossed in about 3 minutes

Top Bottom