[Suggestions]NUDITY MEGATHREAD - Remove censorship and bring back what advertised

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
So while I'm pro-nudity not being censored. I don't think people should be pro-nudity "activist" unless they understand the censorship argument. Which isn't just "we need to protect the eyes of children." It's much more complex than that. We live in something called "civilization" it's a word we don't think much about, but it didn't come from no-where. There are practices of our western civilization that have helped to elevate society to the point that we have such great technological advancement to even be creating videogames much less collaborating on them across the global. One of the values that helped to elevate mankind is modesty. We've become less and less modest over the years and that has contributed to the decline of civilization. Like it or not. Modesty is a virtue. So it shouldn't be flagrantly thrown out because we're the new hip humans.

That's the argument. So try and show a little more respect for pro-censorship peeps.
I don't believe I've shown a lack of respect, but I will say that respect is a two way street, just like trust.
My respect for the people who don't want to see certain things will grow if they can also respect the people who are okay with seeing things. What I notice is that pro-censorship people adamantly do not want anyone to have it any other way than their way, which is a total lack of respect for everyone with any different idea other than their own.

Am I considered an activist simply because I dare have an opinion different than those who actively censor things, for example... like opinions, or nudity?

I would argue that since the ancient times, we have become more and less modest in a variety of complicated different ways, but perhaps our reasoning or attitudes towards the nudity have shifted in unhealthy ways. We have become better in some ways, but worse in others.

The censorship people have their fair chance to explain what they want and what they think, and everyone else has the right to explain their side as well.

The censorship people have their fair chance to explain what they want and what they think, and everyone else has the right to explain their side as well.

What pro-censorship people should explain themselves better, but that burden isn't on them. More than half the time they don't know why they support the argument on an intellectual level.

So why do I say the burden is not on them? Because that's how conservatism works. Back in the day people did think about things, argue things and decided this is what worked best, and if it did work out best such as how western civilization pulled the world into greatness advancing humanity by leaps and bounds then you MUST respect those people who built that civilization.

If you "think" or "feel" like something "should" be changed the burden is on the person who wants to change things to FIRST understand why those "people way back when" decided to implement the policies they did. Then discuss WHY you believe this change would benefit society. Then decide the exact parameters and how to implement said change.

People have failed to do this countless times often proposing radical changes which has crippled human progress in many ways, and has severely crippled civility.

What pro-censorship people should explain themselves better, but that burden isn't on them. More than half the time they don't know why they support the argument on an intellectual level.

So why do I say the burden is not on them? Because that's how conservatism works. Back in the day people did think about things, argue things and decided this is what worked best, and if it did work out best such as how western civilization pulled the world into greatness advancing humanity by leaps and bounds then you MUST respect those people who built that civilization.

If you "think" or "feel" like something "should" be changed the burden is on the person who wants to change things to FIRST understand why those "people way back when" decided to implement the policies they did. Then discuss WHY you believe this change would benefit society. Then decide the exact parameters and how to implement said change.

People have failed to do this countless times often proposing radical changes which has crippled human progress in many ways, and has severely crippled civility.
I don't know where you're making the connection to conservatism (or other political stuff) out of nowhere, so I wont get into that.
You mention western civilization, I assume you're talking about the USA? If I'm mistaken please correct me. You say that I must respect the people who built that. I never said I didn't respect anyone, especially not mentioning the USA in regards to respect in any way. I said my respect would grow more if the pro-censorship crowd basically just lived in peace, and let others live in peace, so everyone can win and get what they want. If we are talking about the USA, without getting into politics in any way, I would argue that USA was founded on the principles of freedom. Correct? Censorship seems to be the opposite of that and has constantly been used throughout pretty much all of known human history to silence and chain people and prevent freedom, regardless of any politics or any sides, censorship has been prevalent for a long time.

You say:
"What pro-censorship people should explain themselves better, but that burden isn't on them. More than half the time they don't know why they support the argument on an intellectual level."
If the burden isn't on them, then who may I ask, is the burden upon?

If censorship is something that the the pro-censorship people want, then I would argue the burden is actually on them to convince everyone to willingly adopt that way of doing things, but as you say, more than half the time they don't know why they support it. I have also noticed that in many cases, because there really isn't much of a good argument towards it.

So then why should anyone accept it, especially since it diminishes artwork, movies, video games, books, and essentially all forms of art and expression?

I also say that the burden is on them because since they can not convince people to willingly give up their freedoms, they seem to often take it upon themselves to intentionally carry that burden and resort to simply forcing people to just take the censorship, like when you watch a movie or a game, and it's already been censored and there is no option to change a setting and experience it without censorship.

You go on to say:
"If you "think" or "feel" like something "should" be changed the burden is on the person who wants to change things to FIRST understand why those "people way back when" decided to implement the policies they did. Then discuss WHY you believe this change would benefit society. Then decide the exact parameters and how to implement said change.

People have failed to do this countless times often proposing radical changes which has crippled human progress in many ways, and has severely crippled civility."

I feel like this proves my point here. If people Must understand something, then others Must be willing to explain their reasoning, but no explanation is being presented, so how can anyone understand? Can silence, the thing being promoted even be understood? At which point I wonder, will we accept artists submitting blank and empty canvasses to art galleries full of other equally blank canvasses? If the pro-censorship people feel like things should be censored, the burden is on them, for wanting to change the world to be censored to their tastes. Unfortunately they do not seem to want to have any kind of discussion, they simply want the censorship, and they want the censorship right now, and they want it for everyone, whether anyone wants it or not. They do not care about the people, and they do not care about the art, which they are clearly more than willing to tarnish and dilute and diminish for the sake of their rather selfish goals.

Censorship in this case, is the very thing being- not proposed, but rather forced upon, and crippling everyone.

Nobody ever asked me if I would like to be censored or not. Nobody ever gave me a choice. One day I woke up, and there were people already there, who had already taken the choice away from me and everyone else without our consent. Is art even art if it is censored?

Last edited:
So CDPR said before that the game will only be censored in places like Japan. Though in one of the trailers, the guy in the tub had on underwear instead of being nude like he was in the 2018 demo. So I don't know. The only way to find out is by asking one of the devs. I don't have any social media so I can't do it.

Well Sony is a Japanese company and Japan doesn't allow naughty bits on their network. So Sony doesn't allow it. Therefor Cyberpunk 2077 will likely be censored on Playstation. You may still have the options to play around with your bits, but aside from increasing a bulge for a guy and inflating or deflating the bosom of a gal you're likely not going to be able to see them bits.

*in japan* so not "therefore on ps it will be censored" but "therefore in japan"

There is zero evidence to suggest it will be censored on ps worldwide.

*in japan* so not "therefore on ps it will be censored" but "therefore in japan"

I did say it is likely for two reasons. One is that it is a Japanese company and Two they've never allowed it before.
Xbox has one precedent with "No Way Out" showing a bit of schlong.

That said we'll have to wait and see. You may not call that evidence, but that's what I call historically significant.

I did say it is likely for two reasons. One is that it is a Japanese company and Two they've never allowed it before.
Xbox has one precedent with "No Way Out" showing a bit of schlong.

That said we'll have to wait and see. You may not call that evidence, but that's what I call historically significant.
Yea, it's significant enough possibility (for me anyway) that if I were to possibly be considering to buy a playstation, I might just wait before buying, or just grab an Xbox or PC. Not console warring or anything, I'm just saying, even though I'm buying on PC this information has made me consider the thought of this, and give me considerable thoughts of paranoia, even though I'm not the one at risk, I actually worry for those who might be. Imagine what I said before right?

Well yea, it's extremely scary.
>Okay so I'm in the USA or Australia so no worries about censorship!
>Alright here let me drop 500$ on the PS4 or PS5 console, 60$-70$ on the game, maybe 60$ for the year pack of online subscription fee, maybe I also purchased a new fancy HD TV for the console, and maybe I also set aside a few weeks or a month or two for vacation so that I could play the game without anything ruining the experience for me.
>release day comes out
>Alright! here lets pop in the game
>Censored

all that wasted money...

Well yea, it's extremely scary.
>Okay so I'm in the USA or Australia so no worries about censorship!
>Alright here let me drop 500$ on the PS4 or PS5 console, 60$-70$ on the game, maybe 60$ for the year pack of online subscription fee, maybe I also purchased a new fancy HD TV for the console, and maybe I also set aside a few weeks or a month or two for vacation so that I could play the game without anything ruining the experience for me.
>release day comes out
>Alright! here lets pop in the game
>Censored

all that wasted money...

It would be bad business for Sony to let Xbox get the jump on them with nudity , who would buy the new PS if Sony sensors nudes while Xbox doesn`t . It`s all about money that Sony would be just giving away .

It would be bad business for Sony to let Xbox get the jump on them with nudity , who would buy the new PS if Sony sensors nudes while Xbox doesn`t . It`s all about money that Sony would be just giving away .
While that is true, I wouldn't say it's impossible since I have seen lots of companies do silly things before that made no sense.
For example, I forget who, but someone on the forums I think more than a week ago mentioned that they think it's silly how devs sell console exclusives AND/OR also platform exclusives like on PC (like steam only games for example) and how pretty much all devs could easily make triple the amount of money if they would never sign an exclusivity deal on any game, ever. I'm not console warring (I did mention the whole PC store platform based exclusives) I'm just saying, it's an interesting thing to notice how corporations don't always do what is the most profitable 100% of the time, even if they do it most of the time. They also seem to do lots of emotional decision making that often results in less profit, rather than what one would normally expect from corporations that usually think 100% logical based only. So yea it's really strange and confusing. I just feel like even though it's silly, It's not impossible. I hope it isn't true though. I hope sony does not censor nudity in their version of Cyberpunk2077.

Don`t forget we have already seen the Australia censorship review for the game and it clearly said nudity but as others have posted Japan will censor the game . So i think that outside of Japan it will be fine .

As for platform exclusives , those companies must be getting some sort of kick back to make exclusive deals or they wouldn`t do it . As you say if you cut yourself off from revenue possibilities than you must be picking it up somewhere else . Either money deals or say PS / X Box exclusives might come with a promise of help with the next game the company puts out . Sony and Microsoft didn`t get this big by making mistakes in business .

Just my two cents worth (y)

Don`t forget we have already seen the Australia censorship review for the game and it clearly said nudity but as others have posted Japan will censor the game . So i think that outside of Japan it will be fine .

As for platform exclusives , those companies must be getting some sort of kick back to make exclusive deals or they wouldn`t do it . As you say if you cut yourself off from revenue possibilities than you must be picking it up somewhere else . Either money deals or say PS / X Box exclusives might come with a promise of help with the next game the company puts out . Sony and Microsoft didn`t get this big by making mistakes in business .

Just my two cents worth (y)
Thats really cool but I still worry about it. The scary part is that the only way to find out is to risk it and buy it on Playstation and then.... I can't.. I can't take the risk. Personally, I will play it safe. I don't know.

Thats really cool but I still worry about it. The scary part is that the only way to find out is to risk it and buy it on Playstation and then.... I can't.. I can't take the risk. Personally, I will play it safe. I don't know.

I have Googled and the new consoles come out on the 10th and 12th , so before the game have you preordered ? Or will you buy PC ? I already have on PS4 and i don`t know about Xbox but there`s no PS5s to buy at the moment in OZ :( so i`ll wait for the free PS5 game from CDPR . Take my chances with nudity being in on PS4 :shrug:

I have Googled and the new consoles come out on the 10th and 12th , so before the game have you preordered ? Or will you buy PC ? I already have on PS4 and i don`t know about Xbox but there`s no PS5s to buy at the moment in OZ :( so i`ll wait for the free PS5 game from CDPR . Take my chances with nudity being in on PS4 :shrug:
I'm gonna just be sticking with PC I guess. :shrug: I guess I'm already going with that because I love mods so much. :shrug:
But I do sweat when I think about it. I hope it turns out good for everyone.

I think in game nudity should be fully allowable. I have long been used to avatar nudity in Second Life, and I have completely modded Skyrim and other games to include nudity or part where outfits and situations suit it, and it is all part of the realistic immersion, especially how can this be bad in games where violent death in the most blatant visual and sound is fully permissible. I remember when for a brief time nudity (as a bug) crept into Entropia Universe which despite having a highly advanced character creation system with anatomic reality chose to hide with compulsory underwear and how much fuss was made. I am totally opposed to petty censorship and hope the character creation system does not include 'censorship underwear'. You cannot have a dystopian ultra risky city in 2077 and make a fuss about a a few body parts on show. My only disappointment in this game so far is the fact I much prefer to switch into 3rd person view and this being locked out does rather defeat the idea of having a superb av when you can't see it in game

I think in game nudity should be fully allowable. I have long been used to avatar nudity in Second Life, and I have completely modded Skyrim and other games to include nudity or part where outfits and situations suit it, and it is all part of the realistic immersion, especially how can this be bad in games where violent death in the most blatant visual and sound is fully permissible. I remember when for a brief time nudity (as a bug) crept into Entropia Universe which despite having a highly advanced character creation system with anatomic reality chose to hide with compulsory underwear and how much fuss was made. I am totally opposed to petty censorship and hope the character creation system does not include 'censorship underwear'. You cannot have a dystopian ultra risky city in 2077 and make a fuss about a a few body parts on show. My only disappointment in this game so far is the fact I much prefer to switch into 3rd person view and this being locked out does rather defeat the idea of having a superb av when you can't see it in game
That's really fascinating :think:

I’m concerned CDPR changed their policy on this. I’m the rescue Sandra Dorval mission (or whatever her name is), when V comes across the bodies the guy on top of her is no longer naked. He’s wearing underwear.

it’s definitely a concern for me.
I think it's only censored for trailers and so.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom