Innkeeper Elsa at White Orchard, Gwent bug or mod incompatibility?

+
I have just started a fresh playthrough on Witcher 3, I'm obviously going for the Collect 'em All quest and since I'm still really early in the story I wanted to ask you guys about the Innkeeper Elsa.

When I visited the Inkeep with Vesemir I obviously bought all of her available cards, after that, I played gwent with the scholar which gave me the book "A Miraculous Guide to Gwent". Anyway, I meditated for a while, then I went back to the Innkeeper and she had another decoy on her inventory, I bought it, did a quicksave, reloaded the game and meditated further and apparently when her stock refreshed she had the same decoy in her inventory. I am really curious if that happens by default or if I just bumped into a possible bug which will inevitably prevent me for collecting every gwent card. I am not using any mods that alter Gwent, either the AI or the cards. I know Gwent cards are hardcoded into the save file and once you use a mod which either adds or removes cards from the main game it will irreversibly break the quest. The only mod that I use which is relevant to Gwent is: Missing Gwent Cards Tracker mod or Collect 'em All Quest Helper mod. That mod doesn't do much other than edit the gwent book which helps you track down every card with ease.

So did this bug occur to anyone else? I've stopped playing for a bit because I really want an answer to that question, so far, only Elsa restocks that specific card and I'd really love to know if it happens to anyone else.

I doubt it's a bug; I can find it reported all the way back in summer 2015, and it's always happened in my game. The same thing happens with at least Scorch at a different inn.

Afaik there's no special card you need more than one copy of to complete Collect 'Em All, and three is definitely enough.

Oh, thank god I'm relieved to hear that! I had so many gwent mods on my previous playthroughs and I've never actually managed to get the Collect 'em All achievement. My game was sooo bugged that I'd get random gwent cards just by exploring. This time around I'm paying much closer attention to my mods! Thanks for the info and sorry for bringing this question up again.

Top Bottom