Character name the letters of the alphabet.

+

msxyz

Forum regular
Am I the only one who thinks that naming a character with a letter was pretty lame? Sure, you solve a lot of problema with the voice overs but at least we could have some real male/female names!

Am I the only one who thinks that naming a character with a letter was pretty lame? Sure, you solve a lot of problema with the voice overs but at least we could have some real male/female names!

Nope. And we still have no idea what does the V signify, other than being gender-neutral (for some reason, since we already heard Dexter say "Miss V" and "Mister V" it doesnt seem to be that important)

I believe its been said V is a "Street name", not V's actual name. It is the name the NPCs will refer to.

I like it , there`s nothing worse than playing the whole game with a NCP`s who don`t know your name . Rather than being called Hero , Commander or any other title V has a name that long time Friends like Jackie can call you . Oh and don`t get me started on Lovers , I just made sweet passionate love to Judy only for her to call me Officer / Doctor :eek: A name is more intimate than a title .

In the Lore you wouldn`t want everyone to know your real name :shrug:

I think V is an awesome name.
You know like that guy from V for Vendetta. A pretty dope alias but I think its maybe a little odd that even the corporate boss Jenkins calls us V.
But it's better than random titles

msxyz

Forum regular
It's better than not having one like far cry 5. I hated having no identity, unlike the previous games.
Actually I would rather have no name at all than... V ? What kind of surname is that?

it's one thing to have a preset name because you're playing a character with a background and all that (i.e. Geralt of Rivia) but for a game where you're put in the role of a nobody becoming the hero, I would have expected something better.

There are other strategies to cope with the voice overs, for example using a title or a proper surname. V seems really out of place

Actually I would rather have no name at all than... V ? What kind of surname is that?

it's one thing to have a preset name because you're playing a character with a background and all that (i.e. Geralt of Rivia) but for a game where you're put in the role of a nobody becoming the hero, I would have expected something better.

There are other strategies to cope with the voice overs, for example using a title or a proper surname. V seems really out of place
This ain't Fallout 4

Yeah V is your handle or street name, like in the pnp game your character may have a real name but pretty much everyone calls you by your street name.

I played a character in 2020 for almost 3 years and only 2 people ever called him by his real name and one of them was his mother lol.

Top Bottom