Game crash (image freezing, sound and game still running)

+
Oh wow, this is old issue.
Im having this issue on the last boss fight, also had this issue 2 times before just exploring the world.
Almost 300 hours of game.
1080TI + i7 4960x
16GB Ram
Windows 10 LTSC
W3 Installed on SSD apart from OS.

It happened before install HDRP 12 Mod so i cant blame it.
Had similar issue on Assasin Creed Syndicate, but solved after installing new nvidiaDriver (in July)
Post automatically merged:

Well... its a shame but a had to lower the resolution from 1440p to 1080p, not alter other settings. The issue is solved and could pass through that boss battle.
Thankfully the checkpoints saved me lot of time.

Last edited:
...but solved after installing new nvidiaDriver (in July)

This would be my first guess. Newer driver versions will often introduce odd issues with older games. The modern standard is pretty much 1440p @ 120 Hz or 144 Hz. That's a frame timing that's very different from TW3's native 1080p @ 60 Hz. As many of the game's functions will be based on data from specific frames at a specific intervals, having incomplete (Vsync off) frames or duplicate frames (say...80+ FPS at 144 Hz) may create weirdness.

Have to say today i updated my Nvidia Drivers October release (456.71).
I did set my game on 1440p and all max settings as usual
Not more issues for now, not freeze game, not lost rendered cuscenes, I could end the final boss without any issues.

Well, some new drivers cause issues, and some new drivers solve the issue. It's hard to keep track which Nvidia driver works and which doesn't. Often it also varies with the hardware.

But I'm glad the latest driver solved the issue for you.

So, i'm not american, so my grammar is going bad (i'm using a translator). But leaving that aside, this problem still exists today. I tried to download the recommended drivers from the forum and it still didn't work. My config is enough to run everything at high 720p at 60 fps:
amd fx 6300
gtx 1050 2gb
8gb ram

I've been trying to solve this for a week, but I still can't. I want to solve soon to play this masterpiece

So, i'm not american, so my grammar is going bad (i'm using a translator). But leaving that aside, this problem still exists today. I tried to download the recommended drivers from the forum and it still didn't work. My config is enough to run everything at high 720p at 60 fps:
amd fx 6300
gtx 1050 2gb
8gb ram

I've been trying to solve this for a week, but I still can't. I want to solve soon to play this masterpiece
What did you try so far? Not sure we can tell you that much more than what has been discussed in this thread.

Close every non-essential application in your Windows task manager (especially stuff like Fraps, Uplay, RivaTuner..). Maybe disable all overlay features and disable cloud save features of Steam/GOG.

CDPR support can be reached here:
(this support article is not the same issue, but most of the suggestions here can be applied to other problems too - I would not recommend installing the newest GPU drivers though, as they suggest - if you want to contact CDPR support, just click on "Contact Us" on that website)

Top Bottom