What is the fun in playing Nilfgaard?

+
Karyan has 3 consume charges with Zeal and is often used with Caranthir plus Deithlaff or Ruehin shenanigans yet I don’t see anyone calling for changes/nerfs. Unfortunately most people only ever cry foul when it’s Nilfgaard

That’s because there are plenty of counters for Kayran - and the cards you mention don’t touch the other side of the board.

(TIL: Caranthir/Kayran combo - I usually see Caranthir run with something like Living Armor or the Beast.)

CPR clearly has a long lasting love for Nilfgraard, after the Master Mirror update game feels more balanced between the factions (For me atleast)...until you play Nilfgaard. In Round 3 second last card, just play Fergus var Emreis, a 7 for 7 card that gives spying to 3 enemies as it's DEPLOY ability (note not an order) and then for your last card, because hey the skill involved in finishing this combo is to much, just finishes this skill full combo off with Userper Emperor, which seizes all spying operatives because hey why not just give this card Order with Zeal because it's not OP enough. GG
Chill, Fergus has no Synergy with Usurper, Usurper only Siezes Operatives, NGs new token(?), Not all Spies.
Post automatically merged:

Karyan has 3 consume charges with Zeal and is often used with Caranthir plus Deithlaff or Ruehin shenanigans yet I don’t see anyone calling for changes/nerfs. Unfortunately most people only ever cry foul when it’s Nilfgaard
That is not a shenanigan, Kayran is a 6 for 8, these are fairly balanced, even weak, Kayran+Dettlaf is 21 Value with 18 Cost, that plays into tall and can easily get punished.

Chill, Fergus has no Synergy with Usurper, Usurper only Siezes Operatives, NGs new token(?), Not all Spies.

That is not a shenanigan, Kayran is a 6 for 8, these are fairly balanced, even weak, Kayran+Dettlaf is 21 Value with 18 Cost, that plays into tall and can easily get punished.
If it’s his/her last play then nope it can’t be countered. At most you can try to lock or banish the multiple deathlaffs. The Kayran plus Ruehin/Deathlaff combo can be played in the short round hence bleeding them in round 2 can be pretty risky

Why is it unfortunate? :/

OMG. Thank you very much!

That's very useful information XD

DRK3

Forum veteran
I like these new NG decks, they can either go more offensive or defensive(self boosts), or a mix of both. They're certainly better than stupid poison, have played over 80 matches since patch and have yet to see a single NG poison.

Insane Spies Mirror Match Pt2.jpg

My 1st spies deck, it failed most of the times, but on a mirror match, i had this awesome match just filled with informants and seditious aristocrats, where the opponent left his evolving card for last, but since both my rows were full, it didnt generate the operatives or trigger the aristocrats!

Its fun to play lockdown, and win with inferior provision points, the games usually become closer with only 1-3 poins in difference, its exciting.

And to the complainers about Assire, it is a card that allows interesting combos not only with m. ball but also with portal, double portal could be played before with caretaker, now only NG can do it with oneiromancy giving it more consistency.

People seem to complain to much, right now skellige is dominating, and people are still bitching about NG? I've enjoyed NR lately since I decided to switch main faction, branch out and all that as I have done everything with NG. But now I'm trying to find an anti SK meta deck with either lockdown or enslave. You can blame SK for this.

I like these new NG decks, they can either go more offensive or defensive(self boosts), or a mix of both. They're certainly better than stupid poison, have played over 80 matches since patch and have yet to see a single NG poison.

View attachment 11049974

My 1st spies deck, it failed most of the times, but on a mirror match, i had this awesome match just filled with informants and seditious aristocrats, where the opponent left his evolving card for last, but since both my rows were full, it didnt generate the operatives or trigger the aristocrats!
Every single NG I encountered, are Poisen NG, every single, with the addition of new cards, it's even more Overpowered, I'm getting 2/0ed literally, and I'm in Pro rank, this is really frustrating, you can't even play Swarm Vs them now, since your board is filled with Spies, I just had to burn three cards! For god sake I was expecting not to see this NG that much, but it is the same, even worse.
Not to mention My crew set up with NR deck is getting messed up everytime.
Edit: There is a 50-50 Chance that I can beat them with SK, up or down 3-6 points usually, but with the rest it's absolutele annihilation.

Last edited:

DRK3

Forum veteran
Every single NG I encountered, are Poisen NG, every single, with the addition of new cards, it's even more Overpowered, I'm getting 2/0ed literally, and I'm in Pro rank, this is really frustrating, you can't even play Swarm Vs them now, since your board is filled with Spies, I just had to burn three cards! For god sake I was expecting not to see this NG that much, but it is the same, even worse.
Not to mention My crew set up with NR deck is getting messed up everytime.
Edit: There is a 50-50 Chance that I can beat them with SK, up or down 3-6 points usually, but with the rest it's absolutele annihilation.

Im sorry to hear that, im lucky that i havent faced a single NG poison since update, then again im not playing in pro rank, they've probably realized already that NG Poison is still plenty viable, if not even more.

And i know what you're saying, i was facing a new spies deck and i was playing NR swarm with the new awesome frigate. I recognized in R1 he would flood my board on a long R3 and i wouldnt have space, so i won R1 and decided to push R2. He was gonna do the operator+seditious aristocrats thing, i play my defender to keep him from copying the one he put on my board and the bastard pulls a totally RNG Vincent VM out of his deck (still with 11 cards) to immediately destroy my defender... I rageforfeited so hard.

9p card wins the game again:
- no need to think, no need to strategize, no intricate maneuver towards an objective, just play it and win the game,
just steal the opponents card WITH A 9P CARD

:shrug::shrug::shrug::shrug::shrug::shrug::shrug::shrug::shrug::shrug::shrug::shrug::shrug::shrug::shrug:

You can't even be mad. You didn't have last say and you put all of your stats into 1 unit fully knowing invocation exists. If you are gonna play a gimmicky meme deck you can't get salty when you lose to a more refined and viable deck.

Updated NG poison is now more OP, because NG have more control of different states and steal units.
Not necesary concrete leader.

I'm going to play more with my no unit decks.

Guest 4368268

Made a NG deck I found to be pretty fun to pilot. It's essentially a hybrid list that utilizes several 'archetypes' in enslave(5)/spies/ball/assimilate and I find the four of them actually make a lot of sense put together. It has a good balance between pro and reactivity (which I've struggled to achieve with NG in the past) it's also a devotion list.

This is where Nilfgaard shines for me. Because with a deck like that, where your strategy can significantly differ depending on the match-up, you actually experience a lot of games that feel genuinely distinct rather than just playing your cards in the same order game after game. I like(d) Lippy lists, but that would probably be my biggest knock on a deck like that. You always basically end up sequencing the same. Nilfgaard due to its diverse nature offers more variety.

Which is why I'd not wanna play a full on enslave 6 or double ball deck. Because that takes the interesting factor away for me.

I'm still baffled as to why Assire wasn't limited to unit cards, thus allowing the continuation of double ball. And to anyone still running double ball, you're played out and try something new for once.
Assire isn't the one to blame. Scenarios should've been doomed in the first place.
This kind of roundabout not really touching the real issue sort of balancing ruins the game in the long run by slowly removing unique functions forever, this happened in the beta as well.
RIP harmony.

NG leader abilities don't even need to meet the criteria to work.
Nice try, but nothing in Imposter's ability description says the Lock has to work. The opponent targeted the Veiled unit with Imposter's Lock, Veil repelled the Lock, and the unit was copied.

This was rich, NG Imposter "locked" a Veiled unit (which obviously didn't lock) but still spawned a copy +2 points on their side. NG leader abilities don't even need to meet the criteria to work.
A similar thing happens with Vigo's Muzzle if you use it to seize a veiled unit. The unit doesn't lock, but the seize still works. Quite useful to bear in mind if using Muzzle to seize one of the new mid range gold cards such as Apiarian Phantom, Herkja, Egmund, Urcheron, etc. as it means you don't need to purify it (and thus lose the veiled status) to gain the benefit of the card's engine or order ability.

Well, unlike Muzzle, which says "Lock and Seize", Impostor says Lock, THEN spawn a copy, so to me that does imply the lock has to succeed.
Very good point! Wording the ability description with "then" does very much imply that the lock has to work before the spawn & copy ability. Looking at the other leader and card ability descriptions which use the word "then", they all require the first action to trigger successfully before the subsequent action can trigger.

Top Bottom