Change the Number of NPCs Depending on the Time and Place

+
About the number of NPCs and citizens in the city it would be very realistic if it were proportionate for each district.

Ex: Downtown area would be very populous and Northside Industrial District would have fewer people.
Another suggestion is related to the number of NPCs and citizens per DAY and NIGHT.

It is common that in most places during the day it is more crowded with people and at night there is almost no one on the streets.

However, we know that some specific places at night/post midnight(dawn) are as crowded as during the day, for example: Streets with bars and clubs at night where entertainment is strong at night, consequently there are a lot of people.

So my suggestion is places/spots in the city at Night (in specific places, of course) that will be as crowded as during the Day.

So the city would be even more realistic. What do you think?

NOTE: I'm not sure if this already occurs in the game.

Last edited:
From most previews i got the impression that they are going for exactly this. The new gameplay footage we saw were mostly at late night or in industrial areas, so if what we are guessing is true than that is indeed the case.

Or it could just be that the game world is always super empty if we want to be a bit skeptical about it.

Omg what a brilliant and novel idea! The developers should be contacted immediately, and informed of this groundbreaking idea that I'm sure no one has considered.

From most previews i got the impression that they are going for exactly this. The new gameplay footage we saw were mostly at late night or in industrial areas, so if what we are guessing is true than that is indeed the case.

Or it could just be that the game world is always super empty if we want to be a bit skeptical about it.
Even the part with crowded places at Night ?
Post automatically merged:

Omg what a brilliant and novel idea! The developers should be contacted immediately, and informed of this groundbreaking idea that I'm sure no one has considered.
Such a brilliant idea that I never played a game that worked this way. :D

PS: About the post you made: what a brilliant response to my post, developers should be contacted immediately too your response really affect the whole game. For more answers like that. ^^ (LOL)

Last edited:
About the number of NPCs and citizens in the city it would be very realistic if it were proportionate for each district.

Ex: Downtown area would be very populous and Northside Industrial District would have fewer people.
Another suggestion is related to the number of NPCs and citizens per DAY and NIGHT.

It is common that in most places during the day it is more crowded with people and at night there is almost no one on the streets.

However, we know that some specific places at night/post midnight(dawn) are as crowded as during the day, for example: Streets with bars and clubs at night where entertainment is strong at night, consequently there are a lot of people.

So my suggestion is places/spots in the city at Night (in specific places, of course) that will be as crowded as during the Day.

So the city would be even more realistic. What do you think?

NOTE: I'm not sure if this already occurs in the game.
Maybe it is already in the game if it is not it would be good idea, specially the NPCs depending on the area you are in.

Such a brilliant idea that I never played a game that that worked that way.

PS: About the post you made: what a brilliant response to my post, developers should be contacted immediately. ^^
Using CDPR's own game... screen grabs from their Witcher game, market at night is closed, so you won't see people there except for the guards.. on the flip side, you can visit taverns, and those places will have a number of NPC's there drinking their coppers away... i strongly suggest you give this game a go. It's really good.

day.jpg

night.jpg

I dont know, I think in most places in night city the streets would still be somewhat crowded at night as during the day. Except for the richer areas

What if there was a population density option for people who play on a potato? You could turn down density or up depending on your rig.

Such a brilliant idea that I never played a game that worked this way. :D

PS: About the post you made: what a brilliant response to my post, developers should be contacted immediately too your response really affect the whole game. For more answers like that. ^^ (LOL)

We haven't heard of crowded places at night just yet. People who got to play the game were restricted to Wattson ( only one of the six district in the game) so it's still up in the air.

Top Bottom