[Post 1.10] Broken audio after playing for 10-15 minutes

+
[Post 1.10] Broken audio after playing for 10-15 minutes

Like what the title said, post 1.10 I can't play for more than 15 minutes without the audio starting to stutter and make sputtering sounds.
It's like loading up a scratched CD to a CD player.

It usually starts if Geralt walks to a place with a lot of audio/things going on at once, like entering a battle or a crowded place in a city. Once it starts, I can relieve it for a moment by opening up the menu or entering the pause screen, but it will come up again randomly even when I'm just walking around in an empty area in the wilderness. But the worse is always when Geralt enters another battle/crowded place. This is seriously annoying and also literally hurting my ears .

Once I entered a cutscene after the sputtering began and the person talking was cut off before he finished what he was saying. It's like I pushed the skip button but I didn't.

Playing on Steam. Already verified the game files, updated to the latest nvidia driver even audio driver. I also have deleted the settings files since I also got the FPS drop post 1.10.
FPS is fixed but now I have this annoying audio glitch. Any help is appreciated.

I know this is an old post but it's a shame that it hasn't been replied to. I have this exact same issue, and some solutions that might work could be updating your BIOS to default settings or uninstalling and reinstalling your drivers. Frankly, I've tried almost every method I could find on the internet to no avail, but it could work for others.

Top Bottom