District feature: Watson

+
Curious minds want to know. Is the area to the left (across the canal from V's apartment) Kubaki or Westbrook/Japantown?

I think they're:
  • Westbrook's Japantown on the left/east.
  • Watson's Kabuki on the center and right foreground/northwest.
  • City Center on the center and right background/west.

I think they're:
  • Westbrook's Japantown on the left/east.
  • Watson's Kabuki on the center and right foreground/northwest.
  • City Center on the center and right background/west.

Nah. V's apartment is in Watson, Little China specifically. Both Little China and Kabuki are on the same side of the canal that separates Watson and Westbrook.

But personally I suspect there is a semi-hidden canal that separates Watson into North- and South-Watson.

V is looking due east. So directly ahead is Westbrook. Kabuki is northeast or to the left of V and City Centre is due south or right from V's position.

VWindowLandmark.jpg

WestbrookLandmarks3.jpg

VWindowRaw.jpg

NCRaw.jpg

Last edited:
But the metro map (which I will grant you are not to scale maps) says the other side of that canal is Kubaki (which we know is in Watson). Also in the 2019 trailer, it showed that specific part of the city just before labeling the place V was in as Kubaki, Watson. There are facts to support and contradict either interpretation. Which is why I said, curious minds want to know ...

But the metro map (which I will grant you are not to scale maps) says the other side of that canal is Kubaki (which we know is in Watson). Also in the 2019 trailer, it showed that specific part of the city just before labeling the place V was in as Kubaki, Watson. There are facts to support and contradict either interpretation. Which is why I said, curious minds want to know ...

Like I indicated, I believe there is a thus far unspotted canal in Night City.

NCHiddenCanal.jpg

Last edited:
I'm talking about this stubby canal highlighted in the lime box;
I know. But IF that canal is some smaller one in Watson we haven't seen in the gameplay ... then the giant one we have seen in the gamplay is not showing up on the map at all. It's pretty clear to me that the canal we have seen in the gameplay is that same one you just circled on that map. That was my entire point. Which is why, according to the metro map, Kubaki would be the area on the other side of the canal from V's apartment. I'm not saying that's what it will end up being (it probably is more like that it is Westbrook and that the metro map is just wrong), but it is unclear from the info we have have so far.

Last edited:
I know. But IF that canal is some smaller one in Watson we haven't seen in the gameplay ... then the giant one we have seen in the gamplay is not showing up on the map at all. It's pretty clear to me that the canal we have seen in the gameplay is that same one you just circled on that map. That was my entire point. Which is why, according to the metro map, Kubaki would be the area on the other side of the canal from V's apartment. I'm not saying that's what it will end up being (it probably more like that it is Westbrook and that the metro map is just wrong), but it is unclear from the info we have have so far.

The "hidden canal" is a part of the big canal we have seen. And so it's indicated as a part of the whole on the metro map.

Images are from the 2018 demo and the new 25 min b-roll/demo, found on Parris's channel.

I have highlighted the presense of water in blue and the presumed location of the car in the 2018 demo in lime on the minimap, in addition to the highlighting of landmarks in lime.

NCKabukiDriveBridge.jpg
NCKabukiDriveCellTower.jpg

NCKabukiDriveAdPanel.jpg

Finally the Quadra in paraller intersections with 2018 location highlighted in lime on the minimap and the ad panels also highlighted;
NCKabukiDriveIntersection.jpg

Last edited:
Still wouldn't explain why Kubaki would be on the other side of the big canal then on the map.

Still wouldn't explain why Kubaki would be on the other side of the big canal then on the map.

Because the big canal has a "hidden" smaller offshoot that is between Little China and Kabuki-cho.

I dug up the old yellow bookcover that has the rough layout of the city. The section with blue highlights is where there is water and the red highlight is where I think the "hidden" canal separating Little China and Kabuki-cho is located. How far inland it goes, I don't know.

NCBookMapWatsonCanal.jpg

Because the big canal has a "hidden" smaller offshoot that is between Little China and Kabuki-cho.

I dug up the old yellow bookcover that has the rough layout of the city. The section with blue highlights is where there is water and the red highlight is where I think the "hidden" canal separating Little China and Kabuki-cho is located. How far inland it goes, I don't know.
I just dont trust the fan made labels. We shall see.

I just dont trust the fan made labels. We shall see.

I placed those labels based on what has been shown in the demos and now in this thread. The only label that has any doubt is Westbrook.

I can prove my case watertightly if you'd like.

VelWu

Forum regular
Kabuki reminds me of the streets back home. Arasaka looks like that fancy company where I applied for a job but got rejected.

Why V's default apartment is chosen to be in Little China I do not understand. But I do hope as the game progresses we'll be able to customize that apartment extensively, or move-to/acquire properties elsewhere. Reasons for multiple playthroughs, if nothing else.

Kabuki reminds me of the streets back home. Arasaka looks like that fancy company where I applied for a job but got rejected.

Why V's default apartment is chosen to be in Little China I do not understand. But I do hope as the game progresses we'll be able to customize that apartment extensively, or move-to/acquire properties elsewhere. Reasons for multiple playthroughs, if nothing else.

Not a lot of customizing in V apartment only small changes from your Life Path and journey thru the game .

VelWu

Forum regular
Not a lot of customizing in V apartment only small changes from your Life Path and journey thru the game .

Here I thought we're about to have 9 properties in all 9 holds and have 9 spouses like we did in Skyrim. :sneaky:
Okay, I made it up. You can only have 1 spouse in Skyrim. Unless you mod it.

Sounds like it will be like Skyhold in Dragon Age Inquisitions or the Normandy in Mass Effect. Guess we'll see.

Top Bottom