Developer Patch Overview 7.2

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Have they mentioned what will happen to contracts tied to the rotated out abilities? I have pretty good progress on some of them and if I lose that I will be sad...

Invigorate! Lockdown! Double Cross! Royal Inspiration! Onslaught! ........ :confused:
Overall those changes are surely going to improve the game, but after this dev stream i just might get a concussion from face-palming too hard.
Post automatically merged:

Have they mentioned what will happen to contracts tied to the rotated out abilities? I have pretty good progress on some of them and if I lose that I will be sad...
Yes, they did. You will not lose any progres.

Why not delete MO faction? They are still ruining it. Just everybody play fucking NG, NR and SK. Great work! Im out..

[...] Lockdown! [...]
Did I just miss it and they announced they will remove [ . . . ] Lockdown ?
The update in which they remove that will in my opinion be the best update in the history of the game.

The new leader abilities all sound interesting (although some sound a bit overtuned).
The Greatsword rework was about time and is honestly pretty neat.
The harmony reverting sounds amazing, especially with Call of Harmony.

Etheral is now pretty awful (and might be unpalyable), although I guess till better than before.

Last edited by a moderator:
No, that still spreading and killing lives.
Too bad.
The thing is that a nerf to the ability would not even fix the issue as the issue is not the powerlevel, but the fact that Lockdown games are just the most boring games imaginable and the only games I genuinely cannot enjoy (as they are just needlessly dumbed down for no reason, taking away decisionmaking and turning the game into more an autopilot hell one is forced into against one's will).

Too bad.
The thing is that a nerf to the ability would not even fix the issue as the issue is not the powerlevel, but the fact that Lockdown games are just the most boring games imaginable and the only games I genuinely cannot enjoy (as they are just needlessly dumbed down for no reason, taking away decisionmaking and turning the game into more an autopilot hell one is forced into against one's will).

How can I vote for you for President of CDPR Patch division?

Thanks. But will be able to continue only after they rotate in again which can be a year? So you are technically stuck waiting.
If i understand it correctly - Wild card mastery will be renamed to Pirate cove mastery and so on, and your progress will stay the same.

Guest 4368268

There's some stuff in these changes that's exciting. But mostly I'd describe it as underwhelming and strange which is surprising giving the large scope of this update. But yeah, deleting SV in Skellige is a blunder and after destroying beasts SK now they put the nail in the coffin for discard SK all together.. why?

The Greatsword rework.. hmm. As they were I thought they were too strong/cheesy with support cards like decoction and Morkvarg. I like what they'll do now but at the same time I thought there was room for cards like GS if they had interesting support cards/balanced power and provisions. 'Axemen' lists are no longer a thing now I suppose. I don't see these new GS's being played much in the long run because the ceiling is so low, especially by comparison. Time will tell.

The new leader abilities are mostly very boring and/or under powered. White Frost for example seems very weak, even when I think of the synergies with it. I like Woodland Spirit and Dana for Harmony and tactical decision seems interesting and nice for a draw dependent faction like NG where it's easy to brick/miss crucial win conditions since you use cards like scenario and Ramon. Speaking of scenarios.. no bomb heaver change yet then? That's awful.

The Oneiromancy change is good. I think the ability to tutor scenarios/units/specials x2 warrants 13 provisions and combo decks that rely on it will still choose to include it. The evolving cards being toned down is also good and I understand their argumentation for it. I complained myself that they were more pointslam cards than cards actually supporting the archetype they were designed around.

My hopes were artifact removal changes, interesting new leader abilities, initiative for Schirru, increased row limits (though I wasn't expecting this) all-round stratagem buffs (wasn't counting that either) and an Ethereal change. Some of it came around at least. The Ethereal change is good. You shouldn't auto-win/lose to a 9 provision neutral card. No initiative for Schirru is baffling to me. I don't think I want to play much as long as Schirru is around.

I know some say that "he's not tier 1" or "he went unchanged for so long the meta just changed" but you could have said the same for Igni and that (rightfully) got initiative. Just let me have agency and the ability to avoid things I see coming. Getting Schirru'd for 30 points when I know full well the opponent is planning on doing it just feels awful. Vissegerd was nowhere near as oppressive and they took his formation away.

The Vincent change was a big deal to a lot of players and I noticed cause a bit of an upset between players in favour/against nerfing it. I think this change is fair. Removal mostly gets really oppressive/auto-include with either too little provision cost or too many points. I think his current form should be fine.

