good cyberpunk RPG'S to play till release?

+
im currently playing the og Deus Ex and thats fun but im curious about other Cyberpunk RPG'S
Post automatically merged:

also i know there's the system shock franchise so ill look into that but that's just about all i know

Cyberpunk games that I've been playing lately,
Deus Ex: mankind divided / Human Revolution etc, which is a pretty cool blend of RPG, fps, and Bioware level of interactions plus your actions have consequences in the world.

If you like Visual Novels va11halla, it is set in a cyberpunk world where you are a bartender, and it's pretty funny.

Red Strings Club is another game that is a pretty fun cyberpunk game I loved, also GOST is in there with a cameo appearance which is a darksyth styled DJ that is pretty awesome you should check him out

Last edited:

4RM3D

Ex-moderator
Baldurs Gate 3 and Bloodline 2 due out. Not sure if they'll release before or after CP2077 tho.

No worries, I'll just play them all at the same time.

Because, what the hell else can I do?

(Now, I am actually scared at all the time sinks coming out at the same time)

If you're only play Deus Ex (the original), Deus Ex: Human Revolution and Deus Ex: Mankind Divided are also pretty good (HR more so the MD). Mass Effect 2 is also cyberpunk-ish in spots ... though it's more Space Opera with some Cyberpunk influences.

I really enjoyed Cloudpunk. It's a good introduction to the world of cyberpunk and mega cities, and now with the first person view it puts you down in the city streets amongst the clouds and grimy streets. It's a mega city, so yes you can be at street level and still be in or above the clouds. Pretty cool overall...

Tried Virtuaverse, but wouldn't suggest it unless you really like to hunt and peck on a screen. Any of the deus ex are good, I even liked invisible war.

Games with RPG elements:

Deus Ex: Human Revolution
Deus Ex: Mankind Divided
Shadowrun: Dragonfall
Shadowrun: Hong Kong
Transistor

Other decent Cyberpunk games:

Observer
Gemini Rue (if you're into adventure games)
Hard Reset

Bonus: Syndicate (it's a decent, fairly linear Cyberpunk shooter from 2012, but captures the atmosphere quite well)

Well besides the allready meantioned, those would come to mind:

CyberMage - Darklight Awakening (1995 more FPS then RPG but fun)

Paranoia - Happienes is Manditory - solid but not great

Satellite Reign (2015) is a modern carbon copy of the stellar syndicate wars (1996)

Super Hot is the most innovative shooter i've played in years (true, lol, & don´t spoil it lads)

Mirror's Edge (2016) controls could be a bit smother but really good.

Invisible, Inc. same isometric view and playstyle as the shadowrun games but those are better made & told (SR: hong kong in particular) but the setting is more to gibbsons likeing. still a decent to good time waster.

Furi (2016) and The Surge 2 (2019 - and i every aspect better than its predecior) are not my cup of tea but a lauded as great games - if you like em hard.

the Original Deus Ex has the fantasic Revision Mod (steam) that is more that worth giving it another (or 5) go.

Transistor (2014) cool but weird story, nice ost and good grapics. Isometric. i do not unterstand way i do not like this game, all about it screams awesome.

Torment: Tides of numenera is a crpg of unuasal flavor, with a damm good story.

And of course: Disco Elysium. it is the law (or you are... unsure) that this bonkers and magnificent experince has to be mentioned in any good game list *g*

that be all that come to mind that i have played - FF-VII Remake looks good though.

Additionally, you could check out Technobabylon (another cyberpunk point'n'click adventure from the same publisher as Gemini Rue which was mentioned above) and Dex (2d side-crawler with some RPG elements).

Underrail + Underrail:Expedition expansion is a solid, classic RPG, with tactical combat.

Combine Fallout 2 and Metro 2044, a post-apocalyptic or even post-cyberpunk underworld.

Shadowrun: Dragonfall and Shadowrun: Hong Kong are pretty good even though the Shadowrun setting mixes cyberpunk with traditional fantasy.
I second the Shadowrun video games. They did a good job with these and each one in the series feels better than the last. They are best to play in order because of this as if you start with Hong Kong and then pick up Dragonfall or SR Returns they will probably feel like they are missing features.

Top Bottom