Night City Wire - Media, News & Previews - links and discussion

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
CDPR is not even close to Rockstar for game optimization. I wish tw3 ran as good as rdr2 on consoles, not even considering the huge gap in graphics.
Rockstar optimalization for PC version of RDR2 was utter garbage (and it's not the first time they did a terrible job with it), while TW3 was very well optimized for PC, so let's not make any generalisations yet.

Rockstar optimalization for PC version of RDR2 was utter garbage (and it's not the first time they did a terrible job with it), while TW3 was very well optimized for PC, so let's not make any generalisations yet.
I talked about console versions.
GTA v was greatly optimized on pc though.

I hope they will announce soon whey they will announce Next Gen Patch for PS5. (Same Night city wire episode as DLC/Expansion pack road map?)

Depending how many months it will take, I would probably just wait to play that first.

By then, DLC'S would've been rolled out, patches to fix several bugs and glitches (occasional Nerfs will also take place on certain cyberware/economy/weapons/perks knowing how CDPR are with balances) and perhaps the first expansion pack.

At this point of time, no point in getting this game on PS Pro. NPc Density would be shit alongside frame rates.

Size has NOTHING to do with length. Nothing.
Size is a matter of quality of assets, how much the audio is compressed, how many times the same asset is repeated and on and on...

That's... Exactly my point?

I don't know about Witcher 3 on consoles but it ran extremely well on PC.

Rockstar may be better on console, but not on PC. TW2 looks as good or better than GTA5 and it came out in 2011. The fact they got TW3 down to 35 GB is a miracle.

By the way, there was this post NCW interview with Patrick Mills that I think many people missed. I posted it's summary on the polish forum, so I guess I might post it here as well. Not many new things here, but still it's always a couple of interesting details.

- we can acquire things belonging to the gangs, like clothes, vehicles and the weapons by staying at their good graces, but also by simply killing it's members. There are some other benefits we can receive from working with the gangs as well that he didn't want to spoil

- when it comes to the option of working alongside Trauma Team, he also refused to share any details about that due to potential spoilers, but we will definitely encounter them at the different points of the game

- they didn't wanted to include a classic reputation system in their game based on the mechanical, repeatable actions, instead they wanted the player to form relationships with the gangs (and other factions in the game) through story choices

- when he was asked whether there will be a minigame similar to Gwent, he responded that they have something like that in the game, although they didn't reveal that yet

- he is unable to give the exact number of quests in the game, but there is a ton of content (main quests, larger side quests, plenty of minor quests and side activities)

- when it comes to the lack of loading screens in the game during exploration, Patrick clarified one misconception that some people (like Alanah) had, the elevators in the game don't serve as a hidden loading screen, they simply there to take you to places. He himself is not sure how their engineers managed to pulled that off. We might see brief loading screens only when we are using fast travel or during a certain scenes (like ones that involve some form of time skip)

- they are only allowing the players to explore a certain number of buildings. In his opinion being able to enter every building in the game is something that everyone thinks they want, but in reality that would make for a really tedious experience. What's more, that would force them to rely on procedurally generated content for the interiors, which they would rather avoid

- the main story will be slightly shorter then the one in The Witcher 3, because people complained that the one in the third Witcher was dragging on too much at times and that's why many, while they did play the game a lot, never managed to finish it. Currently they are still testing how long it will take to complete the entire game, but there is a lot of content, so it should be pretty long

- we can use fast travel via DataTerms and subway stations

- every quest can be completed without killing anybody, although it might be quite challenging, seeing how violent this world is. In order to do that, you need to choose the right dialogue options, choose your fights carefully and look for the way out from certain confrontations

- although he didn't give the exact number of romance options, he revealed that all potential love interests were already shown in the promotional materials. He was curious whether people manage to figure out who those people are

- regarding whether we will be able to destroy some gang completely, he didn't want to reveal much, but he suggested that if something like that occured in the game, it would depend on our story choices and it's not something we can do by shooting random gang members on the streets

- when it comes to health regeneration, it will return with time after using consumables, but also after we acquire a certain perks and cyberware. There is a lot of different consumables in the game, which gives us various bonuses. Consuming them at the right time is a part of "high level play"

Last edited:
- the main story will be slightly shorter then the one in The Witcher 3, because people complained that the one in the third Witcher was dragging on too much at times and that's why many, while they did play the game a lot, never managed to finish it. Currently they are still testing how long it will take to complete the entire game, but there is a lot of content, so it should be pretty long

:disapprove:

- although he didn't give the exact number of romance options, he revealed that all potential love interests were already shown in the promotional materials. He was curious whether people manage to figure out who those people are

For a world about look and without respect for the body, it seems strange that I still have to see one enhanced body.
Even today we do better...
:facepalm:

- we can acquire things belonging to the gangs, like clothes, vehicles and the weapons by staying at their good graces, but also by simply killing it's members. There are some other benefits we can receive from working with the gangs as well that he didn't want to spoil

I feel happy that they answered my question about what you can get from the gangs <3 :love:

For a world about look and without respect for the body, it seems strange that I still have to see one enhanced body.
Even today we do better...

More accurately: appearance-enhanced. Yes, I get what you mean :p
While V has so far been only in the introductory part of the game (before the events of the 2019 trailer), and down on the streets... Youd think that at least SOMEBODY would enhance their appearance just to butter up to the gangsters.

Gameplay footage from Tokyo Game Show showcasing the extended Braindance sequence and a new version of the meeting with the Maelstrom gang (in Japanese).

Lifepaths and Postcards from Night City trailers with Japanese dub.

I'LL NEVER FORGIVE THE JAPANESE!

Pay attention to some stats dependent choices in dialog.
Yeah, I noticed them too. It seems like you can discuss more of technical details behind Braindance with Judy if your Tech is high enough and do something with Royce when he turns around, instead of just waiting or pulling the gun on him, that involves Body stat (maybe restraining him in order to force the other gang members to give you the Flathead for free). It seems like they also added an option of trying to appease Maelstrom by offering double amount of money.

1.jpg

Man, this looks so much better than 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom