Leader Ability play rates and win rates in Season of Magic

+

Burza46

CD PROJEKT RED
Hello!
We're back again with some more data form Season of Magic! Like last time we have the leader ability play rate and win rate sorted by rank (see image below).

You can also download the data in .xlsx format here.

Season_Of_Magic_data.png

Enjoy!
Burza

Hahahahahahahahaha.
They nerfed (killed) Harmony, didn't touch the elves. Both faction had aproximately equal win rate. Why spoil it for every harmony player, when Double Waters with ME is the problem?
#CDPR logic :ok:

Hello!
We're back again with some more data form Season of Magic! Like last time we have the leader ability play rate and win rate sorted by rank.
Hi Burza, thanks for the stats. As you see, some decks are being played 35 times more often than others.
Could you please work further on the balance so that we all can be competitive with those abilities that see less than 1 playrate.

DRK3

Forum veteran
Take a good look guys, that's the last time you'll see green at the top for the upcoming times...

And on the other side... always Invigorate at the bottom. Yesterday i actually tried an Invigorate deck, since i needed 3 ST wins for the faction challenge. I put the best ST cards with the best point/provision ratio, and still it took me over 2 hours just to get those 3 wins, i immediately deleted the deck afterward.

I applaud those using Invigorate in Pro Rank, a 29.8% winrate is still better than what i got with it in unranked, which was probably like ~20%.

• RED Point
Reactions: rrc
Oh look, MEcho Harmony is on top by 0.5% win rate over the next best leader! Let's give it a 50% nerf! "Better than removing it completely!"
Oh look, Invigorate is under 30% win rate and no one plays it! Let's do nothing!
I'd take Harmony over that Skellige nonsense any day

• RED Point
Well, this only shows that despite the rage against Scoia'tael, things were very equilibrated, all round ~ 50% winrate. So, killing harmony was pretty undeserved.

• RED Point
I'd take Harmony over that Skellige nonsense any day
True. Against a proaktive engine deck you have allway options for controll or to bleed them / put them in an arkward spot. Damage engines with high resilience are toxic for the game, while fun to play sometimes they kill so many other decks. Devs allready realised it nerfing NR after the rework and the bounty balanced SY ability to just remove everything. Problem with SK is it is their theme. Either the GS and support is bad or it is very opressive.

I know lots of people were enoyed by harmony ME and me probably not only because I took a long brake between rise and fall of harmony. But I think the Harmony ME deck was the best orientation point of a meta we had. While beeing strong in all rounds it was never oppressive. I would rather see other options rise or slight nerfes to keep it in check then killing it. We can see the Elves deck as a good example and perhabs soldiers-ball and passiflora decks, too.
A rather sad example is the midrange NR. Igroring every great idea that was ever put into that faction. (Btw I never get why cards like Radeyah and Falibor have that big bodys attached to their abilitys.)

Last edited:
Well, this only shows that despite the rage against Scoia'tael, things were very equilibrated, all round ~ 50% winrate. So, killing harmony was pretty undeserved.
That is basically the highest winrate it can have, 55-60 is no joke, while being played much more than the rest, that means it was extremely Overpowered.

The devs used a sledgehammer to solve a problem that required a scalpel. A simple provision cap on the card that ME could replay would very likely have solved the Double Waters problem; but instead they came up with something that trashed Harmony altogether. I wouldn’t be surprised to see COH join Invigorate at the bottom next season - assuming anyone even bothers to play it.

Take a good look guys, that's the last time you'll see green at the top for the upcoming times...

And on the other side... always Invigorate at the bottom. Yesterday i actually tried an Invigorate deck, since i needed 3 ST wins for the faction challenge. I put the best ST cards with the best point/provision ratio, and still it took me over 2 hours just to get those 3 wins, i immediately deleted the deck afterward.

I applaud those using Invigorate in Pro Rank, a 29.8% winrate is still better than what i got with it in unranked, which was probably like ~20%.
I actually played invigorate dwarves on pro rank with moderate success last season.

But this season's sudden influx of the broken SK Second Wind was such a bad match up, I actually deleted the deck. Shame really it was maybe my oldest deck.

I MIGHT revive it. It was actually fun to play.

Regarding Harmony, it did need adjusting. I tried it out, and it had something like a 90% win rate with that deck climbing the ladder. Though it was fun to pilot, and did take some strategic thinking. You practically couldn't draw a bad hand with it.

Last edited:

"Invigorate is consistently the best leader for months, always at the top of the table and they haven't nerfed it yet," said the bat that has CDPR looking at that data. :beer:

• RED Point

rrc

Forum veteran

Yes, if CDPR shares the stat for Season of Griffin, it will be pretty heartbreaking.. probably there wont be any ST top 10 and bottom 10 will have 4 or 5 ST leaders with Invigorate being at the end like it had been for 2 years. :cry: :giveup: :sad:

Yes, if CDPR shares the stat for Season of Griffin, it will be pretty heartbreaking.. probably there wont be any ST top 10 and bottom 10 will have 4 or 5 ST leaders with Invigorate being at the end like it had been for 2 years. :cry: :giveup: :sad:
Invigorate boost 4 cards by one with 3 charges would be nicep

In my final day of play after reading your post I decided to rework an invigorate dwarves deck I had deleted after MM's launch.

With the addition of Allgod and Oneiromancy, dwarves invigorate deck became slightly more viable. SLIGHTLY.

And I was having fun, until I ran into SK again and I remembered why I deleted the deck in the first place. I decided to go one step further this time.

But regarding the leader. For me it's weak because it's extremely rare to be holding 10 unit cards, and generally the new decks have enough "extra" points per provision to bleed out the boosted cards anyway.

So, I'm curious people's thoughts, but how about changing invigorate to boost 4 cards in hand by 1. Refresh this ability each round?

I mean, it would certainly be better than what it is now, but why not just make it "Boost a card in hand by 1" with a 2-turn cooldown, like comparable NR and SK abilities?
I didn't think of that, I like the idea, but I suspect that might open up some Sheldon Skags abuse.

Last card R3, Sheldon could play for upwards of 20 with minimal effort. Which I suspect would lead to him being nerfed again which in turn would lead to the invigorate decks losing a key card

I didn't think of that, I like the idea, but I suspect that might open up some Sheldon Skags abuse.

Last card R3, Sheldon could play for upwards of 20 with minimal effort. Which I suspect would lead to him being nerfed again which in turn would lead to the invigorate decks losing a key card
Oh, so he would be like Morkvarg? Yeah, we can't have that! :p What's next? 40-point Aglais??

In all seriousness, the ability would account for about 16 total points (8x2) if you drew Aglais or Sheldon R1, without having any utility or impact on the board at all. Otherwise it would be less, but you could buff an engine by 1 before dropping it or something. Is that really OP? Even if so, I think I would be OK with Invigorate being OP for a change.

Top Bottom