Night City Wire - Media, News & Previews - links and discussion

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
I mean, not know where things are going is part of the fun.

Of course, I don't mean things like: If you do this, you'll have the possibility to save X from death.
That would spoil the game.

I meant things like: Katana level 4 = being able to make an Iaijutsu strike even in Dialogue. Cool is making you intimidating. Athletics make you able to make wall runs.
In essence; making the player aware of all things they build choices implies (without telling them it will happens).
No one would want to put point in Intelligence thinking it would help them fix broken things (cause they are, well more Intelligent) only to discover that it's what Tech stat is for.

All these things one may not know if there is not a good enough tooltip because it is a game system and not reality so logic may differ between the dev' and the player, it's just a matter of understanding.

Of course, I don't mean things like: If you do this, you'll have the possibility to save X from death.
That would spoil the game.

I meant things like: Katana level 4 = being able to make an Iaijutsu strike even in Dialogue. Cool is making you intimidating. Athletics make you able to make wall runs.
In essence; making the player aware of all things they build choices implies (without telling them it will happens).
No one would want to put point in Intelligence thinking it would help them fix broken things (cause they are, well more Intelligent) only to discover that it's what Tech stat is for.

All these things one may not know if there is not a good enough tooltip because it is a game system and not reality so logic may differ between the dev' and the player, it's just a matter of understanding.
I think if I understood the previews correctly, you can see all the possible perks you could get from the start, and then figure out a preferred path. You just can't choose them all based on your stats/skills.

Nah, I realized it was a terrible example on my part but my point still stands for side missions.

All RDR2 has loads of side content constantly available, and you can explore most of the map at any time. Which I think is different from what you were accusing RDR2 for.

The main criticism against RDR2 is that once a mission starts, you are on rails and everything else is sort of unavailable. Between missions, theres lots to choose from, including doing immersive stuff like chopping firewood, carrying pails of water or going fishing/hunting alongside actual missions.

• Katana gameplay looks clunky as hell, like swinging a trashcan, whatever, I don't really want to play with katanas. And was that player seriously trying to block bullets with a sword? Ur not supposed to block anything with a sword, that's what shields are for.
  • Fist fights also look clunky as hell, the character stretches his arm out ridiculously. Ur not supposed to stretch ur arms that far, the opponent could catch them and throw you. Come on people, this isn't that hard to grasp.
  • Driving looks fine.
  • Shooting looks solid, can't complain at all about that.
  • Stealth looks like a joke - 10 metres away and they can't see me? Seriously? What is this, Thief 1?
If I would play this game, I would play someone who goes loud with firearms.
RDR2 had much better fights (+ wounds/marks on the face/body)
A game of 2018 :(

RDR2 had much better fights (+ wounds/marks on the face/body)
100% true, but Rockstar games can't be taken as a comparison meter for any game in terms of pure technical aspects. Their budget is pretty much infinite.

I would take dying light as a better comparison meter and yes, it has way better melee and contextual animations, with an extremely smaller budget than CP77 and it's also from 2015. I think CDPR has underestimated the importance of animations until 2019 when media complained. At that point they opened several positions for animators. Gunplay was the number 1 priority and has been fixed in 1 year of work, let's see if they make a miracle in the next 4 months (or more in case of another delay) for melee.

100% true, but Rockstar games can't be taken as a comparison meter for any game in terms of pure technical aspects. Their budget is pretty much infinite.

I would take dying light as a better comparison meter and yes, it has way better melee and contextual animations, with an extremely smaller budget than CP77 and it's also from 2015. I think CDPR has underestimated the importance of animations until 2019 when media complained. At that point they opened several positions for animators. Gunplay was the number 1 priority and has been fixed in 1 year of work, let's see if they make a miracle in the next 4 months (or more in case of another delay) for melee.
RDR2 melee is still very bad, and this is not suitable for 2077 style.

Thanks for the information!
I didn't see anything about the flathead cyberspace in these previews. I am really worried about them. LOL
By the way, the dev mentioned that player can use something like glass bottles as temporary weapons. I am not sure whether we can still do that in the game.

Then why media doesn't complained about 2018 demo?

I think if I understood the previews correctly, you can see all the possible perks you could get from the start, and then figure out a preferred path. You just can't choose them all based on your stats/skills.

That's what I understand too.
And perks seems qui be quite well explained too, and that's a good things.
But stat description seems underwhelming from what I've seen until now (that is "indirect description made by journalist", through) and I've yet to see something about skill tooltip.
Post automatically merged:

You know that Rockstar in 2018 isn't any game from 2018, they have like unlimited budget for their game.

I don't think this is completely new to you, but just in case I'll post here.

Today we Japanese have got a good article that introduces the details of hands-on. I picked out some tidbits related to the original lore from it.
Source: https://doope.jp/2020/07105236.html

------------------------------------------

Regarding CDPR’s approaches to the original Cyberpunk series:

The author said that they got a briefing moment before hands-on that Johnny Silverhand wouldn’t come along on this demo. In addition to that, REDs said that “Cyberpunk 2077 doest’t follow the original Cyberpunk series completely in developing, but there are some stuff that would satisfy you if you’re familiar with the original.”

then after playing demo, he wrote:
“But, I underestimated REDs explanation about the original lore on Cyberpunk 2077”
He said: CDPR seems to go all out to meet the expectations of original fans. As expected of the involvement of Mike Pondsmith in the development from the beginning, it’s not like we’re talking about some easter eggs nor something else that makes you just happy. So much more.
In reality, it’s a tremendous big story from the beginning with original-based characters as legendary as Johnny appearing (or being mentioned) and foreshadowing stuff which was left unexplained in the original Cyberpunk series are pulled together one after the other.

more specifically (spoiler alert!):
  • Saburo Arasaka still be alive (158 years old)
  • Yorinobu runs Arasaka now
  • In the elevator of Arasaka building (the author played as Corporate), he was able to see the PV looking back at the company’s history, which was a full-fledged video that completely followed the art style of the illustrations in the original (he meant “original” as Nippon Sourcebook)
  • Adam Smasher confirmed (as you already know)
  • There are rumors everywhere that Morgan Blackhand may still be alive
  • Rogue runs the Afterlife now
  • Crystal Palace still exists

One more thing; he also said…
However, even if you’re not familiar with the original, it’s safe to say that you’ll enjoy Cyberpunk 2077 just like TW3. It looks like CDPR have got the know-how through the development of The Witcher series good enough to accomplish this kind of stuff.

Saburo Arasaka still be alive (158 years old)

I bet he will be like Mr.House in Fallout New Vegas.... Very cyberpunk-y tbh :D

Also, someone pointed out that Adam Smasher should be something like 113 years old too, since the source material says he was in the army in 1980s. Assuming he went there at age 18, you could calculate the age from that.

ps. Following the report of censored Japanese version of CP2077, we already got confirmation of we here in Finland getting the uncensored version :D Im so happy

Got curious what CP2077 reddit is up too and found this discussion that talks about this kotaku news: https://www.kotaku.com.au/2020/07/cyberpunk-2077-will-be-a-directx-12-exclusive-on-pc/

If that's the case then I can expect specs like these:

- Operating system: Win 10, maybe Win 7 since it got directx 12 support (but is a dying OS);
- Ram: 8GB min, 16GB max;
- Video card: Nvidia 1000 series and up (1060 and up), and AMD equivalent;
- CPU: this one I have no idea. The equivalent to a console one, I assume. I have an i5-2500k, but I kinda expect an i7 to be minimum.

- CPU: this one I have no idea. The equivalent to a console one, I assume. I have an i5-2500k, but I kinda expect an i7 to be minimum.
I would say an i5-5XXX and an Nvidia 900 would be min recommended, not that it would run particularly high settings. i highly doubt an i7 would be min

Got curious what CP2077 reddit is up too and found this discussion that talks about this kotaku news: https://www.kotaku.com.au/2020/07/cyberpunk-2077-will-be-a-directx-12-exclusive-on-pc/

If that's the case then I can expect specs like these:

- Operating system: Win 10, maybe Win 7 since it got directx 12 support (but is a dying OS);
- Ram: 8GB min, 16GB max;
- Video card: Nvidia 1000 series and up (1060 and up), and AMD equivalent;
thats all nice and dandy but they should clarifiy what these requirements are meant to represent
RDR2 was a harsh lesson, for example, its recommend GPU is 1060
but even on medium you could barely hit 60fps with it regardless of which API you're using

- Discussion of approaching quests when underleveled (it did not go well)
- Apparently not going to be forced to eat, though food and drinks are there if you want to role play that (not survival mode style in preview builds)
- Driving is "fine" and "pretty good" but not fantastic (compared more to functional driving a la GTA or Roach in TW3 ... not a dedicated racer) - car combat sections were discussed as being cool. Nice vehicles felt better than vans.
- NPC crowd systems were complimented, NPCs are going their own things - "quite alive and dynamic"
- Scanner gives you information about NPCs on street
- Lifepaths definitely do effect dialogue choices
- Rampaging against NPCs confirmed - can become wanted with escalating police response
- Nudity can show up without warning

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom