Concerning the complaints about Braindance

+

VelWu

Forum regular
So far, whatever was shown in Wire Ep1 seemed 1-dimensional. It feels like a scripted event even though the whole purpose of braindance is to be playing freely with the footage.

Or maybe that was just a "tutorial" type of braindance and most others at launch won't be so~~linear.

lol it's all good. i have a feeling Maximum Mike is the NCPD police chief in CP2077, but we'll have to wait and see. He's in Cyberpunk Red as far as i know

Braindance is complete copy of Strange Days movie, just in CP2077 they add edit mode so detective work can be done.

First mission they show was to slow and boring, i hope some will be better, but all in all nothing new or groundbreaking, detective mode in games is already done few time.

Braindance is complete copy of Strange Days movie, just in CP2077 they add edit mode so detective work can be done.

First mission they show was to slow and boring, i hope some will be better, but all in all nothing new or groundbreaking, detective mode in games is already done few time.

Think the one we saw was just sort of a training one, the first braindance in the game.
I heard there was another one that the journalists played which was more interesting, infiltrating the Arasaka tower to find the biochip

I chalk up most of the complaints about braindance to people that think every aspect of a game has to be non-stop action.

Apparently braindance is (primarily) detective work, slow, methodical, painstaking ... just like real life detective work.

To be honest is to be expected since they aimed for the FPS crowd. And they usually aim for action,action,action.
But i am disappointed too also because this "Feature.." is nothing groundbreaking is almost the copycat of the tool we had in Arkham games no more no less. Even the scene of the old E3 gameplay where for example you could see the ripperdoc ripping out your eye and connecting you with the cybernetic one well again that thing was not new at all and was already seen in Dishonored.

At the moment i can't think about a distinct feature Cyberpunk 2077 had what i saw so far were things cut and paste by other games. Nothing ground breaking or innovative let alone ambitious like it was promised.

At the moment i can't think about a distinct feature Cyberpunk 2077 had what i saw so far were things cut and paste by other games. Nothing ground breaking or innovative let alone ambitious like it was promised.
Witcher 3 did nothing groundbreaking and it's considered a really good game by most.

I honestly don't understand this sentiment of CDPR having to make something groundbreaking or they've failed. They've set out to make a good game, something they're proud of and that people will enjoy plauying, not the next *insert groundbreaking game here*.

Have you ever had a conversation with a friend that goes like:
"Man, I really wish there was a game set in the A universe, with mechanic X from game B and mechanic Y from game C."

That game sounds amazing you, you'd probably play the living shit out of it. And guess what, it's not groundbreaking, it borrows mechanics from other games.

I'll put this here too, since it is relevant to the thread.

Braindance looked boring. Like a 3D surveillance camera analyzation minigame that does not challenge the player or the character in any way (but resilience on the players side), what with yellow exclamation marks pointing towards the objects one needs to look at. No brainwork or character build required. Just checking the highlighted objects and then V goes "Whoa that was intense doood!" as if underlining how mundane and boring it looked.

- I'd made it so, that the player never leaves the head of the character who he's dancing. And based on the stress/tense level of the character in question, the situation is distorded so that the player has to actually do some searching to find what he is looking for and possibly spend some time there - with lots of objects to check. And to make it better, have it so that it is not just "whoa intense dude", there are actual gameplay considerations to doing the whole thing. Like:
- There is a timer on how long you can spend braindancing before it starts to do you harm. E.g. based on the stress level, if you spend X amount of time there, you get a -1 to your COOL, if you linger on for Y amount longer, you another -1 to your COOL and -1 to your INT, if you still linger on for Z amount of time, you get a third -1 to COOL, a second -1 to INT and a -1 to your REF (and eventually BODY too.... and the order might be randomly chosen so that it might actually start with your most important stat), and all those debuffs would negate the skills and perks at the corresponding levels and every passive thing those stat levels might offer.... And if one of your stats goes down to 1, you black out and wake up later on, disoriented and with all the debuffs you got. And the debuffs wouldn't be something you can just wait off by spamming a wait function or going to sleep, but you'd need to find a ripper doc to fix you for relatively high price (based on how much there is to fix) and possibly through some "recovery implant" of sorts that you'd have to use a certain amount of time or something like that.

Something to that end. Be quick about it or suffer the consequenses. It's not only "whoa tense dude" for V, but also for the player.

Witcher 3 did nothing groundbreaking and it's considered a really good game by most.

I honestly don't understand this sentiment of CDPR having to make something groundbreaking or they've failed. They've set out to make a good game, something they're proud of and that people will enjoy plauying, not the next *insert groundbreaking game here*.

Have you ever had a conversation with a friend that goes like:
"Man, I really wish there was a game set in the A universe, with mechanic X from game B and mechanic Y from game C."

That game sounds amazing you, you'd probably play the living shit out of it. And guess what, it's not groundbreaking, it borrows mechanics from other games.

I was not the one telling about innovation and also ambition. However Witcher3 brought deep narrative in a open world but was far from perfect the open world was static and once you finished the quest overall empty and boring. Yes pretty to look at but that's it.

Last edited:
Top Bottom