Cyberpunk 2020.2 aka Red

+
I guess no one has heard of Cyberpunk 2020.2, so here's an interview of Mike Pondsmith who talks about it and others related Cyberpunk topics.
I suppose Cyberpunk Red is Cyberpunk 2020.2 but I'm waiting for confirmation from R. Talsorian on this.

Hi, if you didn't see it's literally in the video description : "An interview with Mike Pondsmith about Cyberpunk 2020.2 which later became Cyberpunk Red."

And thanks for sharing the interview :)

Oh right, I didn't even checked the channel's name :ROFLMAO:
But I notice that the interview is dated 2010, which doesn't change my mind. It might be an early name for Cyberpunk Red. Now let's see if an official confirms this.

J Gray confirmed it and answered a few questions :

Is Cyberpunk Red close to this version or were the lore and rules completely rewritten? If so, did Cyberpunk 2077 have much influence on this rewriting?

There have been significant changes to the rules over the years. One of the advantages of a long development cycle is you have time to really hammer on the mechanics and see what works and what doesn't. The lore has changed as well, though less than you might think. Obviously, we've worked with CD Projekt Red and, as with any collaboration, new ideas made their way into the canon. The big picture of the world and how it evolved hasn't changed much. Many smaller details have been added or changed.

Now that Cyberpunk 2077 has revived the genre, is the release of Cyberpunk Red timely or is it a coincidence?

Honestly, both. What you're calling 2020.2 evolved into Cyberpunk RED and there was always the intent to release it. The popularity of Cyberpunk 2077 has certainly pushed things forward to where we are now.

Top Bottom