Why did they change the way female V looks?

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
1600126402097.jpg

i thought she looked best in 2018.

Even if it were default female version, I'm sure you can change apperiance to make it look like old one or even better.

msxyz

Forum regular
I preferred the 2013 look. I wonder if it will be possible to recreate it with the character editor and keep her 'organic' look with all the high tech implants at our disposal...

View attachment 11059787

i thought she looked best in 2018.
2018 V look so much better then 2020
2018-2019 looks good, 2020 on the other hand... well, it's 2020..
I 100% agree. I would give 2018 V 2019 V's hair, and 2020 V's earrings, bur keep the base 2018 V look and style, and even voice.
I know that we can make our own character, but I am just sharing my opinion of what I would have liked the best for my personal preferences in general.
Post automatically merged:

can you make an attractive V? I mean in Mass Effect Andromeda you literally couldn't make an attractive female in the character creation. and ive been kinda disappointed in the way female npcs look in the new trailers.
I totally understand, It make me sad when it feels like an intentional effort was made to make it impossible to make any kind of character that is simply just beautiful. It requires a MASSIVE amount of effort to make it that difficult for any kind of person of any kind and from any background to make a character that felt personal and beautiful in their opinion. I remember large amounts of people of from every walk of life complaining that ME:Andromeda simply did not meet their standards in any way shape or form. They tried to work with that the game gave them in terms of options, but pretty much everyone seemed to share the same level of feeling that they were equally dissatisfied. I know that feel. :giveup:

BUT! I have hope and confidence that CDPR truly understands beauty, in its many shapes and forms. So I do not worry in the case of Cyberpunk2077.
I preferred the 2013 look. I wonder if it will be possible to recreate it with the character editor and keep her 'organic' look with all the high tech implants at our disposal...
Yes very cool too!

Last edited:
Since you can customize your character's looks, why does it even matter what they use in their promo? :shrug:

Since you can customize your character's looks, why does it even matter what they use in their promo? :shrug:
I mean, in some ways it doesn't matter, but in other ways it does matter. It's all subjective though. What makes me curious, is why did they change it? What inspired them? What made them feel dissatisfied with the original V? Just lots of curious questions. There's no real reasoning given (not saying they have to) which creates a lot of discussion and guessing and opinion sharing, which is actually nice, and may be the main goal, possibly.

I mean, in some ways it doesn't matter, but in other ways it does matter. It's all subjective though. What makes me curious, is why did they change it? What inspired them? What made them feel dissatisfied with the original V? Just lots of curious questions. There's no real reasoning given (not saying they have to) which creates a lot of discussion and guessing and opinion sharing, which is actually nice, and may be the main goal, possibly.

the bigger issue is can you make the original female V in the character creation?

the bigger issue is can you make the original female V in the character creation?
This is important to me as well. IS 2018 female V even possible to create in the character creator (as you say) anymore? The answer to that question has significant implications to me.

2020 looks better. She looks more like a natural bad ass and someone you wouldn't want to mess with.

2018 and even 2019 V looks like tbe girl next door who discovered mom's makeup and now wants to look "cool" and fit in with the edgy crowd.

2020 looks better. She looks more like a natural bad ass and someone you wouldn't want to mess with.

2018 and even 2019 V looks like tbe girl next door who discovered mom's makeup and now wants to look "cool" and fit in with the edgy crowd.
Thinking of it this way, I agree. I think the new her fits everything better, I do like the face of the 2018 more but doesn't give the same feel.
Everyone's talking about fem V but what about the original male V? I prefer him over the new one
I was wondering why no one mentioned this, they changed both female AND male V. Not sure why, but I also prefer original male V.

We haven't really addressed the elephant in the room for obvious reasons. Last time I brought this up my thread was immediately closed and I was reprimanded by a mod. There is a big push in videogames to make female characters less attractive on purpose because of some sort of social politics. To me I never understood the correlation. To me games have ALWAYS been about fantasy not realism. I mean nobody has a problem with all the killing, shooting, thieving that goes on but somehow an attractive female in a videogame has turned into some sociopolitical faux pas. And it's not just the way female V looks its the NPCs as well. Time will obviously tell its not long to launch but I can't say I'm not disappointed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom