I am more than concerned

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
So from what i have seen every announcement seems to be them scratching gameplay options. I was under the impression that this would be an rpg? 2 classes is bare bones. The skills seem to be bare bones as well. I will play through the story and pick the answers according to my personality. I will not replay as someone else to get content out of the game. Replayability in an rpg comes from different playstyles and to me it seems that this game is following the aaa trend where devs rather want to make movies than games. Witcher had a similar problem and while there was a lot of content i only played through the game once since i didn't engoy 2 of the 3 playstyles.

I hope i am wrong but from what i have seen they go in a wrong direction. I want tons of playstyles and tons of classes rather than 100 different dialogue options i will never use.

The game is probably going to be so large you'll either hate beating it multiple times in a row immediately, or experience it differently on many levels depending on both your lifepath and playstyle. The amount of information we have seen so far is nothing but insufficient to form an opinion such as yours because so much is still a mystery. We have not seen or heard much about the class system or the skills for quite a while now, so again, any speculations are nothing but speculations because things still may change. Not necessarily for the worse.

Besides, whatever has been scrapped so far didn't really seem to contribute that much to the RPG side of the game, the experience overall or the replay value. Wallrunning, car customization, trains - how is any of that important for the so cherished RPG experience? Regarding wallrunning, I'm pretty sure we'll still see a plethora of ways to stealth through the missions, not to mention different outcomes that depend on your dialogue options, actions and paths you choose to navigate the location (some of which are probably echoes of your past actions and choices in the game as well).

And lastly - the game, as any other piece of art, is a vision of its creators. They build what they see, feel and think is right for reasons you and I and everyone else will never know because we are not involved in the creative process. It is your responsibility to paint a picture in your head (over your own expectations) and then feel disappointed over the real image.

This already has been discussed before, at great length. No need to start the same (pointless) discussion again. Locking this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom