Inventory size, Holsters/Belts/Straps/Backpacks, Weapon concealment - immersion elements

+

Which type of character inventory do you prefer?

• 1. A more realistic inventory with several weapons at hand

Votes: 38 67.9%
  • 2. Classical RPG inventories with large arsenals

Votes: 12 21.4%
  • 3. Something else - explain in the comments

Votes: 6 10.7%

• Total voters
Last edited:
A reddit user (Edgerunnerunknown) posted a link to a german interview.

According to that, the inventory will have a weight limit and you can hold 3 weapons on holster.

If that's true, then I think it'll be great. What do you guys think about that?

Source: https://www.nightcitylife.de/index....xxl-preview-cyberpunk-2077-angespielt?start=4

This is cool. I really approve if its true. Its more believable than the traditional infinite inventories, adds much depth to inventory management, gives meaning to temporary storage such as your car trunk or the weapon room inside your apartment. Now you have to put some thought into what you are going to be using instead of blandly carrying everything with you all the time. Picking right tool for the job.

I love looting trash and hoarding as much as possible for materials and stuff to sell.
I think the car trunk idea is pretty cool. I hope you can put weapons into trunk like that trailer where V is in working with what I presume was Tiger Claws defending a client doing business with Maelstorm

I also love the armory in the apartment, think that was a good touch for a mercenary lifestyle. Not sure how relevant to the topic this is; I'm just hyped :D

1602428728597.png

Here's a quick screengrab from the 48 minute gameplay video from 2018. It's the armory inside V's apartment. Given all the slots for placing weapons in, I feel as if we'll have a limited space to carry weapons, with the opportunity to store weapons at our apartment and pick and choose the weapons we want to take out at any given time. Personally, I like that system. Makes us think about how we want to approach things any given day or mission. Melee? Long range? Short range? Explosive?

I think that Police should arrest V on sight.
:ROFLMAO:
And how will they arrest V?:coolstory:
I think I will make my V a police and then I will accidentally arrest myself :smart:
all the other cops looking at me like "bruh what are you doing!?"
and that one cop that accidentally all the evidence:

Put it through google translate, so there might be some inaccuracies, but sounds good to me:
The inventory is divided into your backpack, equipment and cyberware. The game allows you to wear clothes as headgear, on the face, in two layers on the upper body, as pants and shoes.

There is also a separate field for outfits, which probably correspond to a complete look made up of several associated parts (perhaps a suit, for example).

Cyberware mods or fragments also seem to be part of the inventory screen and here I see four free slots.

I can currently see three slots for weapons that can be equipped.

With Quick Access you can choose a gadget or a consumable item, which can then be quickly selected on the D-Pad

As far as I can roughly estimate, the inventory is visually represented as an area of 10x12 fields. With the items you have the filters for all objects, weapons, clothing, consumables, quickhacks and job items.

The maximum number of items you can carry with you naturally depends on the weight. The size of the icons in the backpack, however, seems to represent the actual size of the objects: an inhaler has one field, a gun perhaps two fields.

1) Weight is a factor
2) Realism/immersion element is introduced through the backpack (as opposed to magic pockets)
3) 3 equipped weapons on hand
4) Attire is divided into 4 slots: head, pants, and 2 layers on the upper body

Points for CDPR.

Or do this give people the option on how they handle the inventory at the difficulty setting in options. You already shortened the Cyberpunk, because some people didn't finish witcher. A game.that never.interested me. I already hate the rdr 2 horse system dont bring that small inventory thing to cyberpunk. I'm not slave to immersion like some people
I'ma turn the map into a warzone

Put it through google translate, so there might be some inaccuracies, but sounds good to me:
The inventory is divided into your backpack, equipment and cyberware. The game allows you to wear clothes as headgear, on the face, in two layers on the upper body, as pants and shoes.

There is also a separate field for outfits, which probably correspond to a complete look made up of several associated parts (perhaps a suit, for example).

Cyberware mods or fragments also seem to be part of the inventory screen and here I see four free slots.

I can currently see three slots for weapons that can be equipped.

With Quick Access you can choose a gadget or a consumable item, which can then be quickly selected on the D-Pad

As far as I can roughly estimate, the inventory is visually represented as an area of 10x12 fields. With the items you have the filters for all objects, weapons, clothing, consumables, quickhacks and job items.

The maximum number of items you can carry with you naturally depends on the weight. The size of the icons in the backpack, however, seems to represent the actual size of the objects: an inhaler has one field, a gun perhaps two fields.

1) Weight is a factor
2) Realism/immersion element is introduced through the backpack (as opposed to magic pockets)
3) 3 equipped weapons on hand
4) Attire is divided into 4 slots: head, pants, and 2 layers on the upper body

Points for CDPR.
Seems good. Im liking this gear/inventory system approach.
For some reason I kind of like this, and I am willing to try it out for a while, but I'm 100% sure I will eventually get sick of it and get a mod that gives me infinite hammer space inventory for everything, and infinite cybermods slots.

Or do this give people the option on how they handle the inventory at the difficulty setting in options. You already shortened the Cyberpunk, because some people didn't finish witcher. A game.that never.interested me. I already hate the rdr 2 horse system dont bring that small inventory thing to cyberpunk. I'm not slave to immersion like some people
I'ma turn the map into a warzone
whoa whoa okay relax :oops:
lol

This is a really hard one. On the one hand, it would be cool to have to have a weapon set and have to make a tactical plan on how you want to approach a mission, and decide what weapons to take to do the job.

On the other hand, its way more fun to have access to more weapons so if you see something you want to blow up or just feel like using something else because the ones you have on you arent fun anymore in this mission, you can just swap out and enjoy your self.

I think either way, ill be happy with how it is. Both have draw backs.

tactical - Cant swap to something you feel more like using if you dont have it - have to make sacrifices if you find a fun cool new weapon

standard rpg style - Dont get to have that immersive feeling or the fun of making a plan

I think the biggest thing that makes me lean towards the "bottomless pockets" more, is the "finding a new weapon" part. You set up a weapon set that you like to use, but find a fun new weapon and want to try it out, but to do that you have to send one of your current weapons away, and cant get it back until after the mission.

Last edited:
This is a really hard one. On the one hand, it would be cool to have to have a weapon set and have to make a tactical plan on how you want to approach a mission, and decide what weapons to take to do the job.

On the other hand, its way more fun to have access to more weapons so if you see something you want to blow up or just feel like using something else because the ones you have on you arent fun anymore in this mission, you can just swap out and enjoy your self.

tactical - Cant swap to something you feel more like using if you dont have it - have to make sacrifices if you find a fun cool new weapon

standard rpg style - Dont get to have that immersive feeling or the fun of making a plan

I think the biggest thing that makes me lean towards the "bottomless pockets" more, is the "finding a new weapon" part. You set up a weapon set that you like to use, but find a fun new weapon and want to try it out, but to do that you have to send one of your current weapons away, and cant get it back until after the mission.
Yea I gotta agree with that. :shrug:

If I understood the article correctly you have 3 equipped/holstered weapons aka 3 weapon slots.
You have a backpack where you can store some additional weapons.
If you keep some spare room in the backpack, you are fine.

Otherwise, you might get a mod for a bottomless backpack, if you don't feel like thinking about these things.

I think carrying 3 weapons would suit me fine. I have no problem with a little more realism, but I would like to be able to pick up lots of stuff, weapons included, and not have to worry about dropping things I might need. So I guess it's the age old inventory question: weight limit vs grid square limit. Anyone know which one they are leaning towards?

I think carrying 3 weapons would suit me fine. I have no problem with a little more realism, but I would like to be able to pick up lots of stuff, weapons included, and not have to worry about dropping things I might need. So I guess it's the age old inventory question: weight limit vs grid square limit. Anyone know which one they are leaning towards?
From what I heard in this thread, (if I'm not mistaken) seems like both, which will probably drive me crazy.

Weight limit.
Grid squares are there just for the aesthetics but they don't play a role.

Also, introduction of "loot/move to trunk" button/key would solve this issue.
You would be able to loot everything in one go (without going back and forth, and other stupid grinding), and you would be able to send your current weapons into storage upon finding seemingly better ones (you wouldn't have to choose to give one up permanently, but you would also be prevented from carrying everything with you).

Kingdom Come: Deliverance has a "move to horse" option where you have an additional large inventory to store stuff. (although it can be accessed at any time, anywhere).
I'd argue that "move to trunk" option should work only in one direction and send your loot into vehicle/apartment storage, that can be accessed there later.
Otherwise, you would basically have unlimited inventory with the added hassle off moving items around between two menus.

Weight limit.
Grid squares are there just for the aesthetics but they don't play a role.

Also, introduction of "loot/move to trunk" button/key would solve this issue.
You would be able to loot everything in one go (without going back and forth, and other stupid grinding), and you would be able to send your current weapons into storage upon finding seemingly better ones (you wouldn't have to choose to give one up permanently, but you would also be prevented from carrying everything with you).

Kingdom Come: Deliverance has a "move to horse" option where you have an additional large inventory to store stuff. (although it can be accessed at any time, anywhere).
I'd argue that "move to trunk" option should work only in one direction and send your loot into vehicle/apartment storage, that can be accessed there later.
Otherwise, you would basically have unlimited inventory with the added hassle off moving items around between two menus.
Yea all pretty good points. I never discovered this feature in kingdom for some reason. They didn't make it obvious enough.
I gotta agree with most of that yea. I am very worried about losing weapons. I do hope to be able to auto-send all my loot to my home base storage, and I hope my home base has unlimited storage.

If I understood the article correctly you have 3 equipped/holstered weapons aka 3 weapon slots.
You have a backpack where you can store some additional weapons.
If you keep some spare room in the backpack, you are fine.

Otherwise, you might get a mod for a bottomless backpack, if you don't feel like thinking about these things.

That's what I meant by "bottomless pockets", I meant the normal weight limit type inventory but "bottomless" in the sense that you can fit 3 bazookas in your backpack.

Sounds like it's just the normal rpg way, not the "tactical immersion" inventory.
Post automatically merged:

From the sounds of it you can carry any amount of weapons up to the weight limit bit have 3 *equipped * not a limit of carrying 3 weapons.

I'm a big fan of KCD and something like that would be convenient. Hopefully we won't have to relive the good times of being over encumbered walking ever so slowly back down the hill in the dark to the miller's.

I like the recycle method used in System Shock, and copied in Prey, where random items can be salvaged quickly for materials. I thought I saw that they were considering a quick salvage kinda mechanism for junk.

I am really looking forward to the crafting and I hope we will be able to carry lots of materials and components.

Top Bottom