Legends of Runeterra (Amazing new card game)

+
So you haven't encountered the Maokai - Nautilus tosser deck yet, obliterating your deck and going deep in round 5. One of the most broken things I have seen. Any "normal" deck doesn't seem to have a chance. :giveup:
I have played against Naulilus. I dont currently have an issue with it. I expect good aggro decks to beat it most of the time. I still have to see Maokai even be used so I reserve judgment on him.
Post automatically merged:

I don't like all the cards and abilities that target the Nexus directly. I guess they added this stuff to make games shorter, but for me it really takes away from the fun of the (strategic) battle to get through the defenses. Elusive is a similar problem.
I have issues with karma and ezreal. Elusive I would have preferred they spread out among the factions.

I also have issues with Elusive. Elusive, fearsome and overwhelm should be a tad more expensive, maybe even just 1 more.
I would also like the introduction of a 'defender' mechanism. Not like in Gwent, something preventing the defender from being affected by any offensive abilities (elusive, fearsome, overwhelm, challenger, vulnerable...). They could not be able to attack (or not). But as Archangel said, that would make games longer and that is probably not their goal.

After a couple of days, I feel indeed that the direct damage is very strong, although not out of control. Maokai doesn't really bother me. What bothers me is that the tossing mechanics could toss champions, to make it riskier. Now it doesn't, whereas stealing cards from the opponent's deck can steal champions. Also, never been a fan of stealing, I would much rather have the cards make a copy of an enemy card.
Also, I fear the sea monsters may be too strong. They are pretty cheap and some have crazy effects, without even counting the deep mechanics. 'elusive + draw a card' on stike', 'obliterate an ennemy', 'add fearsome and -2 on ennemys' (which could be a champion). Those are already strong, so when combined with deep and the synergy allowing to draw/reduce costs.

For the rest, I like the mechanics so far. Plunder is interesting. I'd rather have it made on combat damage, to avoid cheap 'do 1 to nexus' combos but it's fun. Twisted fate, Gangplank, Swain, Fizz... The new champions are original and fun. The new frejlord one (can't remember her name) combined with Ashe will probably allow for crazy combos.

Anyway, since the devs seem pretty on top of it with bi-monthly patches, fixes, balances and watchlists, I hope to see some unbalances fixed but still enjoying it.

Legends of runeterra has been released on mobile platforms. Amazing game! This is my NexT card game i believe. So much fun and NON repetitive action. Compared to Gwent lol. Same decks, same gameplay, over and over. Tedious and extremely boring.

Legends of runeterra has been released on mobile platforms. Amazing game! This is my NexT card game i believe. So much fun and NON repetitive action. Compared to Gwent lol. Same decks, same gameplay, over and over. Tedious and extremely boring.
I love the mobile version!

Having a blast in LoR. I'm playing a deck right now that is so insanely fun and interesting. Here is MegaMogwai showcasing it.

I am also still enjoying it a lot. I like their efforts to balance and tweak cards so that they all see play and the state of the game keeps changing. The explanations behind each change is also welcome.

Still would have liked to see deep go down to 10 cards but it's not game-breaking...

I am also still enjoying it a lot. I like their efforts to balance and tweak cards so that they all see play and the state of the game keeps changing. The explanations behind each change is also welcome.

Still would have liked to see deep go down to 10 cards but it's not game-breaking...
Yeah deep might need a nerf, but it's not a giant issue.

I started playing LoR last month and I wish I started sooner. Everyone said it was childish so I held off on it. I shouldn't have listened.

It's weird because it's the polar opposite of gwent. LoR has childish artwork and mature gameplay, and Gwent has mature artwork and mindnumbingly childish gameplay.

It's the gameplay that counts for me.

Until now the game keeps getting better. Only stealing cards from your deck can be really tilting sometimes. Esspecially because pilfering goods feels to cheap for what it does.

For me its the most annoying game ever. Feel like I'm surrounded by 3 year old pixies. The art is just not there either.

