Shieldwall Hotfix Waiting Room.

+
Forgive me for drifting slightly off topic, but I think you have just observed and summarized a problem with current leaders in general, and not just NR leaders — the lack of variety between different leaders in a faction.

Every SY leader provides coins / reduces costs as a significant component of its ability. 4 of 7 ST leaders generate another card and 5 involve boosting unit’s strength in some fashion. In Skellige, 4 of 7 leaders primarily damage opposing units. Of the remaining 3 SK leaders, one (Ursine ritual) has no value outside a very narrow archetype, and another (Battle Trance) has—as far as I can tell— almost no use at all. NG is a little better, but even there, 5 of 7 abilities either steal or lock abilities of your opponent. Only in MO is there good variety in leaders — and there the cards are often not effective enough to support most of the leaders.
Yeah, it felt like Beta had half the number of leaders, but twice the variety (or more).

I've not been overly impressed with the decisions taken regarding leaders in Homecoming thus far. The variety in their mechanics and their limitations with regard to supporting archetypes or just being flexible all rounders is rather poor considering there are now so many of them. More work is still required.

DRK3

Forum veteran
Treant spawn - no room for Gord oops.jpg

Sorry to repeat screenshots of the same deck i already posted, but i broke my 'biggest Roegner' previous record, so i wanted to basically show off... It was quite a friendly R3, no removal or damage on either side, and his Gord ended up being discarded because a treant spawned when he used Isengrim Council to tutor it!

Also, finished my last NR Mastery (Stockpile), so now that's another faction i've done all Mastery Contracts for, and also managed to get my 150th avatar. Quite the day :cool:

Still no news on a hotfix?
The game is unplayable like this.

Should have been ready after 3 days. Likely will take about 14. Even then, the boost will be reduced to plus 1 and the charges to 2. They may add additional duel card provisions as well (plus 1 to both.)

Still no news on a hotfix?
The game is unplayable like this.
I wonder for how long shall we have to wait for this to be towed back into a playable state. :[ middle of September is coming already. Hopefully not much long to wait.

DC9V

Forum veteran
I think Viraxis is now undoubtetly the strongest evolver because devs were too busy breaking the game and forgot to nerf it, and with Shieldwall Viraxis is like 30 value or what lol.
Compared to Geralt of Rivia (3x3 strength / 3x10 provisions), the value of viraxis+anseis+seltkirk and shieldwall is at least 43, edit: 36 points, damage and boost excluded.
(Assuming that destroying a unit equals 14 damage points.)

Last edited:
I wonder for how long shall we have to wait for this to be towed back into a playable state. :[ middle of September is coming already. Hopefully not much long to wait.
Not allowed to give my opinion cause reasons so yeah I agree with you.

Last edited:
Playing since closed beta. Reached pro and everything else. Can't remember anything disgusting enough to compare with that Shieldwall. I'm out for the first time until this utter horribleness got completely removed out of this beautiful game. No nerf, complete removal.

Playing since closed beta. Reached pro and everything else. Can't remember anything disgusting enough to compare with that Shieldwall. I'm out for the first time until this utter horribleness got completely removed out of this beautiful game. No nerf, complete removal.

Double scorch, tutor NG, unstoppable unlimited resilience, monster point slam. This game has had its share of broken. There are of course more, but the point is made. I agree shield is too powerful for NR but I doubt they remove it. They just did the overhaul, further changes just makes them look inept. They will hot fix and it will still be broken just like SK last month. Then they will hotfix again at the end of the season and further weaken NR as a faction while leaving the underlying problem alone. Welcome to CDPR run Gwent, where the motto is “if it ain’t broke, break it, and if it is broke, nerf it.”

just played against a NG doubla ball deck using Shield Wall.

I only win because ive got lucky bringing all the cards i need in the exact time and because my opponent was a little noob and made a huge mistake.

So, ok, shield wall its extremly good, but i doubt in 10 matches against double ball i win 4

I'm beginning to suspect the dev team has a disloyal unit among them.
Even if Shieldwall was perfectly balanced (it isn't) it's still just an objectively better Uprising. Even the trash that was Vicious Slash was a more inspired design than this.
Tell me, if people copypaste the exact same deck as before with this new leader, what's even the point? Just to buff NR?

It's painfully apparent the devs don't play their own game with this constant balancing by statistics approach, so why should we?
This will be 4 months of an absolutely miserable meta until an unbalanced expansion drops then the cycle starts once more. Dball all over again.

Wow, so many people complain about the shieldwall. Quite surprisingly this deck did not give me any grief just yet. Maybe I was lucky?

Thing is, it might have been nice if SW was used to bring into play lesser used units and archetypes, such as Roegner. Unfortunately this isn't the case and it's just being used to (ab)use the already established Uprising units, like Anseis, Anna and Frigates, etc. So much for expanding the archetypes.

ya1

Forum regular

They can't be serious... Just about all top ladder players I heard from agree that Shieldwall is busted. Does expert opinion count for nothing?

It's probably more busted than SK with the only difference being that early anti-SK techs didn't really work (those NG attempts at seizing/reviving their units). And this is the only reason why SW might not be at the top by far. Rockslide was already a thing before the patch, and I saw Tesham Mutna swords on the very day of the patch. People packing their faction 7p locks. Triss Lacerate coming back, movement, etc.

Last edited:
Top Bottom