Shieldwall Hotfix Waiting Room.

+
Haven't dared to test, was busy breaking my arm:ok:.
But sounds a lot like the next big f****up has accured. I was just exited to play Scoia again but thats gotta wait (here) Somebody got coffee? Black Tea does it too.....
I bet my penny on reduced charges. Wait I think reduced charges, perhabs along prov or boost decreas could work. So I bet prov 11 and best wishes like evertime

Even looking past shield wall, look at MM cards. Ildiko is insane. A base 5 with 5 point order and instant zeal on all faction cards when inspired. This card isn’t even row locked.

Ildiko does look overwhelming. But I don’t think I’ve ever seen her played. Is there a reason for this, has she just been overlooked, or is my experience not representative?

Haven't dared to test, was busy breaking my arm:ok:.

Sorry to hear that, hope you'll recover soon.

I tested a first iteration of a devotion-shield deck yesterday with mixed results. After having read this thread I was expecting to crush my opponents, but they even managed to sneak a win. :think:

Probably I was missing a bit of consistency. I'll add Oneiromancy and maybe even King Roegner...

Ildiko does look overwhelming. But I don’t think I’ve ever seen her played. Is there a reason for this, has she just been overlooked, or is my experience not representative?

Ildiko is fun to play, and I have a couple of decks actually built arround her and King Belohun. It's a good mid-provisions deck along with Vysigota, Dandelion, Priscilla, Ffion and a bunch of bronze soldiers/Warfare. My not win a lot, but a lot of fun to play.

What have people's experiences been playing with/against Shieldwall? I've played ~20 games in the middle tiers (rank 14-16) with MO Consume and Single Ball and am yet to even encounter Shieldwall. The NR decks I've played against were using Inspiration or Pincer Maneuver.

I took it from Rank 3 to Pro in 25 games with 80% WR in 1 day. Experimented with Uprising a bit before that and Uprising is better against non-mirror matches but in the mirror it's quite bad - Omega, kill anything Anseis is pretty busted and against Shieldwall it's nearly impossible to break through Defender unless you have instakill card. I think the ability is good but Anseis breaks it - they need to make him have Veil and it's fine. Keep in mind if they nerf Shieldwall into unplayable like how they usually do things, people will go to Uprising and Uprising can play for 20 points. So you need an ability that plays for 15-20 points baseline to even be viable. Pretty cool ability, hope they don't change it, just give Anseis Veil and all will be fine.

I took it from Rank 3 to Pro in 25 games with 80% WR in 1 day. Experimented with Uprising a bit before that and Uprising is better against non-mirror matches but in the mirror it's quite bad - Omega, kill anything Anseis is pretty busted and against Shieldwall it's nearly impossible to break through Defender unless you have instakill card. I think the ability is good but Anseis breaks it - they need to make him have Veil and it's fine. Keep in mind if they nerf Shieldwall into unplayable like how they usually do things, people will go to Uprising and Uprising can play for 20 points. So you need an ability that plays for 15-20 points baseline to even be viable. Pretty cool ability, hope they don't change it, just give Anseis Veil and all will be fine.
That's a clever fix but I still think people would just purify it to pull off the combo, it's that strong. They need to make Duels just ignore Shield altogether I think.

rrc

Forum veteran
Shiledwall is actually ridiculously powerful, but since people were hard teching (even before the meta settled) from 1st and from first game (which itself is a sign of Tier 0), it may not have impressive winrate. But once meta settles and people lower their guard, this will become dominant. I have played 9 games with it and I just comfortably crush anyone who hasn't hard teched against it. Currently at 8-1 W/L ration. I can go a card down to win R1 (even using a leader charge) and push R2 for a easy comfortable 2-0.

On red coin it is a guaranteed win. I use a leader ability on the best engine I have in hand and win on even. On blue, if the opponent commits huge, I will commit a leader charge and win R1 and depends on the lenght of the R2, it is either 2-0 or 2-1. But NG can seriously mess up with ShieldWall and besides that, I don't see anything else stands a chance if the ShieldWall player plays well.

Shieldwall is a strong ability, but I guess the question is, it stronger than Uprising?

My gut feel is that it isn't, but then i also feel that Uprising is still too good compared to most of the other leaders.

On top of this and irrespective of whether it is stronger on not, the interaction between Anseis, Shields and Viraxis is a little unhealthy.

Last edited:
I think giving anseis veil is very short sighted. have fun stopping the opponents anseis in the back row, boosted to 8 or 9 power (by vysogota who has 5+ with shield and is probably defended anyway), not even being able to block (or poison, maybe rupture) it :giveup: veil isnt exactly a nerf on a powerful order card

shieldwall also turns anna into an absolute monster

Last edited:
Make it so that the card that initiates a duel first purifies itself and only then starts combat and voila? :]

This negates poison, which perfectly sets up a second round of duel with the evo card. NR must never be granted a leader with shield. It should have been play a warfare special card (not a random one, just preset a bronze,) for resupply archetype. NR also needs a nerf. They have always been top 3 and since MM they have only gotten more OP.

I guess CDPR meant well with the shield archetype stuff but honestly this leader but be much more balanced if it gave 2 armor instead of a shield, problem solved. and it also synergyses with some NR cards like redanian archer, elite and knight :shrug: also, it's not like NR didnt have the possibility to give shields before, it's just too much now

Last edited:
Armor then plays into SK' Stunning Blow. :p but they could maybe even nerf that so it does only 3 dmg if the target has no armor (it's a 4 provision card anyway :[ ).

Armor then plays into SK' Stunning Blow. :p but they could maybe even nerf that so it does only 3 dmg if the target has no armor (it's a 4 provision card anyway :[ ).
your unit would still only get 2 damage besides the removed leader buff. and I mean, there are counters for everything. I actually made a thread about this idea, I'm curious what others would think

I guess CDPR meant well with the shield archetype stuff but honestly this leader but be much more balanced if it gave 2 armor instead of a shield, problem solved. and it also synergyses with some NR cards like redanian archer, elite and knight :shrug: also, it's not like NR didnt have the possibility to give shields before, it's just too much now
Armor used to be NRs thing back in the beta so this would make sense. Maybe consider reworking the entire Shield archetype into Armor instead.

How about they make it so shielded units are not able to inflict damage while shielded? That would make sure the ability is only used defensively.

How about they make it so shielded units are not able to inflict damage while shielded? That would make sure the ability is only used defensively.
I think that would hit a lot of other units in the gut unrightfully like lyrian arbalests or something. I tried to make a full order list with arbalests and worked really well with shields but I wouldnt consider it OP

I'm pretty sure they can just make duel remove the shield before the first hit is delivered. :] Please do this.
I mean if Tourney Joust can remove it before doing damage then they can make Duel do the same for the card that uses Duel (but not for the enemy, ofc since he's already in a privileged position considering he gets the 1st hit in).

Top Bottom