Night City Wire - Media, News & Previews - links and discussion

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Good interview, though I still say they should figure out the IP address of the troll and block them from downloading cp2077, or watching ncw... netrunner justice for the win!

For those who want to see game play screens not art screens .

Attachments

• 50162800031_9e52954a0a_o.jpg
    50162800031_9e52954a0a_o.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 87
  • 50163049167_80f9da25e4_o.jpg
    50163049167_80f9da25e4_o.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 83
Perhaps last week of August for episode 2 and mid October for episode 3.

Some uninterrupted gameplay footage would be nice and a look at the crafting system.
I agree, it's very likely. Or september for NCW 3 and another story trailer in october.

I don't think we'll get any uncut gameplay before releases though. Pretty sure about that.

I already clarified that on the polish forum, but I will do it here as well.

The summary mentions that Techie was removed, however Miles in the podcast stated that he doesn't consider Techie to be cut, because they still have Techie skills, skillchecks and dialogue options, although the ability of Flathead, who supposed to be able to manipulate certain devices from the distance (while the rest were to be available only to Netrunner), was given to Netrunner. That's it.

The other bits that were not mentioned in the summary:

- Miles confirmed that we will be able to respec our character during the game (I don't think it was ever before clearly confirmed)
- he suggested that they might add level scaling option for the weaker opponents, like they did in The Witcher 3 after release
- regarding whether we will be able to go to space, at first he said "No", then "Maybe"
- when it comes to lethal vs nonlethal playthroughs, while NPC's might react to those kind of actions, generally they are trying to avoid punishing player for choosing to go either lethal or nonlethal, because they felt that otherwise they would be kinda forcing a correct playstyle on the player

Preview posted today

I had the video playing in the background so i didn't pay complete attention to it but to summarize for those who don't want to watch it (or you can watch from minutes ~16 to 24 for gameplay)

-he liked hacking although i didn't pay much attention to what he said specifically
-gunplay is better than he expected, weapons have better recoil and weight to them compared to earlier demos
-you die quickly
-he quickly mentions that cover system is nothing new but works pretty well
-he quickly mentions that he had fun using a katana
-melee combat (as in hand to hand) can be a little awkward (especially if you're watching) but has enough mechanical depth to it in a game of this size, such as light/heavy attacks, parrying, guard breaking, dodging and timing is important.. not just a simple button mash

other none gameplay tidbits is he mentioned multiple times that worldbuilding is great, game is quite buggy in its current stage, characters are very likable especially Jackie

I had the video playing in the background so i didn't pay complete attention to it but to summarize for those who don't want to watch it (or you can watch from minutes ~16 to 24 for gameplay)

-he liked hacking although i didn't pay much attention to what he said specifically
-gunplay is better than he expected, weapons have better recoil and weight to them compared to earlier demos
-you die quickly
-he quickly mentions that cover system is nothing new but works pretty well
-he quickly mentions that he had fun using a katana
-melee combat (as in hand to hand) can be a little awkward (especially if you're watching) but has enough mechanical depth to it in a game of this size, such as light/heavy attacks, parrying, guard breaking, dodging and timing is important.. not just a simple button mash

other none gameplay tidbits is he mentioned multiple times that worldbuilding is great, game is quite buggy in its current stage, characters are very likable especially Jackie
He also really liked Braindance sequences, since it did made him feel like he's actually doing an investigations (he didn't like witcher senses mechanic in The Witcher 3, because it felt too much like he was just following a highlighted objects, rather then properly investigating). The one he did (outside of tutorial one) was also fairly challenging, since it wasn't always easy to say what he should do next and he had to take his time to think about it (even developer who was watching over him noted that one particular part of it was very tricky), so he can see how some people might get stuck on those and be a little frustrated over that, but personally he really enjoyed them.

Gamescom is the 27th through the 30th, my vote for next ncw is the 27th (a thursday) or 28th. Nvidia is also hinting that they might announce their new gpu at gamescom, and since nvidia and cdpr have a partnership it might make sense that nvidia would want to showcase their new rtx 3080 etc. by showing off cp2077. We shall see...

Gamescom is the 27th through the 30th, my vote for next ncw is the 27th (a thursday) or 28th. Nvidia is also hinting that they might announce their new gpu at gamescom, and since nvidia and cdpr have a partnership it might make sense that nvidia would want to showcase their new rtx 3080 etc. by showing off cp2077. We shall see...
It really blows my mind to think (and see and feel) that a 3-year-old GPU (GTX 1080) I bought back in 2017 is not always overpowered to run any single title above 60 FPS.

Yay for the RTX, though, seeing how the thing is at mass market today is really surreal, even at my age.

I really hope to see some long gameplay video during both day and night demonstrating the visual side of things. Somehow, I wanna see some fresh stuff about the game, but still have my experience unspoiled in all of them aspects. Yet honestly, with a little more than a 100 days til the big release, I feel like going without any news could be easy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom