Are you disappointed?

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
As good as Cyberpunk 2077 will be, it also has its drawbacks.

- Shorter main story than The Witcher 3
- Small Map
- No Subway System
- Can't use the Flathead as a companion
- Only 29 base model vehicles
- No Third-Person Perspective
- Third Person Cutscenes are almost non-existent
- No Wall Running
- No Car Customization
- Can't own multiple apartments
- Only 70 GB (Not as big as Red Dead Redemption 2)

I'll add more missing content if I think of any. Are you disappointed with these missing features? I am but Cyberpunk 2077 will still be a great game nonetheless.

Not really for me

Game size, and raw data doesn't show how the game can be immersive with story, or how remarckable npcs can be. It's a RPG after all.

There are a lot of great games that, in raw numbers doesn't impress. Yakuza 0 for example: the story have some drama and humor, the map is very small, there are a lot of mini games, but it have some undeniable quality that keeps you playing because the characters are very good, the map is beautiful, quests are interesting, and so on.

Numbers doesn't mean quality, and in Cyberpunk 2077 case, the numbers aren't bad at all. So I have a gut feeling that it will be great.

I was lucky enough to get one of the collectors sets of Cyberpunk 2077 and felt that a couple of changes might have set back some of my anticipation.

1. Only 29 base model vehicle choices in a city?
2. No Car Customization, I believe there was "Horse equipment" customization in the Witcher and it is your main mode of transport in Night City?
3. Can't own multiple apartments, does this mean a limitation on vehicle ownership also?
4. No Third-Person Perspective, only first person?

With the amount of hype this game has created, everyone will be disappointed in one way or another. Features always get cut out of initial game plans, it's just that most companies aren't public about it. On one hand I'm glad CDPR is open about it, on the other hand it does create a lot of disappointment when they cut features.

The subway system was one of my personal favourite features, but I'm still very excited to play the game. I do hope some of these come back as DLC.

As good as Cyberpunk 2077 will be, it also has its drawbacks.

- Small Map
- No Subway System
- No Wall Running
- No Car Customization

I'll add more missing content if I think of any. Are you disappointed with these missing features? I am but Cyberpunk 2077 will still be a great game nonetheless.

This is a weird thread. How can I be disappointed for something if I have not yet even play the game. It's a very unfair treatment if you ask me. Also some of the stuff that being listed are a lack of understanding or even pure lies based off no grounds. Here's the deal:

+ Main story slightly shorter is not a cut content, but purely game design. The devs want a more tight main story with the side stories more lengthy & pivotal, almost indistinguishable between each other. Making it a webs of branching stories. This is might actually very suitable too for multiple playthroughs, since it mostly likely what the devs hoping for.

- Small Map
+ the map is simply not small. This is laughable, especially they already shown NC & its verticality levels.

- No Subway System
+ Subway system is never been really what they aim for. It exist, but clearly a terminal station are far more likely being use by players & very much so.

- Techie class is too similar with netrunner, that's why the devs basically mix it up. I think flathead or bots might have a different purpose & we will see more of it.

- 29 BASE MODELS of CARS, not vehicles. This is a wrong statement. Also, if we will have countless of different variants & sets based owners, places, gangs, & etc. This is a very poor point to be "disappointed"

- Plenty of games has one perspective only, but somehow this game is the only one with special case of overblown complains. It's very weird to complained & demanded especially for a new game/new franchise that have no established design yet. Also, you still can see your V in some cutscenes, mirrors, inventory, & vehicles (especially motorbikes).

+ Again, same thing with the TPP argument

- No Wall Running
+ Proof of concept don't always appropriate or suitable for a full game. That's the reality of game development. I am sure the devs were the ones that mostly wanted it. It's a hard decision & the devs need to be wise with it.

- No Car Customization
+ Once again, they have never truly promised this & there is no footage of the feature even exist in the first place.

+ this is getting ridiculous. The devs once again never even confirmed this.

+ LOL, you clearly have no idea about game compression & optimization. Witcher 3 vanilla is about 30+ GB & that game has more contents than RDR1 & RDR2 combined!! I am sorry but this is such a STUPID IGNORANCE THING TO COMPLAIN.

So you want a 90+ GB of basically mediocrity nothingness like FFXV?? or even complete nonsensical 200+ GB of CODMW 2019 that barely have any campaign to begin with?? ONCE AGAIN, LACK OF UNDERSTANDING ....

This whole thread is truly ridiculous ...

I won't say disappointed because there could be amazing stuff in game that I just haven't seen yet, but based off what I currently know, I'm not particularly happy about it. I guess we just have to wait and see, I have only heard of stuff cut/removed but not really added, so maybe they are simply hiding some new content? Never know.

But if you are unsure, least people will review the game and you can wait until then.

I'm waiting for reviews and benchmarks before I pick this game up for PC. Hopefully it is well optimised.

I'm not that truly hyped for this title and I have always kept my expectations low regarding what is possible.

I'm more skeptical in the tone and writing of this game along (NEON GTA as it is marketed as) with CDPR history of poor gameplay mechanics in past games.

Disappointed sad or displeased because someone or something has failed to fulfil one's hopes or expectations.

- Small Map
+ the map is simply not small. This is laughable, especially they already shown NC & its verticality levels.

Verticality is nothing if you can't enter all floors of every building, that is also have to do with game engine limits and stuff, but saying game map is large since it is modern day city is not really true, GTA is big but not bigger than Witcher 3.
Also Night City is not Hengsha from Deus Ex HR where new city is built over old one, so verticality is not that big thing as every one praise it to be.

- Techie class is too similar with netrunner, that's why the devs basically mix it up. I think flathead or bots might have a different purpose & we will see more of it.

Not really that similar with netrunner, you can be engineer and not know how to hack things, you can also be hacker who don't know any engineer stuff, both class would be fine and good on their own, Netrunner focus on hacking and softwares and Techi on robots and gadgets, but let's see if for MP sudden Techi and Netrunner are not so similar and you get all the robots helper as you need.

+ Main story slightly shorter is not a cut content, but purely game design. The devs want a more tight main story with the side stories more lengthy & pivotal, almost indistinguishable between each other. Making it a webs of branching stories. This is might actually very suitable too for multiple playthroughs, since it mostly likely what the devs hoping for.

Problem with Witcher 3 was that nothing was stopping you to take a walk all over the map when in story you are need to find Ciri really fast or she die, but in game nop let's see what is in that bush over there next to this vilage all the way on this end of the map.
That made game so long and dragged out, also at start of Witcher 3 you meet Gaunter O'Dimm and you talk with him and than he is out of the game, till first DLC came out, that was cut content.

Until the game comes out and I'll find out why they did what they did with some of the features. I won't say anything.
I've begged and dreamed for features over the years, but ultimately, there are only 2 things I want from this CDPR game:

1. An extremely dense vertical map full of exploration opportunities and TW3 levels of interesting open-world encounters.
2. A roller coaster of emotions

Other features come second and will only serve as a backdrop. The lore, the flying cars, the gunplay, the melee hit visual feedback and customization mean absolutely nothing if there are no memorable situations and locations.

Last edited:
I'm upset not seeing my weapon idea in Cyberpunk 2077

I already wrote this but
I wanted to propose an idea to add a katana that only has an electric arc instead of a blade that will extend from the handle to the separated scabbard (hold the scabbard in your left hand and the handle on the right. There is no blade only an electric arc. No electrical conductors or cables.At the moment of disconnection, the handle and scabbard do not bind anything. Let the scabbard will be a battery in a katana (power source. The charge travels through the air from the scabbard to the handle.) Such a weapon could easily cut through steel, like a knife through butter, like an electric arc.
But its charge is limited, for a certain number of hits and it would have to be recharged again - so the weapon will not make the game much easier.
And naturally, the exposure of such a sword should last only a second
XFp-MQGMnec.jpg
(open, cut the object, quickly return it to its scabbard), because energy is also spent on heating the air passing through it and the charge is quickly consumed. It would look very impressive. The analogue to this is the chainsaw from DOOM 2016. It is rarely used, but works flawlessly - a powerful weapon.
View attachment 11056814
An analogue to this in the picture above, only instead of wires-contacts on the sides - the handle of the katana and its "sheath". View attachment 11056823View attachment 11056820
View attachment 11056817
For a better explanation, I couldn't find a picture.
thumb_1200x630_thumb_910x0_b607c9af0-1.jpg

Such a wave of electricity is capable of making wide cuts, but stabbing blows with such a wave will not work (most likely). It's more like a whip that cuts through steel like a lightsaber, but this whip has no end. Also this sword could have additional batteries attached to sheath that, when discharged, could be thrown like grenades (like Samsung's batteries), like with an exploding weapon when reloading in Borderlands and it can add ranged elements to melee.

I am also upset about the think of not hearing the genre of darksynth or synthwave music in game

Last edited:
I can't really say how i feel about much of what may be there or isn't there; and i probably won't know how i feel until i'm playing the game on November 19th; a.k.a: spending 14 hours in Character creation. :p

But i do know that when i first read/heard that Cyperpunk was going to be in the FPP (first person perspective) i do remember feeling disappointed..

However, over time; the more i saw what the game world looked like and how V interacts with it, the level of detail, and obvious artistic passion on full display, my opinion on FPP changed a lot.

It looks like it outright enhances the experience, and it feels like third-person would actually ruin the intimacy and immersion of how exploring something new would feel in this game specifically.

I don't know if i can say the same for other first person perspective games, i normally don't play FPS games or shooters and i like my roleplaying games with isometric/3rd-person-viewpoints; so Cyberpunk 2077 for me is the big exception. :)

- No Subway System
- No Wall Running
- No Car Customization

These are disappointing features indeed to not have in the final game.
Especially multiple apartments. Love older GTA's that allowed you to buy houses and apartments all over the map.

Well as I was expecting the character creation system will be very limiting as you cannot change head shape or face bones. Not only all the presets look similar (with default 2018 female V missing), it looks as female and male V share same head model. Changing nose shape or slapping tattoos is not enough to get V to look how you want.

Guess no truly unique V until full head replacement mods :giveup:

From the beginning this game fells too much like GTA - aka the game for masses. It has that atmosphere and some elements which i don't like. And by watching these new videos that's even more clear.

This is not the direction i ever imagined CDPR will go to.

From the beginning this game fells too much like GTA - aka the game for masses. It has that atmosphere and some elements which i don't like. And by watching these new videos that's even more clear.

This is not the direction i ever imagined CDPR will go to.

The only similarity is that it's an open world game and that its predominantly in city urban environment.

GTA is not an RPG, there is no character customization ( Some clothes only ) , no stats. Comparing GTA with CP is comparing apples to oranges. They might look similar because both San Andrea's and CP will take place in San Francisco however in GTA you practically have no choice or player agency you just do linear missions.

Define game for masses for me. Every company wants to sell their product to as many people as possible for profit. It's not a big surprise in the end they are still a company and you have to sell your game.

People who go into this game expecting it to be GTA will likely be disappointed. Since it still requires time for your character to even steal cars unlike in GTA where you just go press triangle.

A game for masses is a game stripped of part of it's depth, as depth can be perceived as "boring" for the masses, to sell more to those masses.
And something, what can be perceived as "boring" for the masses car go very far.

Not sure how anyone can look at CP and go " This lacks depth " some quests have 8 - 12 different ways of finishing it. If that's not depth then I dont know what is.

Not sure how anyone can look at CP and go " This lacks depth " some quests have 8 - 12 different ways of finishing it. If that's not depth then I dont know what is.

I wrote "part of its depth".
Example: CDprojekt want people to toy freely with cyberware, so they get rid of a bit of " boring depth" for "fun for masses".

He is talking about "true rpg" things, when you need to have some points in agility stat and successful dice roll to sit a chair. :coolstory:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom