Insane Grind for Journey Cosmetics with 175 Levels?

+
well, while you guys are discussing i am grinding.

Ive already reached level 61 with 9 weekly mission to do, so, technically, i am already almost at level 70 if i do the missions.

But i whont do right now only to show its possible for a free player to get at level 175. I only did the 3 first missions (first week) in the ciri journey.

Also, i have ajob, a young baby a life and bla bla bla (ok i am at homeoffice and in quarentene, maybe that would help)

what is your point?
The topic is about ridiculous grinding, you do it and you say that it is possible to do it ....... no one denied that.

If you want, tell us the hours you played Gwent to get there and at the same time make sure that it is a healthy number for a normal person and a payment system that should not have f2p gameplay. :beer:

what is your point?
The topic is about ridiculous grinding, you do it and you say that it is possible to do it ....... no one denied that.

Thank you!!!! Yes, no one is claiming the grind isn't possible. It is just insanely long when compared to other games that follow this model.

well, while you guys are discussing i am grinding.

Ive already reached level 61 with 9 weekly mission to do, so, technically, i am already almost at level 70 if i do the missions.

But i whont do right now only to show its possible for a free player to get at level 175. I only did the 3 first missions (first week) in the ciri journey.

Also, i have ajob, a young baby a life and bla bla bla (ok i am at homeoffice and in quarentene, maybe that would help)
Post automatically merged:

for the record, i hated this seasonal, so i am not grinding in seasonal

What factions are ya using to make your grind bareable/enjoyable..?
Just curious... :think:

what is your point?

If you want, tell us the hours you played Gwent to get there and at the same time make sure that it is a healthy number for a normal person and a payment system that should not have f2p gameplay. :beer:
Well if something its possible without to much work, i dont think its insane.

I play like 2 hours per day, almost all the time before i go to bed.

What factions are ya using to make your grind bareable/enjoyable..?
Just curious... :think:

Well i whant to reach pro rank in this season playing 4 diferents factions.

So ive started with NR, played the games, than i changed to MO, than i changed to SK, than i changed to MO again, than i changed to NG and reached pro rank with MO.

But i am having too much fun playing with NG assimilate deck, i try to not use the OP cards like Yeneffer and cantarela and its really fun.

So, when i am not playing in rank matches in the last week i am using this NG assimilate deck.

In the other days i usualy use my ursine bear SK deck.

what is your point?

"payment system system that should not have f2p gameplay."

Base Product ACCESS to premium.

That is all That is the product . Does the buyer have access to the premium path? if yes . Then the buyer has received everything the buyer have paid for.

F2P completely is completely irrelevant to the conversation once in premium. You can quote other games and other companies all you want it doesn't make a difference to the facts.

The FACTS are if the buyer has access to the premuim path the the buyer has what they paid for.

2. Is participation in Journey free?

There are two tiers of Journey: free and premium. All players automatically get access to the free tier of Journey.** Purchasing the Premium Pass will gain you access **to the premium tier, featuring even more rewards.

"healthy number for a normal person"

Completely Irrelevant.

base price the buyer is paying for access not progress.

So if the DEVS want to put awesome stuff at level 200 and someone makes it to 10 that the buyer still got what they paid for which is ACCESS to premium path

The buyer does not deserve or are entitled to anything other than above.

Again they do not need to always appease the lowest common denominator by doing so there is no point to having any event that is more than login rewards and simple challenges. ( win 2 rounds play 5 artifacts )

Please see my detailed post earlier in this thread for a more detailed explanation why and how its not feasible to ensure EVERYONE who buys has access to EVERYTHING and the attitude of "just leave it at 100" and " just put junk at the end " are not fair or feasible for an event of this kind.

IMO selling access and getting reward based on performance is very fair for an event again as explained in a previous as pertaining to how events of this nature are run to keep them engaging and worthwhile for all. Not just people who only play a couple games a day/ week.

IB4 " some sort of making people mad comment" again as pointed out in another post if a game has 1 million players and 100 000 don't like a decision and leave that is still only 1/10 of the entire playerbase.
Post automatically merged:

Regarding Doom Eternal, the main difference is how the skins in that game are financed, which is through purchases of the actual game. Gwent doesent have this type of financing, and I never said they shouldn't monetize skins or journey, because it is the only financing option that is available. But overall you are right, it was a bit weird to bring Doom Eternal into the argument, as i'm not trying to suggest that skins should be free, or should be easy to attain. Gwent needs to be financed somehow afterall.

I'm glad that you disagree about the prices, which is exactly why these prices are on the level they are. Using the word 'high' was a mistake from my side, as it twisted the view. CDPR simply maximises their profits by selling at prices people are willing to pay. Nothing unreasonable here, only unreasonable would be if CDPR didn't try to maximize their profits. Now I dont know if being compared with EA, would force them to lower their prices, not because people would be unwilling to pay for skins and various items, but being compared with EA is what usually scares away potential customers. Hence lowering the prices would be a profit-maximising strategy, given that good immage allows your customer base to grow.

Regarding ' Gwent Community' Argument:
This argument was made from the point of view if Gwent was to survive as a card game without monetization. I'm glad to see such strong feelings, and willingless to make a long post why I am wrong. It proves that you care, which is exactly why having community involved in decision making will ensure it's survival. The majority rules. Being part of the organisation, electing officials that are to grow this game in numbers, if they fail or make bad design choices, we vote them out. Regardless, we may require some form of financing, but despite being non-profit, doesn't mean that you can't collect funds, especially given the large community or player base Gwent has.

well thought out and communicated response you stated your opinion clearly.

I still do not agree with your the concept of a community based moderation team as again too few people have say over the many . Look at how much controversy surrounds governments.

IMO You would have to could get over 60% of the entire player base participation to vote on every single change in order for it to have any degree of fairness.

Last edited:
CDPR can and will design the journeys and their reward structures how they like. I presume that they do so with the ultimate aim of maximising the income that they get from them, but only they know for sure.

I'm not a fan of the way that they have extended the Ciri premium journey with meaningful cosmetic items, that can only be earned during the 3 months that the journey is active, being locked behind what I personally consider an excessive grind.

I purchased both journeys with the 25 level boost, as I thought it was a fair price to pay to ensure I could earn all the cosmetic items the journeys offered with a reasonable amount of playing time. That was true for the Geralt journey, but as I discovered later, is not true for the Ciri journey. It makes me less likely to purchase future journeys if this is how they will be, so they will lose some money from me.

A lost purchase from me might be more than offset with whales purchasing more extra levels to obtain all the highest level cosmetics, so perhaps their current approach earns them more in the end.

I am not entitled to anything and am not demanding anything, just providing my own personal feedback for CDPR should they be interested.

For what it's worth, I thought Lantea's suggestion here was a good one.

I doubt I will buy any more journeys in the future. Already starting to feel burnt out from the grind. Not sure if I will even get to 175 in this one. Without the fast seasonal mode it just feels like too much of a time investment.

Same.. Totally burn out from the grind. Especially after the end of blitz mode season. Probably not going to buy anymore premium journey.

you definitely have that choice. If you are one of those player types that is not happy unless you get EVERYTHING then that is probably a wise choice . I disagree that it's a design flaw or a reason the devs should change anything though as stated in the above response

As stated above if you are feeling "burnt out" that is a personal issue not a design flaw . If you buy " ACCESS" and expect to get "EVERYTHING" it's your reasoning that is flawed not the promotion this just further proves the point I was making above.

The smarter thing to do would be just play the free path and have fun and close to the end of the event then look at how far you have progressed and if you deem it of value then buy premium.

If you have not made it to the end and are not satisfied what you did earn then don't support the event and forfeit everything you would have gotten and just be happy with the "free stuff" again that result is that of a personal choice not a problem with the devs or event.

Please refer to my post above before replying as any reply has probably already been answered there.

It just occurred to me. They could add some extra crowns to faction challenge to help speed up leveling up. Double the bonus for people who pay for premium. Assuming of course they still intend to use faction challenge.

I just reached level 100 but without a Draconid season it would not have been possible for me. And I played only 8 second matches that month. It feels like a tremendous grind already, and now it's also slowed to a crawl.

If you buy " ACCESS" and expect to get "EVERYTHING" it's your reasoning that is flawed not the promotion
Many players bought Ciri's journey WITHOUT A SECOND THOUGHT basing on their good experiences from the Geralt's one.

The thing is: in previous journey players were able to get ALL UNIQUE rewards without bigger problems and without so RIDICULOUS time investment we have now. So AFTER buying the journey, most players start to regret buying it as they expected to get all crucial rewards just by playing the game in similar way to previous time.

They will not make their mistake again (and will not buy next journey) but the current damage was done.
That "chain of events" worked in similar way to false advertising.

And I played only 8 second matches that month.
What are the 8 second matches?

Last edited:
Many players bought Ciri's journey WITHOUT A SECOND THOUGHT basing on their good experiences from the Geralt's one.

The thing is: in previous journey players were able to get ALL UNIQUE rewards without bigger problems and without so RIDICULOUS time investment we have now. So AFTER buying the journey, most players start to regret buying it as they expected to get all crucial rewards just by playing the game in similar way to previous time.

They will not make their mistake again (and will not buy next journey) but the current damage was done.
That "chain of events" worked similar to false advertising.
Indeed. It may not have been false advertising, but the Geralt journey did set a level of expectation for future journeys.
  • It wasn't a massive grind to get all the unique cosmetics (or having to pay a lot of additional money).
  • The mystery card rewards were good (I only received Rares, Epics and the guaranteed Legendary in the Geralt journey, but have received only Common cards in the Ciri journey (up to level 77 so far).
Both these factors make me very hesitant to purchase future journeys without scrutinising them very closely first to see if they are worth it to me. Buying future journeys is no longer a "no brainer".

Based on all the anecdotal evidence I've seen so far, that seems to be most people's experience with the Ciri journey. Quite a let down after the generosity of the Geralt journey.
I received a Premium Legendary at level 88. Unfortunately I made the standard version a few days before. :LOL:

To my surprise, I am geting 4 RP for each level after reaching level 100. I guess 2 RP for standard and 2 RP for the premium, instead of 2, as I thought several days earlier.

Last edited:
Thread open again. A lot of content removed.

Going forward, please remember the
Forum Regulations and especially:
  • always treat others with kindness and respect
  • do not insult others and try not to easily take offense
If you are here just to attack other people, do not post.
If you are here just to ridicule other people, do not post.
If you are here just to break some other rule, do not post.

If you see a post that is problematic, please report it instead of replying to it. Replying will only get your post deleted as well, even if it is perfectly civil.

I received a Premium Legendary at level 88. Unfortunately I made the standard version a few days before. :LOL:

To my surprise, I am geting 4 RP for each level after reaching level 100. I guess 2 RP for standard and 2 RP for the premium, instead of 2, as I thought several days earlier.
are you sure you are getting 4 rps? I didnt received anything, only the rps to complete the contracts.

Top Bottom