So, about them cars!

+
You were listening to Jackie when he said the prisons were overfilled. Crimes don't go unpunished, law is enforced, but yes V and Jackie are criminals and they are trying to avoid the law. If you look at the character creation screen it is evident that someone is looking at his Rap sheet searching for him in night city.
Whoa interesting, where did you see this? I didn't notice anything...? I think?
So I guess if that's the answer to my question, I imagine V will CONSTANTLY be on the run, or in hiding, or just trying to avoid leaving evidence the whole entire game? That's gonna be really tense. Might even be exciting. But what happens when V is caught? Just death screen? Game over? Scary. :oops:

The strange part about all of this is that the only way for the game to function would be if a large amount of these crimes often went unpunished,

There is no crime, if it's not discovered / reported. Second of all police had to find someone, who did it. And as was said, they don't have large budget, so I'd suspect their effectivness is rather small. Third, instead of punishing person by themselves, police in NC often put reward for killing or bringing criminal alive. That solves understaff problem if money's good.

There is no crime, if it's not discovered / reported. Second of all police had to find someone, who did it. And as was said, they don't have large budget, so I'd suspect their effectivness is rather small. Third, instead of punishing person by themselves, police in NC often put reward for killing or bringing criminal alive. That solves understaff problem if money's good.
I'm interested in experiencing this strange and complex and deep ecosystem that goes beyond obvious and simple surface level stuff in Cyberpunk2077 with V.

There is no crime, if it's not discovered / reported.

A crime is still a crime, even if it is never discovered/reported.

I think what you meant is that criminals don't feel the repercussions of crimes until they get caught. This is what V and other criminals operate under, and they are largely successful because NCPD cannot catch most of them due to rampant crime, low budget, corruption, etc.

Additionally, the lack of police creates a power vacuum that allows gangs to be in control of their respective territories. It's kind of like modern day Mexico in drug cartel territory.

I hope they might one day add some classic or 'vintage' derived car themes into the line up. It would make sense that very rich individuals might have custom nostalgia builds based on USA/Euro/UK classic cars of the 1930s, 40s etc from say an English SS100 Jaguar to a vintage Deusenberg, Cord, pre war Mercedes or even the US Excalibur style 'made up' cars in that style.. something like the amazing vehicle in 'League of Extraordinary Gentlemen.. would be my theme in 2077 (I've driven Morgans, SS100 replicas and and other similar style cars in RL for many years so this is very much my car taste as well as modern supercar sports)

I hope they might one day add some classic or 'vintage' derived car themes into the line up. It would make sense that very rich individuals might have custom nostalgia builds based on USA/Euro/UK classic cars of the 1930s, 40s etc from say an English SS100 Jaguar to a vintage Deusenberg, Cord, pre war Mercedes or even the US Excalibur style 'made up' cars in that style.. something like the amazing vehicle in 'League of Extraordinary Gentlemen.. would be my theme in 2077 (I've driven Morgans, SS100 replicas and and other similar style cars in RL for many years so this is very much my car taste as well as modern supercar sports)
Do you have a youtube link to that car in league of extraordinary gentlemen? :D

The driving model seemed a little bit off to me. I played 2 minutes of watch dogs 1 to decide I never wanted to play it again. I hope this will feel better.

Johnnys 911 Porsche is OLDER in 2077 than a Duesenberg is today. For example Duesenberg model J was introduced in 1928..

Sure, museum models exist, would you drive one? Not necessarily. Although it was implied that Johnnys 911 has received considerable revamp to be able to be driven in 2077. CHOO2 and all that.

Personally, I am not a fan of putting what is essentially a fantasy skin into a game of altogether different setting. That stretches the suspension of disbelief too far.

Johnnys 911 Porsche is OLDER in 2077 than a Duesenberg is today. For example Duesenberg model J was introduced in 1928..

Sure, museum models exist, would you drive one? Not necessarily. Although it was implied that Johnnys 911 has received considerable revamp to be able to be driven in 2077. CHOO2 and all that.

Personally, I am not a fan of putting what is essentially a fantasy skin into a game of altogether different setting. That stretches the suspension of disbelief too far.

Consider the fact that they make reproduction cars that look exactly like the original. Johnny's 911 Porsche could be just a relatively recently made reproduction. Which would make a lot more sense.

If they are bringing old cars into the mix though, what I would like to see is not a Porsche 911. I am sick of seeing that car already.

What I really want to see a DeLorean DMC-12. It is the perfect car for Cyberpunk.

If they considered Porsche 911 and not DeLorean DMC-12, I will be pissed.

I think that Posche 911 is ok, but it must have some lore explanation.

Porsche should be one of the manufacturers of the game, so we could drive more of their cars (at least 3 or 4), or have a reasonable explanation why it's not there in 2077.

Even so, it's very hard to believe in a "regular" way for Johnny Silverhand's car to be preserved if Porsche is not in the market. Other explanation is that, with the chip, you can have vivid flashes of JS memories, so you don't drive it on 2077, but only in the past memories of JS.

Top Bottom