This thread is full of people hating on LoR's artwork, but honestly there is some pretty amazing illustrations. A card game like this has dozens of artists, and sure some are better than others. LoR has some of the best monster/creature artwork out there though.

Here's some of my favorites. After looking at those can you honestly say the artwork is horrible?

LoR is a really good game and I played it for a couple of weeks alongside Gwent. Since I don't have the time to play two card games I decided to chose one and drop the other. For a little while I thought I would pick LoR over Gwent but then I returned to Gwent and I never really missed LoR. I can see why people like LoR and the reasons I stopped playing are all very subjective. The gameplay is cool, the developers are doing an amazing job of transparent and open communication and the artstyle is also fine, but I like Gwents better. I guess my major problem with this game is the world and atmosphere of Runeterra. At first it looked really interesting and divers but that might as well be part of the problem: It has everything: a medieval region, a prehistoric one, a steampunk one, pirates (of the caribbean) shaolin monks and laser guns (or something like that). The world of the witcher just feels more authentic.

Just dropping by to say that LoR recently added new modes called gauntlet and labs. I find the added modes in LoR to be far more fun than any extra game mode in Gwent. LoR is really knocking the game modes out of the park. The game just doesn't get boring for me. There's always something interesting to do or something different so it doesn't get stale.

I am not very sure @StrykerS77, I follow swim in twitter and his latest tweet gives me an impression that LoR meta is pretty stale and boring - that too this quickly after the release..

"Pulling Mogwai" means that Mogwai had taken a break from LoR due to stale boring meta it seems.

I have not had any issues with Ezreal this season so I cant relate with this tweet. Swim plays in masters at a very high level so he has a different perspective than me. Perhaps at that level there is a tier 1 deck with Ezreal doing very well. At Platinum I have not seen this issue. LoR overall has amazing diversity.

I've been playing LoR quite a lot now. It's fun, but I do have some issues with it. With a 40 card deck, starting with 4 cards in hand and drawing only one card per turn, the draw RNG is huge. In Gwent, I feel like I am playing my deck, in LoR, the deck/draw RNG is playing me. Especially late game, there are very little strategic choices left as you have an (almost) empty hand and you just hope to draw and then immediately play a good card, with your opponent drawing badly. That is pure RNG, gambling. There are a few specific decks with more card draw (card-drawing cards), but combined with the mana curve, overall card draw is too limited in LoR, limiting strategic choices too much. Too many times you cannot play your deck how you intended, because card draw RNG screws you. Combine that with some very OP late game cards that are basically one-card game finishers (which the devs seem to have specifically created to keep games shorter), and the strategic aspect becomes too small. Your early game doesn't matter much if your opponent is able to draw and play such a card first. To improve LoR, I think the LoR devs can learn a lot from the basic card draw and mulligan mechanics and card balancing in Gwent.

I've been playing LoR quite a lot now. It's fun, but I do have some issues with it. With a 40 card deck, starting with 4 cards in hand and drawing only one card per turn, the draw RNG is huge. In Gwent, I feel like I am playing my deck, in LoR, the deck/draw RNG is playing me. Especially late game, there are very little strategic choices left as you have an (almost) empty hand and you just hope to draw and then immediately play a good card, with your opponent drawing badly. That is pure RNG, gambling. There are a few specific decks with more card draw (card-drawing cards), but combined with the mana curve, overall card draw is too limited in LoR, limiting strategic choices too much. Too many times you cannot play your deck how you intended, because card draw RNG screws you. Combine that with some very OP late game cards that are basically one-card game finishers (which the devs seem to have specifically created to keep games shorter), and the strategic aspect becomes too small. Your early game doesn't matter much if your opponent is able to draw and play such a card first. To improve LoR, I think the LoR devs can learn a lot from the basic card draw and mulligan mechanics and card balancing in Gwent.
I really cant agree with this LoR needs to stay as far away from Gwent as possible. Balance in Gwent is horrible and the deck diversity is even worse. If you want decks with more consistency they are not hard to find. I love playing jinx discard because I can usually fly through cards to get to what I need.

Top Bottom