Overal as I said I'm disappointed because I think the fundamental issues with the game like artifact removal/scenarios, the coinflip and the increasingly awkward feeling row limits are unsolved even after this big update and continue to take away a lot from the game for me.

The game seems to be in another big transitional period and as such just feels incomplete to me. Homecoming has been out for nearly two years but I feel like I'm playing a beta as opposed to when I played the actual beta.

gwent is no fun.. it is pain, frustration and anger.. just play fucking meta or get rekt! every fun combinations and cards are dead!
Exceeept that literally all card games punish non-meta decks and in gwent this is relatively harmless compared to other games.

[...]
The Greatsword rework.. hmm. As they were I thought they were too strong/cheesy with support cards like decoction and Morkvarg. I like what they'll do now but at the same time I thought there was room for cards like GS if they had interesting support cards/balanced power and provisions. 'Axemen' lists are no longer a thing now I suppose. I don't see these new GS's being played much in the long run because the ceiling is so low, especially by comparison. Time will tell.
[...]
Dagur is still a thing, so technically speaking the Axeman ability still exists, furthermore a 10 for 6, which they can still be is no joke.

[...]
The new leader abilities are mostly very boring and/or under powered. White Frost for example seems very weak, even when I think of the synergies with it. I like Woodland Spirit and Dana for Harmony and tactical decision seems interesting and nice for a draw dependent faction like NG where it's easy to brick/miss crucial win conditions since you use cards like scenario and Ramon. Speaking of scenarios.. no bomb heaver change yet then? That's awful.
[...]
Umm, you do realize that abilities like the NR shield ability are very obviously quite overtuned, Woodland Spirit can be a bomb on a thrive filled field and with Relic being a tag ST has no access to, as well as the harmony nerf being changed back, Call of Harmony should also be very powerful, if anything these new abilities should improve variety, not to mention that MO finally has more generic leader abilites, rather than specific leader abilities and trash.

[...]
Speaking of scenarios.. no bomb heaver change yet then? That's awful.
[...]
They said it will be during one of the next updates, so it should definitely still come this year.

Last edited:
so that half of all cards are unplayable is ok?
Meta deck are always appearing, in Gwent winrates of meta decks are not even comparably through the roof as in other card games.
My point is that the game keeps improving in the regard of variety and even non-meta decks can be competetive if you know what you are doing.
You will never reach a state in any card game where every card is viable, unless the game is completely symmetrical, in which case it gets very linear.

1. So NR is going to take SK's place for the broken faction with NG behind since that's the only faction with the control and removal tools to counter it. Shield Wall leader ability is too OP for a faction with so many powerful engines that self activate and are impossible to stop once they get going.

2. Still no change to scenarios or Yenvo but a minor change to Vincent, I guess that's something.

3. Ard Gaeth is still bad but let's hope this White Frost leader ability will help. And Auberon needs to create from starting deck, not random. This allows for better synergy and prevents Yenvo from just yanking it with little consequence much like Harald's condition or other evolving cards restriction to opposing play.

4. Since they nerfed Ethereal it would be nice if they put back Caranthir's old ability since that change is now pointless. Still waiting for Imlerith's old ability to find a new home. The current one is still bad

5. They spoke about certain archetypes seeing less play but nothing to make deathwish more competitive especially with the removal of death's shadow and pretty much nerfing Kikimore queen into the ground.

Last edited:
1. So NR is going to take SK's place for the broken faction with NG behind since that's the only faction with the control and removal tools to counter it. Shield Wall leader ability is too OP for a faction with so many powerful engines that self activate and are impossible to stop once they get going.

2. Still no change to scenarios or Yenvo but a minor change to Vincent, I guess that's something.

3. Ard Gaeth is still bad but let's hope this White Frost leader ability will help. And Auberon needs to create from starting deck, not random to have better synergy and prevent Yenvo from just yanking it with little consequence much like Harald's condition.

4. Since they nerfed Ethereal it would be nice if they put back Caranthir's old ability since that change is now pointless. Still waiting for Imlerith's old ability to find a new home. The current one is still bad

5. They spoke about certain archetypes seeing less play but nothing to make deathwish more competitive especially with the removal of death's shadow and pretty much nerfing Kikimore queen into the ground.
[/QUOTE

3. Ard Gaeth is still bad but let's hope this White Frost leader ability will help. And Auberon needs to create from starting deck, not random to have better synergy and prevent Yenvo from just yanking it with little consequence much like Harald's condition.

MO is fucked! What it have? Thrive? veeeeery interesting and strooong against milion of locks and removals and other bullshits

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom