Why Many Players Not Giving GG

+
If someone really comes up with a cool or original deck instead of playing the same 6 cards
:cool:
I guess it depends on how you define the GG.
I personally think of it as "thanks for your time and effort".
But again, I hope to give and receive as many scaps as possible so that we are all free to craft the deck we would like to play. Being too generous is never a mistake (unless it comes from a developer who is misjudging the meaning of reward).

Personally ... I never GG. Well ... very very VERY rarely. If someone really comes up with a cool or original deck instead of playing the same 6 cards over and over that some streamer came up with, then I might give one - win or lose - just because they showed me something different ... So that's almost never. At this point though, people pretty much have all the cards they want or need anyway, so they're not going to miss a few more scraps.
Couldn't agree more!

This is kind of the attitude I take now too. But to be honest, most players don't give GG if they lose badly, it's nothing to do with originality of decks, as to whether I receive a GG on ranked anyway.

Here's an example, I played the ST harmony tier 1 net deck between ranks 5 and 7, as I wanted to see why everyone was playing netdecks. This deck alongside poison ball variants is played by absolutely everyone, and has around an 80+% win rate for me anyway. And yet I nearly always received a GG. Why?
Because
it gives the false impression to the opponent, through the back and forth, that they actually have a chance of winning. 80% win rates suggests this is an illusion. But perhaps it is a "fun" loss for them.

Compare this to my custom MO insects deck. I'm playing this almost exclusively rank 2 and 3. It's got about a 60% win rate. When I win, I win big and can quite easily 2:0 netdecks. And when I lose, I lose big. This is a deck I made myself, there might be elements that are similar to other decks out there, but it's pretty obviously a custom deck. (Admittedly as it is an MO insect deck my options for interacting with the opponent's side of the board is limited, this might reduce the "fun" level for them)

Even so, you would think I would receive more GGs than the tier 1 Harmony netdeck, right?...Nope.

The result, I receive GG when I lose big, and no GG when I win big.

My conclusion, most ranked players are sore losers.

(I include myself in this category :sad:)

I usually gg everything because I still need the contract reward, except for viper witchers.
Is viper witchers the deck that uses operator and spies to play 10 copies of Wiper Witcher in R1?

If so I actually quite enjoy playing against that deck, win or lose it's at least something different. A bright light in a sea of Great Swords.

Is viper witchers the deck that uses operator and spies to play 10 copies of Wiper Witcher in R1?

If so I actually quite enjoy playing against that deck, win or lose it's at least something different. A bright light in a sea of Great Swords.

That's the one..I know you're supposed to 2:0 it but win or lose I just don't like seeing my cards deleted..just feelsbadman

That's the one..I know you're supposed to 2:0 it but win or lose I just don't like seeing my cards deleted..just feelsbadman
Ah okay that makes sense. It was the first time I had seen it today. Luckily I was playing my own Witcher deck both times, so I was happy for another target for vesemir. Plus that must be the most value I've ever gotten for Lambert: Swordmaster!

I don't GG after seeing 5 people using the EXACT SAME deck, lack of originality right there. :/ Started happening since this last expansion, before I remember seeing more diversity in how people build their decks, now there's just one single meta and many people use the exact same thing (ofc with that particular faction) so = no respect for copycats.

I have a steady policy of never GGing any Nilfgaard player, whether I win, lose, or draw. This holds true even when I'm playing as NG myself, which is obviously a necessary evil to learn how things work. Playing against them is simply no fun and, in my opinion, bad for the game overall because almost any loss to that faction leaves a bitter taste in one's mouth. But then, that's another topic. (Literally.) I'm trying to play a bit today, in fact, and on my fifth straight match against them I just forfeited before I even started to play. Sigh. Time to find yet another game to play for today, I guess.

I have a steady policy of never GGing any Nilfgaard player, whether I win, lose, or draw. This holds true even when I'm playing as NG myself, which is obviously a necessary evil to learn how things work. Playing against them is simply no fun and, in my opinion, bad for the game overall because almost any loss to that faction leaves a bitter taste in one's mouth. But then, that's another topic. (Literally.) I'm trying to play a bit today, in fact, and on my fifth straight match against them I just forfeited before I even started to play. Sigh. Time to find yet another game to play for today, I guess.
I started just forfeiting if I get matched with NG. :p

I started just forfeiting if I get matched with NG. :p
This attitude is probably more toxic to the game than poison spam.

Factions are balanced upon existence of all factions.

Individual players do not always abuse faction imbalances.

Other players have a right to enjoy the games as well. They wait in a queue to get the match. If everyone were to forfeit as soon as they see a faction or card they dislike, the game would truly be ruined.

This attitude is probably more toxic to the game than poison spam.

Factions are balanced upon existence of all factions.

Individual players do not always abuse faction imbalances.

Other players have a right to enjoy the games as well. They wait in a queue to get the match. If everyone were to forfeit as soon as they see a faction or card they dislike, the game would truly be ruined.

Oh, so everyone is supposed to enjoy getting griefed for the greater good? Or just for the good of the players who choose to play the faction specifically built to annoy others?

All factions are designed to potentially annoy others — that’s the nature of the game; your opponent counters your cards when possible. Choosing to be annoyed or enjoy the challenge is on you.

So is choosing to gg or not to gg, to stay in the match or forfeit when you know you won't have fun. It doesn't "ruin" the game any more than playing a toxic faction.

And no, not every faction designed to annoy, because "annoy" and "counter" are two different things.

i always give GG to everyone no matter what happens haha, it doesnt cost me anything so i quess its always good to gg

Meta decks will never receive GG from me. Ever.

I don’t object at all to opponents playing decks revolving around archetypes found in the meta as long as those decks are the player’s own creation. I do object to players simply copying someone else deck from the internet.

Unfortunately, since I cannot reliably tell the difference I will err on the side of kindness and always give GG.

Top Bottom